It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel, Syria pursue nuclear Mideast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Israel, Syria pursue nuclear Mideast

www.msnbc.msn.com

Dual announcements Tuesday by bitter rivals Israel and Syria that they want to pursue atomic power plants could complicate the diplomatic storm over Iran's nuclear program and fuel a widening web of suspicion across the Middle East.

In a region where few trust each other to keep a nuclear program peaceful, Israel — which is widely thought to have a secret nuclear weapons program — is unlikely to accept Syrian assurances its program is civilian. Looming in the background Egypt, Jordan and the United Arab Emirates also have ambitions to develop nuclear power.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Alright, this is getting interesting.

With Israel threatening Iran.... And now, ALL of their neighbors having nuclear ambitions, my hope is an even playing-field.

I would love to see Israel back down and stop threatening everyone around them. What could Israel do to keep EVERYONE in the Middle East from developing nuclear capabilities?

I, personally, would love to see Israel take on the entire Middle East single-handedly.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
This is interesting. I believe that any sovereign nation has the right to develop nuclear power.

An even playing field is what is needed over there, as it would serve the same purpose as the second amendment does over here. The only reason we Americans are so heavily propagandized is because of our 2nd amendment. If half of our gun owning populace knew half of what is going on in the world in the proper context, we would make good on our Declaration of Independence again.

Israel may think twice about how it treats it's neighbors if they themselves had nuclear capabilities. Things would really shake up over there, which is why Israel is on such a fierce propaganda campaign against Iran developing nuclear capabilities of any kind. This is the reasoning which caused me to rescind my earlier opinions on the topic of nuclear proliferation.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I definitely agree that Israel might consider treating their neighbors better if all of their neighbors had an equal ability to defend themselves.

It's easy to threaten countries when they don't have the same capabilities.

At least if we were ALL on the same playing field, M.A.D. would be the known consequence/outcome for waging war on someone else.
Maybe war would be considered a lot more of a big deal, instead of something that you get going on several fronts at the same time, just for fun/profit.

top topics

join