It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Out Back Steakhouse is offering a free onion to War Vets WTF

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donny 4 million

Originally posted by Matthew Dark

Originally posted by K J Gunderson

Actually donny answered your question in pointing out that they do not need any help since they still have one arm left.

Actually...Matthew pointed that out...not Donny.
Don't confuse us...I'm quirky, dark, funny and downright dashing.
He's...well...I don't know exactly what he is.

Can anyone here in this pant load of poorly digested onions supply a quote to back it up?

Back what up? That Mathew does not know anything about you? How exactly would you like that backed up? Donny, you have made some good posts in threads in the past. This does not even really seem like you. This post right here seems like a drunken rant more than anything that resembles sense. In all seriousness, are you in your right state of mind right now? I do not mean that as an insult. I would not even ask if I did not think you were better than this.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by hhensley84
Not sure what u mean by sleeptalking, I'm just saying as a veteran learn some modesty. If someone says thank you, say your welcome not "you mean u don't have anything else to give me?" Just comes across bad man, really.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Since I cannot star this post, I want to make sure that it got repeated.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Dashing for your cheap free onion?

I think this kind of explains the reason for this thread right here.

Cheap and free huh? Your sense of logic is really intriguing to me.

Please go on. I have a whole pocket full of cocktail onions I will lay down like bread crumbs for you.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Donny 4 million

Do you honestly think it was better when they offered nothing at all to vets for anything? These are the only choices you get. Free onion or nothing. You think nothing was less offensive then?

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Please go on. I have a whole pocket full of cocktail onions I will lay down like bread crumbs for you.

So when you say something that does not make any sense at all and I point it out, this is the best response you have? If only you knew just how entertaining this thread is.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Actually donny answered your question in pointing out that they do not need any help since they still have one arm left.

Actually...Matthew pointed that out...not Donny.
Don't confuse us...I'm quirky, dark, funny and downright dashing.
He's...well...I don't know exactly what he is.

Can anyone here in this pant load of poorly digested onions supply a quote to back it up?

Back what up? That Mathew does not know anything about you? How exactly would you like that backed up? Donny, you have made some good posts in threads in the past. This does not even really seem like you. This post right here seems like a drunken rant more than anything that resembles sense. In all seriousness, are you in your right state of mind right now? I do not mean that as an insult. I would not even ask if I did not think you were better than this.

Well for god sakes Knewt if you cant keep it from a rearin Leeeteer GO.
You need any more onions

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

So when you say something that does not make any sense at all and I point it out, this is the best response you have? If only you knew just how entertaining this thread is.

Ain' t that the truth you could be wasting your time at the steakhouse woofin down all those tasty freekin onions instead. You da man!!!
That is if you qualify. Any chance you do?

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
In my opinion it is a sad day in hell when a matter related to every returning American Warrior Veteran gets demoted to the freekin chit freekin chat basement of ATS
My country men and women deserve better.

Free onions go get them.

[edit on 9-3-2010 by Donny 4 million]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
As I said, I don't feel I deserve anything, and the only reason their giving a bloomin' onion is because its their most popular item. Also, go to an Outback, they have a Red, White and Blue menu that anything you order, proceeds go to the wounded warriors foundation!

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Well for god sakes Knewt if you cant keep it from a rearin Leeeteer GO.
You need any more onions

Um well um uh...huh? I honestly have no clue what this means. I mean I did not understand what you wanted backed up so I asked and this is your response? Have anything back there that makes sense? Know what confuses me most?

Who the hell is Knewt? That is not even close to what my name is.

Donny, are you not interesting in actually discussing the topic you started a thread about? Just looking for an excuse to say random insulting things to people?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Ain' t that the truth you could be wasting your time at the steakhouse woofin down all those tasty freekin onions instead. You da man!!!
That is if you qualify. Any chance you do?

Now I get it. You are mad because your thread cannot garner any stars and no one has flagged it for you. Upsetting is it?

If you were the least bit interested in your very own thread, then you would have been reading some of the posts in it. Since I already explained my eligibility, TWICE, you are obviously just saying things you want to say.

Get some rest and come back when you are refreshed and try again. Maybe your next thread will have a slightly more intelligent and less hostile tone. Obviously this one is dead already.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by hhensley84
As I said, I don't feel I deserve anything, and the only reason their giving a bloomin' onion is because its their most popular item. Also, go to an Outback, they have a Red, White and Blue menu that anything you order, proceeds go to the wounded warriors foundation!

