It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here goes...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
[edit on 10-3-2010 by AdAbsurdum]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AdAbsurdum

Welcome friend, I am also a veteran, medically discharged in 1995 as it happens and you are in good company to be sure. I look forward to reading your posts and threads and I do not think you should feel nervous about posting your first threads; this place is friendlier than it might look and we are all here for very similar reasons.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Welcome AdAbsurdum!

I like your nick.

Enjoy your stay & see you around.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Weclome to ATS,
Im happy to have you here with us,

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Welcome. Thank you for the service. I can only guess as to view of life right now. I agree about the country though. So enjoy, there are a lot of bright people on here, just make up your own mind about things.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Foremost, Thank You for your service!!!

Welcome to ATS, your first 20 will fly by, I had mine done within an hour I think, just hang out on the recent posts page, and randomly refresh, like a thread smorgasbord.

Look forward to seeing you in the threads.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
WOW

That's some welcome wagon. I don't normally get thanked for my service, I am a little taken aback. Thank you.

It is good to know there are other vets here. That does make me feel a little better knowing you guys post here and aren't being rounded up or anything, hehe.

My view on life now? Pretty disillusioned. I worked for NORAD and AFSPC for the first half of my short career, and from what that led me to I know live with an 80% disability rating and PTSD.

Thanks for rolling out the welcome mat!

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Welcome, I also look forward to your posts and threads, thank you for your service to our Country which I believe is still the greatest on earth.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Cant wait to read your thread. Hopefully you get your 20 posts quick.

Welcome To ATS!

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Well, at least I'll have one reader.

Please excuse my blatant post stacking.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Thank you deeply, for your service and sacrifice, AdAbsurdum. Welcome to the fray! This site is wonderful in its eclectic strata of people. It's wonderful for other reasons, which I'm sure you've seen.

You have a thick skin, I imagine. I have to work at not taking smears against the military personally. It's a process

I'd like to read your story when you are ready to share it with us.

U2U me if you have any procedural questions about the site, and I'll point you toward the same people that helped me out.

cheers!

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Hehe, trying out the buttons now.

Thank you for the welcome. I have a thick skin, yes. You need when you are as irritating as I am.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS from another vet (Gulf War I era).

Don't worry about The Powers That Be (TPTB) monitoring you, you'll get used to it. That Flowers By Irene truck that just parked in front of your house really does deliver flowers.

I looked them up, see they're a real company:

Flowers By Irene
932 Pennsylvania Ave SE
Washington, DC 20003 Map
(202) 324-1846
Visit Web Site

Yellowpages.com

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Theres a fair few vets around here actually.

And theres nothing wrong with joining a forum that seeks the truth, however exciting, painful or boring it may be.

The world is cloaked in illusion, greed and disinfo in ways that have never even been possible before so we need avenues such as these to try to catch out unusual things in the news, or anything else that takes our fancy.

It's no different than a curiosity in any other subject matter just that the subject matters covered here can be slightly taboo. Why is that and who wants it that way?

The more 'regular curious' folk that join, the better.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Right on, brother. It looks I'll be finding a place here after all!

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by T0by

I would argue that because of the tools available to the people today, their hold is tenuous, at best.

Thank you for the welcome!

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Welcome aboard...

For your Safety Please keep all arms, limbs and vital organs in the tram while we are moving. We are not responsible for any lost or stolen personal items. Taking pictures of the indigenous wild life is permitted within the designated areas ONLY!

Upon request ATS will provide the necessary debriefing and deprogramming protocols after each session. It is highly recommended to participate in all applicable threads of your interests. Also there are exclusive ATS Tinfoil hats for members only available in the lobby for just $5.00.

PEACE

Slay

P.S.
Let the cat out before you turn in for the night and there is beer and cold left over pizza in the frig.

[edit on 9-3-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Nice profile Slay!

So is this also a tin-hatter's social networking site?

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Also there is a U2U a private member to member message function it's the red thing that says U2U on the ATS toolbar. I will send you a message. You wont be able to write one until after 20 posts I think.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Right on, brother!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join