It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Irish police foil muslim plot to kill Swedish cartoonist

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Irish police foil muslim plot to kill Swedish cartoonist

www.thelocal.se

Seven Muslims were arrested by Irish police on Tuesday on suspicions of conspiracy to murder a Swedish cartoonist who drew the prophet Muhammad with the body of a dog.The four men and three women were arrested in the southern Irish towns of Cork and Waterford following an international operation.

A police source confirmed press reports that they were Muslims arrested over an alleged plot to assassinate Swedish cartoonist Lars Vilks, who has a $100,000 bounty on his head from an Al-Qaeda-linked
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
When they came here we listened to their crying stories...we took care of them...we gave them money and food...we gave them their own apartment...we gave them social welfare and sickcare...we gave them a good and peaceful country to start over in...and we said welcome to our country...

And this is how you say thank you...
Maby we just should send you back...

www.thelocal.se

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by OddTimeSignature

How I sympathise with the sentiments you have just expressed.

But be warned, PC Brigade will be out to get you now with their ridiculous accusations of racism etc.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by OddTimeSignature

When they came here we listened to their crying stories...we took care of them...we gave them money and food...we gave them their own apartment...we gave them social welfare and sickcare...we gave them a good and peaceful country to start over in...and we said welcome to our country...

www.thelocal.se

Second thread you have started today with these exZct same sentiments.

What a load of prejudiced garbage.

We gave who money and food? We gave who an apartment? We gave who welfare and sickcare?

It seems that in your mind, all muslims are in america, and all are terrorists.

Perhaps we should send YOU back

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Not so much. They avoid threads where the facts are against them from the outset. It exposes the propagandists and they prefer to stay hidden in the shadows.

Good news they were caught before they committed yet another atrocity.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

In 2007 a group linked to al-Qaeda in Iraq offered a $100,000 reward for killing Mr Vilks, and a 50% bonus if he was "slaughtered like a lamb" by having his throat cut.

These people value the ideology of a book about a god that may or may not exist (which was written by a man) and then wish to slaughter another man like an animal because of something printed in another form.

For money...

So why would Allah need to provide money, for humans to defend his immortal name from a comical depiction in a newspaper.

Surely if Allah exists then he wouldn't need a bunch of money grabbing murderers to defend himself from a Danish cartoon?

Pfft... The religion of peace strikes again eh?

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

You forgot to read the article. You may want to recant after you do.

I don't know about the other thread, but this one is pretty cut and dried. It's not about America though, so you can turn off your hate America button. It just malfunctioned.

[edit on 3/9/2010 by Blaine91555]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Keep in mind "Anti-semitic" also protects Arabs.

Arabs are semitic.

please no hypocrisy and double talk here.

[edit on 9-3-2010 by jjjtir]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

You forgot to read the article. You may want to recant after you do.

I don't know about the other thread, but this one is pretty cut and dried. It's not about America though, so you can turn off you hate America button. It just malfunctioned.

No, I read it. And no, I dont recant.

Blanket generalizations are always wrong. The OP has presented the information as though these are the type of things all muslims do.

i asked my questions to point out that these are not all muslims. These are a specific few.

The hate america button? Could you be any more cliche?

Way to try and call me out when you completely missed the point though. Well done.

Edit to add: My questions still stand.

[edit on 9-3-2010 by captaintyinknots]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Well of course not every muslim sympathise with those criminals...but many do...and this is a growing number in Sweden...and i´m really not an racist, everyone who need help and not is criminal and want to become swedish are welcome...

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

You did not type this? It was somebody else using your name?

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

I don't think many here have any problem at all to do with Muslims. I have Muslim friends in fact, including my new friend who just opened a business next door to my office. An Ethiopian Muslim I got to know a few months ago. Wonderful man. He even took his own family to task for treating me like and outsider when he was not around.

I don't like the way his customers treat their Wives. I watch it every day. That part is quite sad really. It's hard to watch.

The antagonists who troll through here always try to make it seem as though people are attacking all Muslims. Why? Because they hate us. What other reason could there be? If they get to know us and taste freedom for a while, they might come to like us. That is what the propagandists are trying to stop. If too many Muslims from countries that support Terrorism get to know us, they can't continue with the brainwashing of them to hate us. They have an agenda to keep us at each others throats. Reminds me of our Political Parties in fact. Same methods.

I have no animosity towards any Muslim, but I do have a real problem with those who rule them and brainwash them.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

You did not type this? It was somebody else using your name?

Pardon me. I should have said sweden.

And this is relevant to the point I made how?

Quit deflecting. Address the points made, or leave it alone. Dont try and drag me off topic.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

I don't think many here have any problem at all to do with Muslims. I have Muslim friends in fact, including my new friend who just opened a business next door to my office. An Ethiopian Muslim I got to know a few months ago. Wonderful man. He even took his own family to task for treating me like and outsider when he was not around.

I don't like the way his customers treat their Wives. I watch it every day. That part is quite sad really. It's hard to watch.