Thanks for posting that info. Can you tell us what that menu consists of?

[edit on 10-3-2010 by Donny 4 million]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

Well it looks like you sure are interested in talking to yourself and or hounding me because you do not have an ounce of respect for anyone, let alone a American Fighting person.
All I can say is go get your onion. You have earned it.
I will throw in a banana for your main course.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Well it looks like you sure are interested in talking to yourself and or hounding me because you do not have an ounce of respect for anyone, let alone a American Fighting person.
All I can say is go get your onion. You have earned it.
I will throw in a banana for your main course.

I am not sure that I have read anything on here making less sense lately. When did I disrespect anyone, let alone a vet?

Your banana remark is either some secret dig I am unaware of or you are ranting about something you have no clue about.

You have never been to Outback and have no clue what a Bloomin Onion even is. This must be why you are so upset. You started ranting about something you thought you knew about and now you look kind of silly.

Tell me again why I am not entitled to my opinion, please?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

I know, I am really sorry. I fixed it as it occurred to me that I was talking to donny and used his name. I was typing fast and I apologize. It is fixed now and I hope everyone reading it was smart enough to know I messed up.

Aw it's okay man, I was just splitting hairs.
No harm done. I was just playing around.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

I know, I am really sorry. I fixed it as it occurred to me that I was talking to donny and used his name. I was typing fast and I apologize. It is fixed now and I hope everyone reading it was smart enough to know I messed up.

Aw it's okay man, I was just splitting hairs.
No harm done. I was just playing around.

No, I think it was a worthwhile thing to point out. Given the two very different stands between the two of you, it was bad bad bad to mix you two up. I would have probably pointed it out myself.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

No worries man (just remember that my name has two 'T's' in it, with one 'T', it's something you step down on.)
I still have no idea what Donny is saying though.
Now me, I'm not a vet, I'm not the military type (I'm a health care student), but I do go to school with a bunch of vets and in my opinion, they deserve free onions.
Like you said, it's a nice gesture to offer them at least a little token of appreciation and it's better than no recognition at all.
And yeah...who the hell is Knewt?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

No worries man (just remember that my name has two 'T's' in it, with one 'T', it's something you step down on.)

LOL. I hear ya. My brother's name is Mathew with one T so maybe it was habit but my real last name has two T's in it as well and although it makes perfect sense to me, I always have to tell people that. I totally understand your pain so I apologize again for spelling it wrong.

I still have no idea what Donny is saying though.
Now me, I'm not a vet, I'm not the military type (I'm a health care student), but I do go to school with a bunch of vets and in my opinion, they deserve free onions.

Well I am starting to think that Donny has no clue what we are actually talking about. When someone pointed out the RWB menu, he asked what was on it. He has only referred to this simply as an onion and offered me a banana. It comes across to me that he might actually think this restaurant is actually offering vets an onion; just an onion. He seems like he thinks that vets get a nice fresh green onion, FREE. Of course this is just how I am reading him, I am sure he will correct me.

Like you said, it's a nice gesture to offer them at least a little token of appreciation and it's better than no recognition at all.
And yeah...who the hell is Knewt?

LOL. I know, right? My first name is not exactly something I brag about on ATS but it has been stated and it is not Knewt by any stretch so I would kind of like to understand that as well. Is it some military insult maybe we do not know of? Who knows. It just seems to me that he is saying that it was better when they offered nothing and I would love to understand that logic.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The menu has many things from appatizers, including the bloomin onion to entrees like steaks and lobster. And as a firefighter I more than respect what veterans do, have many great friends who are vets. Just don't join up to get free stuff, do it to serve your country and if you get a pat on the back (ie free food) don't gripe, say thank you and eat it! They don't owe it to you, they do it to thank you.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Y'know...I had that thought as well.
'Welcome back from putting your life on the line...here's a nice, fresh, raw onion. You have to peel and cook it yourself, but f**k it...here you go!'
And, much like yourself, last night I was wondering if he was just drunk posting, but the mods sanctioned him before I had a chance to respond.
I don't see what the big deal here is, a free delicious onion, is a free delicious onion. And, I'm guessing, that when any establishment decides to give anything away for free, they lose money, so I'm assuming that restaurant chain really has nothing to gain other than showing a bit of appreciation for the men and women who served our country.
You made some good points and held your ground. Totally friended you.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join