It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breast Milk Cheese has big demand

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
O.K. "many customers too squeamish" to try human breast cheese but after the chef blogged on it he got demands for orders....

www.nypost.com...

Chef Daniel Angerer is letting diners at Klee Brasserie munch on cheese made from his wife's breast milk.

After inquiries from The Post, health bigs said yesterday that even though department codes do not explicitly forbid the practice, they have advised Angerer to refrain from sharing his wife's milk with the world.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I saw this on CNN earlier.

Wondered if anyone would post it.

You did

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by drew hempel

Here there is a law that all milk sold has to be pasteurized...
human cow goat doesn't mater if it doest meet code it cant be sold...

of course that doesn't mean you cant give it away just cant charge for it

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Well I guess it's hard to make cheese out of breast milk so some cow milk has to be added.

Those Kraft cheese singles are fake breasts btw:

www.familyfarmdefenders.org...

But around the world, the dried leftovers of dairy processing are often mixed together and generically called MPC, in order to exploit a loophole in U.S. trade rules that allows it to be imported with lower tariffs.

When it comes to cheese, technically, no one is allowed to use MPC. The FDA has "standards of identity" for most cheeses, including Pasteurized Processed Cheese Food (like Kraft Singles). MPC is not an approved ingredient under FDA's standards of identity. Yet the agency has looked the other way as imports of MPC skyrocketed. In 2000 alone, dairy processors like Kraft imported 52,000 metric tons of MPC - that's the equivalent of 4.6 billion pounds of milk!

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Couldn't 'they' have stopped at the bra..?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3435c213ca6d.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Gross. I don't think that I could stomach cheese made from a woman's breast milk.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Wow amazing.

I am sure many would be repulsed by this but eat plastic cheese.

Personally I would prefer this to cow’s cheese it’s more natural, and has fewer risks as far as food poisoning etc.

I bet he is going to charge a lot for it, a real speciality.

I wonder how and who extracts it lol?

Mechanical pump like in "Meet the Fockers"? or by hand. I am sure the husband does not mind.

A real trend could start with this. Factories of thousands of Chinese workers milking themselves, as the order books for consumables are gone.

Anyhow when I first went to college I did some part time work in Kitchens etc, and met an amazing French Chef who had worked at Claridges and also as head chef in the French admiralty.

You think Gordon Ramsey is a nutter, you have no idea lol. Anyhow in conversations one day asked him about the most unusual food he knew about, expecting it to be a fried insect or bug.... but he let me into the long, prized and strange history of :

Ambergris

Sounds ok eh?

This stuff was very very popular from the 1600's on in all the courts of Europe, and had real prestige. It was and maybe still more expensive per oz than gold.

Guessed yet what it was/is?

Whale Vomit!

Yep really, how gross is that?

Ambergris is usually passed in the fecal matter. Ambergris that forms a mass too large to exit via the anus is expelled via the mouth, leading to the reputation of ambergris as primarily coming from whale vomit.[1]

Ambergris can be found in the Atlantic Ocean; on the coasts of Brazil and Madagascar; and on the coast of Africa, of the East Indies, The Maldives, China, Japan, India, Australia, New Zealand and the Molucca islands. Most commercially collected ambergris comes from the Bahama Islands and Providence Island in the Caribbean.

When initially expelled by or removed from the whale, the fatty precursor of ambergris is pale white in color (sometimes streaked with black), soft, with a strong fecal smell.

Following months to years of photo-degradation and oxidation in the ocean, this precursor gradually hardens, developing a dark gray or black color, a crusty and waxy texture, and a peculiar odor that is at once sweet, earthy, marine, and animalic.

Ambergris

In all that is good in kitchen etiquette, with the gods of gourmet watching humans, just how, just how did this become popular.

When told about it I could not understand the first person to try it, a pirate maybe or drunk sailor seeing a Sperm Whale Vomit or Expell it's Bowels and thinking:

mmmm That smells like #, I think I will try and scoop some up and eat it

Well the hundredth Monkey effect happened and it was the dish of choice for the wealthy for hundreds of years in pre Victorian high society in Europe.

Hope some learnt something from this titbit of strange food info, on culture, food and history.

Kind Regards,

Elf

[edit on 9-3-2010 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by drew hempel

"many customers too squeamish"

A lot of food is rather squick if you think about it.

* Fruit? Plant ovaries.
* Eggs? Unfertilized chicken embryos.
* Sausage? Ground up animal muscle wrapped in a thin layer of intestine.
* Cheese? Milk that has been allowed to mold.
* Bread? Wheat that has been deliberately infested with microorganisms which are then heated until they explode.
* Beer? Also infested wheat, but instead of heating them to death, they're allowed to spread and it's their excrement that gives you a buzz.
* Ever noticed the warning label on yogurt that says "this product conatins live cultures? You may as well be eating from a petri dish.

human breast cheese

Human breast milk is something probably most of us have had, and you could argue that we're biolopgically designed to eat it. I don't really see why letting it mold and eating it is any more gross than taking cow milk and letting that mold and eat it.

That said...I'm sure it would be an interesting experience to sit down at a table with a woman and eat cheese made from her milk.

[edit on 9-3-2010 by LordBucket]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

O.K. this better be on Andrew Zimmern's show -- he said the shark meat sandwich was in his top 10 list of all time favorite food.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Strange that we find it weird and disgusting to drink or eat products made from our own species milk yet normal and tasty to drink anothers.

[edit on 9-3-2010 by Solomons]

top topics

join