It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beam of Light From Mayan Kukulkan Temple & UFO

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jpvskyfreak

Ok I saw this on AOL yesterday and there was an explaination for the artifact right in the article that accompanied the picture. Why would you post an obvious anomoly and call it anything but,especially since the article was all about the aftifact.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ucalien

There were a series of photos taken with a camera phone and the only one that had this artifact was the one with the lightning in the background. Something to do with over stimulated pixels or something. (I am not a techy so I am only posting what my poor brain can remember from the article I read on AOL just yesterday. ) If someone is claiming this as anything else then they are lying. It was taken by a family on vacation in the Yukatan.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by quelmarth
Since this is the 1st post of this subject i'll duplicate what i've posted in the other one:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Some expert (Jonathon Hill, a research technician and mission planner at the Mars Space Flight Facility at Arizona State University) said that it was not photoshoped but had something to do with the lens and movement...

www.lifeslittlemysteries.com...

It is no mere coincidence, Hill said, that "of the three images, the 'light beam' only occurs in the image with a lightning bolt in the background. The intensity of the lightning flash likely caused the camera's CCD sensor to behave in an unusual way, either causing an entire column of pixels to offset their values or causing an internal reflection [off the] camera lens that was recorded by the sensor." In either case, extra brightness would have been added to the pixels in that column in addition to the light hitting them directly from the scene. [7 Things that Cause UFO Sightings] Evidence in favor of this explanation is the fact that the beam, when isolated in Photoshop or other image analysis software, runs perfectly vertical in the image. "That's a little suspicious since it's very unlikely that the gentleman who took this picture would have his handheld iPhone camera positioned exactly parallel to the 'light beam' down to the pixel level," Hill told Life's Little Mysteries. It's more likely that the "light beam" corresponds to a set of columns of pixels in the camera sensor that are electronically connected to each other, but not to other columns in the sensor, and that this set of connected pixels became oversaturated in the manner described above.

Yep thats what I saw on AOL yesterday. I knew if would show up here though. That was my great ATS prediction as soon as I saw the article.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Jumpei

Was not a photoshop job but a result of the lightning in the background during the shooting of the pic. But correct its nothing mystical that is for certain.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by Jumpei

Was not a photoshop job but a result of the lightning in the background during the shooting of the pic. But correct its nothing mystical that is for certain.

Regardless of what one sees or hears, the facts are there are more than this one photo with the one I included the link to being 12 years old and I didn't post links to the other photos which can be found on Google Images. I don't particularly endorse the claims but I don't think that lighting is the ultimate answer.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Inspired by the Luxor hotel / cassino in Las Vegas??

top topics

<< 1   >>

join