It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Out Back Steakhouse is offering a free onion to War Vets WTF

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donny 4 million

Originally posted by KANDINSKI
Well they could have not bothered giving them anything,I think the offer is a nice gesture on behalf of the steakhouse.

Would you be willing to go there and help the folks with no arm to eat their freekin onion?

No, you are right. No veterans should get an onion because some do not have arms. That makes sense.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

You're a vegan and from NY?!
Huh...small world.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

Sorry OP, TXRabbit and I are exchanging recipes.

I think I will be trying that my first barbie this year. I have a deep fryer I use outside.

Thanks for the recipe.

To keep this on subject, yes, the lengths places will go to push their products does get sad some times.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson

Would you be willing to go there and help the folks with no arm to eat their freekin onion?

No, you are right. No veterans should get an onion because some do not have arms. That makes sense.

Actually he said 'arm', singular.
There's still one onion-eatin' arm left (or right...whatever).

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Well they could have not bothered giving them anything,I think the offer is a nice gesture on behalf of the steakhouse.

What you are saying is quite usless drivel.
The question remains un answered.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matthew Dark
reply to post by K J Gunderson

You're a vegan and from NY?!
Huh...small world.

LOL, sorry. Maybe I miss-typed. I am not a vegan and that is why I cannot tell you for sure. I am an omnivore at the worst level. You are right thought. I know 3 vegans and they are all people that moved out of NY in their 20s. We don't go for that hippy crap in WNY! Just kidding. I could never take the time to research every food I eat enough to be vegan. I am too lazy and like meat too much. No disrespect intended. My hat is off to anyone that can put that much effort into know so much about the food they eat. I am sure it does your body better than my lust for chicken wings does mine.

Some of the recipes being offered sound pretty good too. I just cannot get my onion to really hold onto the batter no matter what I do.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Actually he said 'arm', singular.
There's still one onion-eatin' arm left (or right...whatever).

LOL. Good call. I guess I projected plural on it because my mind wanted it to make sense. I guess he did not think that through as you are correct in that it only takes one arm to eat a fried onion. Thanks for the correction.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

What you are saying is quite usless drivel.
The question remains un answered.

Funny, I thought the same thing about what you had said. Opinions are cute in that way aren't they?

Actually donny, Mathew Dark answered your question in pointing out that they do not need any help since they still have one arm left.

Not sure if you know any people with only one arm but they generally consider it quite patronizing to offer them help in eating.

edit to add correct name, sorry mathew dark

[edit on 9-3-2010 by K J Gunderson]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

"To keep this on subject, yes, the lengths places will go to push their products does get sad some times."

That's the point endie

I am hopeful that this sinks into some of the groggy gray matter that has replied.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
You sir are what we call an ungrateful pos! I'm a firefighter, put my life on the line daily too...do we get a free bloomin onion? No! Do we deserve one? Imho no! Did u serve overseas? If you've ever been in harms way, a simple thank you should suffice, this is an added bonus! Be thankful, thank them and learn modesty for the love of god!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Actually donny answered your question in pointing out that they do not need any help since they still have one arm left.

Actually...Matthew pointed that out...not Donny.
Don't confuse us...I'm quirky, dark, funny and downright dashing.
He's...well...I don't know exactly what he is.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Actually donny answered your question in pointing out that they do not need any help since they still have one arm left.

Dashing for your cheap free onion?

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by hhensley84
You sir are what we call an ungrateful pos! I'm a firefighter, put my life on the line daily too...do we get a free bloomin onion? No! Do we deserve one? Imho no! Did u serve overseas? If you've ever been in harms way, a simple thank you should suffice, this is an added bonus! Be thankful, thank them and learn modesty for the love of god!

Are you just talking to yourself in a sleepwalk mode?

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

I'm gonna go ahead and just say that's funny, even though I have no idea what you just said.
Take it easy man, I wasn't saying anything other than I don't know a darn thing about you.
So, that's basically two jabs you took at me, unprovoked.
I guess I might take it personally...y'know...if I actually cared what you thought of me.
Which...I don't.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Can anyone here in this pant load of poorly digested onions supply a quote to back it up?

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I'm gonna go ahead and just say that's funny, even though I have no idea what you just said.
Take it easy man, I wasn't saying anything other than I don't know a darn thing about you.
So, that's basically two jabs you took at me, unprovoked.
I guess I might take it personally...y'know...if I actually cared what you thought of me.
Which...I don't.

Well then it would be much easier to just stop yakin about it. Would it not?
Remember free onions if you qualify. Do you?

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Not sure what u mean by sleeptalking, I'm just saying as a veteran learn some modesty. If someone says thank you, say your welcome not "you mean u don't have anything else to give me?" Just comes across bad man, really.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

I know, I am really sorry. I fixed it as it occurred to me that I was talking to donny and used his name. I was typing fast and I apologize. It is fixed now and I hope everyone reading it was smart enough to know I messed up.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

I think this kind of explains the reason for this thread right here.

Cheap and free huh? Your sense of logic is really intriguing to me.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by hhensley84
Not sure what u mean by sleeptalking, I'm just saying as a veteran learn some modesty. If someone says thank you, say your welcome not "you mean u don't have anything else to give me?" Just comes across bad man, really.

Did you ever think that they have convinced you that you are only worth an onion.
I think that you and even the jolly ranchers that have swarmed here because they read "free food "deserve better than a freekin onion just for their ability to breath.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join