It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Government cars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
We've been hearing all about the Japanees car company Toyota having acceleration issues.

But lets look at GM for a moment.

media.gm.com...

1100 people have lost power steering 14 people have crashed and one injured. Unfortunately most news stations only covered this story for a few minutes and moved on.

This is outragious, that these people injured because of the government run car company are not being recognized. This is the gub ment protecting their interests.

This is why we must not let them run anything as important as health care.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
The US Media is trashing Toyota and playing down US car problems because recently Toyota has been trouncing the US Auto Companies, and we have trade agreements with them, so we cant just tarriff them to make our cars competetive. Sooo, we trash their brand and make it absolutely frightening to get behing the wheel of those rice driven murder machines. If you'll notice before this is all through US auto sales will rise dramatically.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Loss of power steering does not mean loss of steering, it just makes it more difficult at slow speeds.

If I understand your point, TPTB own Chevrolet, so they squash the big story.

I don't know if this is the best or even easiest example to use, but I agree, there won't be many malpractice suits.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Dogdish

Have you ever driven a power assisted car with no power steering?

It is not the same as the old manual steering.

When you lose power steering it is VERY hard to turn the wheels at slower speeds. The faster you are going it does become better due to the assist from the momentum of the wheel itself though.

But yes, uncontrolled acceleration is worse.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by oppaperclip

You are new, so I will take it easy on you. The attempt to draw parallels between the Government takeover of GM as a reason that Government can't run Healthcare is asinine.

Do you like our Military? Thank the Dept. of Defense.
Do you drive on Interstate Highways? Thank the Dept. of Transportation.
Do you know why our public air travel is so safe? Thank the FAA.

While none of these Federal agencies are perfect, they do a pretty admirable job.

Besides, any inherent Design or Engineering flaws which resulted in the recall in your OP had NOTHING to do with Government involvement.

Nonetheless, welcome. You can learn much here.

Regards...kk

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
reply to post by oppaperclip

Do you like our Military? Thank the Dept. of Defense.
Do you drive on Interstate Highways? Thank the Dept. of Transportation.
Do you know why our public air travel is so safe? Thank the FAA.

By the government taking owner ship of the car industry, except Ford, even making managerial decisions makes them responsible for their product.

Do I like the military? No I'm a 7 year veteran and I was in Iraq for 3 years. I know exactly how screwed up the military is and I don't support them, in their current illegal actions.

Do you drive on Interstate Highways? Thank the Dept. of Transportation
Sorry friend but if you like driving on higways you should thank HItler. See he developed the Autobahn and we took the idea from him. I try to give credit were credit is due.

Do I know why our public airways are so safe? Thank the FAA.
Well in lieu of all the recent small plane crashes I'll assume you mean the big boys. I really don't think the TSA is doing a bang up job as the underwear bomber was allowed on recently. Not to mention our gub ment knew this guy was sore at us thanks to his dad. Plus I have had a plane break part of its vertical stablizer due to lack of maint. Safe I hardly think so.

But on point once again, governemnt run things function at the governments whims. The post office is a tragic mess...Thank you government. Medicare and medicaide are screwed up...thank you government. How about social security? I like them dipping thier dirty little mitts in their to use the funds for reasons not intended. Thank you government. How about the bang up job the DEA is doing here and abroad? How about keeping our border secure?

Our government is highlt inept. Government agencies that may not be inept arre made so by the leadership of our illustrious government.

I ask again do you really want these people that make these decision to run health care? Also they must be held accountable for what their companies do, such as make a product that is hurting Americans.

top topics

join