It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone know what this symbol means?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I took a picture of this symbol, which was carved into a boulder, at Montauk Point last summer. It was on a large pile of boulders, and I only noticed it by accident when I happened to glance down. It must have taken quite awhile to carve. Since last summer I have chalked it up to a fisherman that was bored. Note: the orientation of the symbol may be wrong, I just took the picture in what seemed to be its natural orientation.

As I said, I have dismissed it for a long time, but I am really curious if anyone has seen it before, to see if it has some special meaning. As you may or may not know, Montauk Point is the site of the alleged Montauk projects.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I don't know what it means. Maybe it's an arrow. Or, it could be some type of marker for something underneath?

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Michelangelo had the brush, whoever drew that had the stone.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 12:46 AM
link   
It is the DELTA Group's Insignia.

Long-time MONTAUK boys and currently "supervisors" of our "guests"...

I've got a similar symbol captured on the surveillance vid of OLSEN-2 from 1969. I think DELTA Group were brought in after the Takohama debacle on the Great Lakes border of (the joint USA/USSR facility), post-Apollo 11 landing...

[Edited on 1-6-2004 by Ixataar]

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I found this thread here on ats about the delta group, and they do use a triangle for their symbol, but I am unsure if it is the same one you are referring to.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by IMMORTAL
I don't know what it means. Maybe it's an arrow. Or, it could be some type of marker for something underneath?

I suppose it could be a marker, but for what I am not sure. Those rocks must weigh hundreds of pounds at least. I dont think its an arrow, unless it is meant to point into the ocean...

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Thats the DELTA Group (well, close) that I AM referring to;
www3.tky.3web.ne.jp...

Tau also symbolises the golden ratio, the CROSS etc. etc.

Oh yeah, it ain't no marker.
To me (judging from its crudeness), its a bit of Grafitti done by (perhaps a previous captive of Montauk).

A warning to others (in the know) - stay away...

However, is definitely DELTA Group.

[Edited on 1-6-2004 by Ixataar]

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Hey, thanks alot Ixataar! I really appreciate your input with this.

I did find it right on the perimeter of the base.

Interesting...

top topics

join