It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Population Balance

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I just saw an ad on Faux News that I had to write this thread on.

Okay, I guess the move to demonize the US has begun in earnest.

You damn Americans are destroying the world with your attitude.

Here is their site-World Population Balance

Now a couple snippets from the site.

World Population Balance focuses on education of the environmental consequences of United States and world overpopulation, the need to halt exponential population growth, and the need to achieve a stable, sustainable population.

Current global population of over 6.8 billion is already two to three times higher than the sustainable level. Several recent studies show that Earth’s resources are enough to sustain only about 2 billion people at a European standard of living. An average European consumes far more resources than any of the poorest two billion people in the world. However, Europeans use only about half the resources of Americans, on average.

See, you Americans are killing the Earth!

Our Vision

We envision a world where no one suffers in dire poverty and misery for lack of enough food, water, and other basic needs. We see a world where all species thrive and where lower consumption and population are in balance with Earth’s finite resources.

Our Mission

We alert, inform and educate that overpopulation is a root cause of resource depletion, species extinction, and rising poverty. To avoid even more misery, catastrophe, and death, we advocate and support a smaller, truly sustainable population.

So I guess the reduction of the world population has become mainstream.

I guess somehow we are going to have to decrease the population of the world to 2 billion according to this site.

I am wondering when that number will be reduced to 500 million.

Alright, cuss and discuss.

I am going to take the side on this thread as the proponent of this. It is not my position, so do not attack me like it is my position. Argue the merits of depopulating the Earth to these levels.

First off, how to get it done. I think wars, famine, disease and such have not done enough. So, I think further steps must be taken.

Forced Sterilization could be one avenue.
World war could also be used.
Destroying the ability for countries to sustain their populations by providing agriculture could be another.
Destroying the economic system could be another avenue, which would lead to many solutions.

C'mon people, give me a hand. We need to rid the world of 4+ billion people to keep the world healthy. Do not argue the morals of it, the world must be saved.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I have been a proponent of the reduction of world population since the 7th grade when I said we should dispose of any person over 60 who is retired by enlisting them in the military for the rest of their lives which won't be long.

Looking back on what I said in 7th grade I can see I was probably a little naive, probably a little arrogant, probably a little crazy, and probably a little right.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Wang Tang

Well since I am being the proponent in this argument, I guess I will have to add that one to the list of possible population reduction components.

Forced conscription into the military for older people.

Thanks for the comment.

The way you laid out your last sentence made me laugh, so star for you.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Keep going with the health care mess the way it is. People will be dying in the streets because they don't have any health insurance and are too poor to afford anything but over the counter meds. Put a nasty, but short-lived pandemic out there, some sort of superflu like what Stephen King wrote about in "The Stand". FEMA already has the cheap plastic coffins to bury them in stacked around the country.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by warpcrafter

Good one, a pandemic created by TPTB and institute a health care system that could not handle the situation or continue the problems with our current system.

Alright people, keep the ideas flowing.

We must kill off 4+ billion people that are destroying the planet.

Earth save the earth!

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Forced conscription into the military for older people.
Giving seniors machine guns?

Okay but the end result will be a sharp reduction in people who listen to rap and hip hop loud enough to be picked up on old folks hearing aids

quicker route is simply turn off the power for six months... all those people who don't know how to cook for themselves will starve long before the lights come on again

[edit on 9-3-2010 by DaddyBare]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
The truth is, right now we are in the middle of a "Globalization" transition.

Behind the scenes, the world bankers are distributing wealth from the US and other "developed" countries, to "undeveloped" countries.

I think that by 2015, the wealth will be a lot closer to being evenly distributed amongst the world.....

So, resources are to be shared amongst the world's population. The US economy is NOT recovering - The wealth is simply being sent overseas (links can be provided if requested).

As for the population, I agree the wars and famine isn't working fast or well enough. It seems those in power are still hoping for an epidemic that actually works......

But really, the most ethical way to work on the population is education and birth control being available to all. THEN, limits on how many offspring one may have. This is ethical, and I agree 100% with limits, birth control for all, and even permanent sterilization.

This is a LOT more ethical than killing us all off with bombs and terrible man-made viruses.

I know the UN is working on making birth control and education available to the world - At the expense of the "developed" countries... And I agree with it. I agree with the "globalization" to a point - I just hope that they are going about it ethically. With respect for human life.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
This thread caught my eye from an experience I had yesterday while putting a new floor in this elderly ladies home. She was talking about the way the economy is, then 911 and how the government knew about it.

Then she started telling me about how her grandfather served in WW11 and was up in rank (she didn't say how high) in the military at the time. She said that he used to tell everyone that he had read official government papers that had to do with the governments plan of population control.

She said that the government helps de-populate through wars, events like 911 and Oklahoma City. She also said that they wrote the plan in the early 1900's.

I don't know if it's all the truth, but it shocked me to hear her say this stuff after reading all the threads on ATS about it since last summer.

ON TOPIC:
If you were wanting to de-populate the Earth, IMO one of the best ways would be to poison the food and water supplies. Every living thing needs both.

OP, thanks for this thread. It's something that could possibly really happen, and according to the lady yesterday, has been happening for decades....

