It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi: 'We need to pass health care bill to find out what is in it..'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
This woman scares the living bejeezuz out of me. But I do enjoy political freudian slips like this: What more can you say.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
It's not a Freudian slip, as far as I can tell.

She doesn't say she (or Congress) doesn't know what's in the bill.

She's saying that after the bill is passed many people will discover benefits they didn't know were in it, because they haven't bothered to read it or keep up with all that's included. Benefits like coverage for preventive care.

You really have to twist what she's actually saying to get the interpretation you (and Fox) are trying to put on her remarks.

You both are grasping for straws.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Polosi should scare any sane person. She would be perfect for a job in China assisting the communist party chairman, or she could go shopping for booze for north korea's great leader.
Voters need to remedy this mistake from America ASAP...

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

It is not about preventative care, it is about diet.

Did you watch the clip? This is not about health care, it is about control.

Control of your health.
Control of your bank account.
Control of your diet.

CONTROL.

Tired of control freaks.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
That's like saying we should all take the swine flu vaccine to see what the side effects are. She's askin for a pink slip.

SM2

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
wow...just wow...i can't believe this walking botox injection is even allowed to open her pie hole any longer. I can not believe people are this stupid. It kinda reminds me of one of my favorite qoutes....

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by antideceit
Polosi should scare any sane person. She would be perfect for a job in China assisting the communist party chairman, or she could go shopping for booze for north korea's great leader.
Voters need to remedy this mistake from America ASAP...

I'll pitch in for a plane ticket!

Casing

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

With all due respect, you're wrong. I neither took her remarks out of context nor twisted them. As a matter of fact I do believe she set the context for her slip on the lead up to it. You cannot sit there with a straight face and tell me she knows what is in that bill. None of them do. She knows what she put in it. But for the rest of it not a chance. She is pushing the over-arching idea that the bill stands for and is designed to legislate. She is grasping for straws my friend, as are you by trying to implicate that I am in cahoots with faux news trying to twist this poor woman's words.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
As one who initially supported the notion of a public option and health care reform, and who sees the current state of health care in this country as broken... all I can say is, well... damn. It's pretty freakin' sad when the Speaker of the House, one of our president's most trusted posterchildren, suggests that the only way we can see past the "fog of controversy" is to pass legislation without explanation so we can see what it does. Ah, to be young, clueless and on your parent's healthcare plans... weren't those the days.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SM2
wow...just wow...i can't believe this walking botox injection is even allowed to open her pie hole any longer. I can not believe people are this stupid. It kinda reminds me of one of my favorite qoutes....

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein

Yeah...Pelosi is a devil spawned succubitch...

and I dig that saying too

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias
She's saying that after the bill is passed many people will discover benefits they didn't know were in it, because they haven't bothered to read it or keep up with all that's included. Benefits like coverage for preventive care.

Agreed. I can't stand Pelosi and I'm far from a fan of this healthcare legislation she's pushing. That said, I think your interpretation is correct. That's what she was trying to say.

That said, its still a stupid statement for two reasons. One, she has to know that people *are* going to interpret something like that the wrong way. Second, and more importantly, she assumes that the public is rejecting it because they don't know what's in the plan. The problem is, they seem to be rejecting it because they actually do know what's in it.

[edit on 10-3-2010 by vor78]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Well, I guess the speaker fails to realize that after everything that has gone on, that after all of the education that the American public has had, that we would even consider accepting something without so much as reading it. Now before you say I am twisting her words, let me ask you this, would you sign a contract without reading it first and understand everything that is in it, to include what all is in the fine print? I would not, so therefore, I think that she needs to think about what she is asking, and then not be so shocked if we the people are rejecting this bill.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Maybe on page 1348 line 45 it allows for Pelosi to upgrade from here puny 737 to a 777 so she clan fly non-stop to China to suck the scrotum of communism dry.

Hell maybe she can fly to Berlin as well and pay homage to her fallen leader and martyr, un fuerer.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
...every bit as ridiculous as saying "You need to be kicked in the nuts to know it hurts."

Nancy Pelosi is among the top reasons I look at California and just shake my head. They elected this worthless nothing and, as a result, have subjected the rest of America to her bullcrap. It is long past time for California to either start demonstrating some modicum of intelligence in their voting or have a special election across the other 49 states to approve or deny the inbeciles they routinely send to DC.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Quote from the bill
"To provide affordable, quality health care for all Americans and reduce the growth in health care spending, and for other purposes."

Define other purposes...please.

Im all for health care...but I will not sell my soul for it.

Bad Bill....try again.

No compromise.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Freakin' Pelosi. This reminds me of when John Kerry was running for President.

He said, "I have a plan for Iraq. But I'm not telling anyone until after I'm elected."

Yeah. Right. I'll jump right on that.

Pelosi is clownshoes.

top topics

join