It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Bill That Could To Detain 911 Truthers Without Charge

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
There is a new bill that they are trying to push through that could essentially lock up 911 Truthers for life,and all dissenters. Causing quite a stir amongst civil liberties groups. McCain is one of its creators. Though 911 truhers were brougth up in the interview with some discussion of the recent pentagon lockdown and J. Patrick Bendel.

9/11 TRUTHERS LOCKED UP FOR LIFE UNDER NEW US LAW (PLEASE SHARE THIS)

Basically 12 towns in New England demanding 911 be reopened, Japanese politician speaking out against 911, so they set up and murdered J. Patrick Bendel, (problem, reaction, solution) in order to make it a CRIME subject to life imprisonment to be a 911 truther.

How much chance does this bill have to pass?

Apparently this is a new definition of terrorist and they are able to detain the person indefinatley, if this bill passes, without charge or trial.

From the channel description on youtubes for this video:

John McCain and Joe Lieberman, the bill would give the United States government the power to indefinitely detain terror suspects without charge or trial. It would also allow the government to interrogate them for the intelligence value and it doesnt make a distinction between US citizens and non-citizens.

The video actually lists a long list of possibilities of anyone dissenting against the government. What is scarey is if it passes, no one would know a thing. I just read a case where a man was laid off work on the US west coast and taken in custody for legally purchasing guns. The police said they were acting PROACTIVELY rather than REACTIVELY.

Is this why they are using the word PROACTIVE?

[edit on 10-3-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
This is a very interesting piece of news and a topic that needs discussion. Thanks for posting.

But I think that you should change the thread title and get it moved to a different forum. A little misleading, if you ask me, as the truth movement is only mentioned in passing.

This is really a general civil liberties issue.

Edit - This topic is already being discussed here www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 10/3/10 by Horza]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I don't know. This is really bad news, but I think it's just kind of arbitrary speculation to say that this could lock up truthers.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Horza
This is a very interesting piece of news and a topic that needs discussion. Thanks for posting.

But I think that you should change the thread title and get it moved to a different forum. A little misleading, if you ask me, as the truth movement is only mentioned in passing.

This is really a general civil liberties issue.

Edit - This topic is already being discussed here www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 10/3/10 by Horza]

I just did, because the one title is narrow. The bill is worse than merely 911 truthers, its broad sweeping.

I want to find that case, of the police acting proactive if I can. That one shocked me, the use of words. And that they just picked up without any lawful to do so, and are holding him. Can this now happen to anyone? Is the bill even passed yet?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this video. This is new information.

Related Thread

DIRECT LINK TO BILL

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Being a TRUTHER is in itself a sort of life sentence.And it changes you,you sleep less(1/2 past midnight here)So the real question is I suppose the following:Are we terrorists in their eyes because of what we might do in response to the bad news of MIHOP,or is the spreading acceptance that it was an inside job what they fear?Because if the latter,this genie is too big now to put back in the bottle.Even harder than fitting flight 77 in the hole.

Like we gonna do a Winston Smith and be gutted mentally and the shell of the person returned to a sort of place in Society,with no reason to exclaim,"but 2+2=4!".Instead,we'd be,"I guess they DID just sorta fall down,I dunno,they're tall and it's SO complicated.Let's go to the 'feelies'''Yeccch The Founders would be rolling in their graves.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
www.mailtribune.com.../20100309/NEWS/3090315

Police act swiftly after gun purchases

Concerns about an Oregon Department of Transportation employee who purchased several guns after being placed on leave prompted law enforcement across Southern Oregon to step in.

Negotiators and a SWAT team from Medford police safely took a man — whose name wasn't released — into protective custody Monday morning in the 500 block of Effie Street, Medford police said in a news release.

He was taken to Rogue Valley Medical Center for a mental-health evaluation.

The man recently had been placed on administrative leave from his job and was "very disgruntled," the news release said.

ODOT Communications Director Patrick Cooney said there were administrative, personnel matters involved that limited what the department could discuss.

However, the state agency had reported concerns about the man to law enforcement agencies, who started monitoring him, officials said.

"We had concerning information regarding a personnel issue and were watching the subject," Jackson County Sheriff Mike Winters said.

In two days, the man bought a Heckler & Koch .45-caliber universal self-loading handgun, a Walther .380-caliber handgun and an AK-47 assault rifle, Medford police Lt. Bob Hansen said. All of those firearms were purchased legally, with required record checks by the Oregon State Police.

Authorities were "extremely concerned" that the man may have been planning to retaliate against his employers, the news release said.

"Instead of being reactive, we took a proactive approach," OSP Sgt. Jeff Proulx said.

The choice of words proactive sent chills down my spine. Just what is this, precrime? Is everyone under complete watch that they have the manpower to puruse cases in all circumstances, PROACTIVELY?

What does this case do to civil liberties? Did it happen because the word went out, yes, its time now. The Bill is as good as passed.

www.theatlantic.com...

This must be the bill.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

It was actually mentioned in the video, 911 truthers were brought up in the interview along with other scenarios, the broad sweeping implications. I was surprised to have this media interview done like this criticizing the Bill in the open.