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Oooh, the power outage idea never occurred to me. That one would take care of those evil countries that are the main problem according to this site I linked.

Chaos caused by throwing the first world countries back a century.

That could be blamed on hackers from another country destroying the power grid and rolled into a world war.

You definitely get a star for that idea.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

Hey, I did not want to go into the ethics of it. We have to save the earth.

These evil countries like the US and Europe have to be stopped from destroying the earth.

Just because the bombs and killing make you squeamish does not mean it does not have to be done.

The sooner the better.

As for control afterwards, I am sure you and me will have nothing to worry about. We will not be around. We think too much.

Thanks for the comment.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Oh and I heard that if all of Antarctica melts then about 1 billion people that live on the coastal regions of the world will be displaced/killed... so just keep going with global warming and we will have some depopulation... and who knows what kind of natural disasters the melting of Antarctica will bring when it alters the ocean's jet streams and brings about massive climate change in the world.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Anyone ever see Logan's Run? It was a 1970's movie with Michael York and Farrah Fawcett where once you reached, I think it was around 30, your little red life flower in your hand turned black (your clock ran out) and you went to "carousel" to be floated around a bit then shot and killed for the audience. Of course we also have Soylent Green, mmm mmm good, it's people ;-)

It's actually kind of funny, since China and India have the most extreme population growth along with Africa in general. Seems to me their houses need to put in order first. Of course that might help first world nations as well in their economies since WE'D GET ALL THOSE (insert expletive here) JOBS BACK!

Cheers - Dave

[edit on 3/9.2010 by bobs_uruncle]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

Poisoning the water, food or air. Excellent suggestions. I think if we could develop compounds that do not directly kill the people would be an idea.

What I am saying is that if you have a collection of compounds that individually would not harm you, but the collection would kill you off would be a good plan.

This way the people you wanted to survive would just not take one of the final components.

That is one I have postulated before.

As for the older women, she was just crazy. There are no plans to depopulate the earth. This site I linked is just my imagination. /s

Thanks for your comment.

[edit on 3/9/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Many of the bombs and weapons being used are causing PERMANENT damage to the earth/ecosystem.

Depleted Uranium stays radioactive for ..... Well, too many years for me to even comprehend, honestly.
If one cares at all about the environment, they would consider weapons that did not cause permanent damage.

We want to save the earth, not destroy it. Nothing about being squeamish. There has to be a better way.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

The lady could have been crazy, or had an imagination like you, or maybe there might be something to what she said. It's anyone's guess...

Maybe your imagination picked up on something that is real.....lol

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I am all for sterilization to keep the population in control. I think violent offenders should be sterilized because what if it is genetic and they pass that gene on to their seed? Than their seed would be a violent offender. Also, those people that have 6 kids with 6 women need to be sterilized. Where I am from there are A LOT of men that have numerous children with numerous women and these guys don't even pay child support. Another good candidate for sterilization are people that are physically and/or psychologically unable to support or raise children. It's mean but mentally challenged people should not be able to reproduce, that would mean more mentally challenged people. Before I get blasted for the last comment let me just tell everyone that I am a father of a child with autism.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Wealth is moved over seas when it grows faster there, and when the investor knows both where and why to invest.

But the single most destructive activity going on now is not wealth going over-seas but Commodity Speculation.
It would be useful IF REAL oil, rice, and other real stuff like-cement were bought cheap, STORED then sold to Consumers.
After all the effect of commodity trading should be to HELP combat both dfe-flation and inflation (both of which are bad things), whilst the speculator makes money on others panic (serves them right for panicking).

As it is no real products are ever set aside for when the real world economy might need them most. Instead the fact something (that had to be produced-purchased anyway) has or (certainly) will be produced is what's bought and sold. The advantage for the traders is that because what they do isn't useful to our real world economy (by providing a fluctuating reserve of goods) they don't have to pay the extra costs on their brokers, "trade commisions" and that's why "futures" need to be Reformed-Restricted most.

[edit on 090705 by Liberal1984]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Speaking as someone who has successfully killed, skinned and cooked several small animals with nothing more than a simple wooden bow, a good quality knife, some sticks and a bottle of BBQ sauce, I welcome the spectacle of watching a bunch of hapless suburbanites trying to rough it.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

I agree with most of your points. People should seriously be sterilized after ONE kid. Whether they are special needs or not.

Equality would be awesome. And living people would have a MUCH higher quality of life, without being in a hurry to overload us with their offspring.

One thing that pisses me off, is American citizens stopped reproducing enough to replace themselves. So what does the government do??
--Starts PAYING foreigners to come over here and be breeding machines--

America was not a contributer to overpopulation til government started importing the world's poor for the purpose of breeding.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
No, over population myths are being perpetuated and regurgitated left, right and center by people who support the idea but when it comes down to it would rather it was "some other guy" rather than themselves that bit the bullet. If we like to continue this cycle of tribal hoarding and creating a massive rift of the haves and have-nots then depopulation is the only viable solution. If we somehow acquire the will and moral backbone to use the great technologies we are privileged to have in the 21st century en mass. A bountiful and happy future could be created with a world population that could even increase in size but with everyone having a fair share of the resource pie. The population would naturally decrease over time though i imagine rather than increase.

[edit on 9-3-2010 by Solomons]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join