It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2nd ex-cop charged in Katrina coverup

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

2nd ex-cop charged in Katrina coverup

www.msnbc.msn.com

A second ex-New Orleans officer charged in an alleged conspiracy to cover up a deadly police shooting of unarmed residents after Hurricane Katrina is expected to plead guilty, a person familiar with the case said Tuesday.

A federal court filing Tuesday charges former detective Jeffrey Lehrmann with misprision of a felony, which meant he had knowledge of a crime and didn't report it. It said he "knew of a conspiracy among police officers to obstruct justice," helped conceal the conspiracy, helped create false reports and provided false information to federal investigators.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
OMG

I knew that the cops were confiscating weapons from residents who stayed behind... And I assumed they might shoot at armed criminals that would attack them.

But they were shooting at UN-ARMED Katrina victims.

I hope this scum gets what's coming to him.

But what if he is just the scapegoat. The fall-guy for a much bigger cover-up? We at ATS have suspected that a LOT of things were going on after Katrina, that they were not reporting.

Is this much bigger, like I suspect?

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
The sad thing is, this post won't get any attention.

Then when I wake up tomorrow, someone will have re-posted this story, and it will be at the top of ATS.

Always happens to me.

I just can't believe the Katrina situation might be even WORSE than we already knew it was. Corruption, unconstitutional actions, and cover-ups....
I Would not be surprised if Katrina happened the way it did, because those high in power wanted to test Americans' reactions to a real devastation.

Maybe nothing from our government and law enforcement amazes us anymore, at this point.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis

Maybe nothing from our government and law enforcement amazes us anymore, at this point.

Its been going on as far back as I can remember, why would it ever stop? What will happen is the reporting will get shut down then its business as usual.
Heres a case of systematic torture in Chicage I heard about years ago and only now is justice being served...lives ruined forever.

police torture case

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by maldronath

That police torture case is horrifying.

I guess waking up to this once-hidden side of America, is just part of living in the Information Age.

I can definitely see the technology of today (leaks/anonymous whistleblowers) being a HUGE threat to our corrupt leaders/law enforcement...

Sometimes it feels like our government is no better than those corrupt 3rd world ones that we grew up hearing about, and then being told to be thankful we are in the Land of the Free.

How much can we take? lol

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
And it articles like this, that make me wanna rub it into people like obama and others, who say us conspiracy people are crazy and full of it. If it wasnt for ATS, this ews would have never reached main populous

eat yuor hearts out anti conspirators ; )

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
LoL your education is so weak. People act like this is such an isolated case. It happens ALL the time. When there is a crisis city wide. The police are first to run and leave everyone fending for themselves.Everywhere no country is immune to this.

When they come back they see society deteriorating and become murdering thugs. Label it martial law, restoring order , keeping the peace. Its murder.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

More evidence of corruption within the system. Cover-ups, murder, bribery, and etc. influence our leaders greatly!

top topics

join