They discussed that the Pentagon shooter could be used as an example to take actions against 911 truthers.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by trueforger
Being a TRUTHER is in itself a sort of life sentence.And it changes you,you sleep less(1/2 past midnight here)So the real question is I suppose the following:Are we terrorists in their eyes because of what we might do in response to the bad news of MIHOP,or is the spreading acceptance that it was an inside job what they fear?Because if the latter,this genie is too big now to put back in the bottle.Even harder than fitting flight 77 in the hole.

Like we gonna do a Winston Smith and be gutted mentally and the shell of the person returned to a sort of place in Society,with no reason to exclaim,"but 2+2=4!".Instead,we'd be,"I guess they DID just sorta fall down,I dunno,they're tall and it's SO complicated.Let's go to the 'feelies'''Yeccch The Founders would be rolling in their graves.

I knew from the moment that the live report cut into the programming that this was a staged event, I simply knew it, as did my friend who I immediately called. I knew with the track record of foreign involement, cia sponsored toppling of newly elected democracies and reinstating fascist extremists that best served western corporate banking shareholders interest, that the chance of me being wrong was perhaps 1%, and that if so, they had earned that bad reputation by their misdeads. I knew they were going into the middle east.

Its the red pill, and it really wakes a person up to the world they're living in ASAP, if its sudden, a paradigm shift, but my inner guidance system already told me this was the world we lived based on connecting a lot of dots, over a lot of strange behaviors by leaders for a long period of time.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I connect dots really quickly. When that gunman incident occurred under the Pentagon, in the metro, time froze for me, as I realized it was a staged incident. And there was a very strong political motivation for it.

I can easily see that he was set up and murdered to push through this Bill, to win support from all sides. Apparently, both the Democrats and the Republicans are in accordance with this kind of sweeping fascist powers to detain indefinatey without even a charge laid.
No doubt....

Also having my internet shut off, then return crawling slower than molasses is a sure sign all 911 threads are watched.

This way they know, we know. Its always a good idea to ensure that they are aware that not everyone is imbibing their flouride and aspartame in high levels.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
All I gotta say about this is:
They better build lots of prisons cuz the latest CNN Polls
show that 86% of Americans DO NOT believe the
OS of 9/11.

That's roughly 400 Million Americans

Lots of prisons or
lots of body bags

This type of system will not last long.
It will crumble like all previous civilizations have.
Greece, Rome, etc .....
It rots from within

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I know they said it in the video. And I think she was speculating.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   

NIGHTLINE

A discussion of the Pentagon lockdown and 911 truthers! Looks like a real movement to set up those fema camps, and get NWO in the forefront with loss of civil liberties. New bills that could prohibit fishing, gardens, and this is something we need to address, not just US citizens, world citizens. Its time to wake up and win back freedom.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

I think it was brought up as an example of what this bill would do, for a very specific reason. They get it, they understand the J. Patrick Bendel case, and how it occurred at a time coinciding with this bill introduced into the house. I'm really surprised it was brought up like this, and carefully examined. The two are linked by their proximity and timing, the bill and the Pentagon lockdown, in addition this interview brings it up specifically. So the 911 truthers is being used as the catalyst here.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I have been saying that the United States is heading for the darkest times ever.
People need to start waking up and fast, because it looks like a fascist government has taken control of congress.

I just cannot believe Americans are just going to sit back and let congress pass this illegal legislation against the American people.

Looks to me in a few more years the United States will be no different from North Korea or Iran.

Dose anyone have a copy of this bill I would like to read it.

[edit on 10-3-2010 by impressme]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
All I gotta say about this is:
They better build lots of prisons cuz the latest CNN Polls
show that 86% of Americans DO NOT believe the
OS of 9/11.

That's roughly 400 Million Americans

Can you post your source? Also your math is only slightly off....

US Population

~307,000,000 * .86 = 264020000; not 400 million

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I just love how you turn the following quoted statement:

John McCain and Joe Lieberman, the bill would give the United States government the power to indefinitely detain terror suspects without charge or trial. It would also allow the government to interrogate them for the intelligence value and it doesnt make a distinction between US citizens and non-citizens.

Into : "New Bill That Could To Detain 911 Truthers Without Charge"

Wow... Talk about leaping....

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Pharyax

Heres the pdf: assets.theatlantic.com...

I am downloading it myself.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
New Bill That Could To Detain 911 Truthers Without Charge

Does nobody proofread their posts anymore here? Does anybody speak or write proper English? I'm not trying to be a Grammar Nazi or anything, but you really can't get much further down in the hole of derision than being a Truther who can't formulate a properly worded or structured sentence.

What's next? A post titled "Aircraft Did Not To Crash Into Buildings Go"?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by impressme
I have been saying that the United States is heading for the darkest times ever.
People need to start waking up and fast, because it looks like a fascist government has taken control of congress.

I just cannot believe Americans are just going to sit back and let congress pass this illegal legislation against the American people.

Looks to me in a few more years the United States will be no different from North Korea or Iran.

Dose anyone have a copy of this bill I would like to read it.
[edit on 10-3-2010 by impressme]

Personally, and this is only my opinion, I don't think this bill is going anywhere. This is just a little political posturing so anybody that openly opposes it can be marked as "soft on terrorism" and the fight can be engaged. There are so many legal weakness in this thing even the most conservative supreme court would rule it unconstitutional.

Just the point about telling the Executive whom he may and whom he may not try in court is a big red flag.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join