The antagonists who troll through here always try to make it seem as though people are attacking all Muslims. Why? Because they hate us. What other reason could there be? If they get to know us and taste freedom for a while, they might come to like us. That is what the propagandists are trying to stop. If too many Muslims from countries that support Terrorism get to know us, they can't continue with the brainwashing of them to hate us. They have an agenda to keep us at each others throats. Reminds me of our Political Parties in fact. Same methods.

I have no animosity towards any Muslim, but I do have a real problem with those who rule them and brainwash them.

Yes, calling out blatant prejudice is showing that I hate you.

however, starting threads that paint ALL muslims as fanatics is the epitome of tolerance.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

www.thelocal.se

We gave who money and food? We gave who an apartment? We gave who welfare and sickcare?

Please quote the OP where he is making blanket statements about muslims?

Also I'm assuming the OP is from Ireland where these Yemenese and Moroccans were arrested. Now I'm assuming that these people came from their countries to Ireland for whatever reason but as the OP stated they were welcomed with open arms and welcomed into a country where they could perhaps have a better quality of life than where they were born.

So they come over to a foreign country, given the exact same rights as every other member of the coutnry but they still were plotting terrorist acts.

Now I'm not a muslim hater, I have worked with many muslims and have found them all to be very tolerant and respectful but if you plot to kill any other human being you are not worthy of my respect.

Stop being an apologist trying to make yourself appear as a tolerant person and accept the fact that these people were arrested on the basis of evidence and not some sort of prejudice.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I came to post this due to the title, not any belief that the original poster is being racist in any way shape or form. I believe he is just rightly stating the facts, these people where offered so much by his nation yet this is how they attempt to repay them.

This comment is in response to the thread title, not the original posters sentiments. I do wish the media would stop using the term 'Muslim.' I am starting to feel genuinely sorry for members of that faith group.

Yes, these people are Muslim but the title used doesn't reflect, well atleast it should not be written in a way that makes the foolish among us feel reflects upon all Muslims. The Muslims I know personally are great, honourable people. Unfortunately the region in which the religion is most popular has had money thrown at the corrupt/evil/warlords from the Western world.

These groups where provided moneys in an attempt to combat communism getting a foothold in the region, that very same money allowed these warlords and evil people to produce organizations so vast that even the greatest army in the world cannot defeat them. The Americans will in my view lose the Afgan war, they simply are not the correct method of dispersing the influence and fear the terrorists hold over the populace.

The problem was created by us in the Western world, in my humblest opinion it'd be more true to label the Western world as tyrants more than generalize Muslims in such a way. We appoint our leaders which initiated this problem, where as many in the Muslim dominated world are governed by fear and intimidation. We had a choice and the ability to judge our governers, they did not and do not.

I'm not for a second saying we should label the Western world either, but in my eyes we had more influence over initiating the issues we face today. Not the Muslim faith movement as oft generalised.

Very idealistic of me, but perhaps if Muslims could again be treated as brothers they may have more people to turn to when they face this unimaginable intimidation and lack of reasoned guidance. Particularly the Muslims with our nations.

But, what is done... is done. Our ignorance toward a given faith serves no purpose other than to fan the flames which are raging.

Back to my happy life of relatively little concern I go. I'm through for now with attempting to comprehend to vastness of mankinds failings. Please Mr Little Green Man, come and show us how we came to be here! Perhaps we'll then be able to drop all religions and unite?

(My closing paragraph brings my to wonder if religous movements would attack any teachings a superior intelligence could offer even if they could prove our method of creation irrefutably? One problem to another with mankind)

[edit on 9-3-2010 by Sed Non Credo]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   

You lied sir. Anyone who disagrees with my statement should check the OP's profile to confirm that this is a lie.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mclarenmp4

www.thelocal.se

Please quote the OP where he is making blanket statements about muslims?

Also I'm assuming the OP is from Ireland where these Yemenese and Moroccans were arrested. Now I'm assuming that these people came from their countries to Ireland for whatever reason but as the OP stated they were welcomed with open arms and welcomed into a country where they could perhaps have a better quality of life than where they were born.

So they come over to a foreign country, given the exact same rights as every other member of the coutnry but they still were plotting terrorist acts.

Now I'm not a muslim hater, I have worked with many muslims and have found them all to be very tolerant and respectful but if you plot to kill any other human being you are not worthy of my respect.

Stop being an apologist trying to make yourself appear as a tolerant person and accept the fact that these people were arrested on the basis of evidence and not some sort of prejudice.

Ummm, the original title in which the OP presented this was:
The muslims are fu#king with our freedom of speech/writing

If that dont tell where the agenda here is, and where he is making blanket statements, well, then I am not sure what you want.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Happyfeet

You lied sir. Anyone who disagrees with my statement should check the OP's profile to confirm that this is a lie.

What did I lie about? If you mean that this is the second thread he has started with this, no, sir, I did not lie, and I do not in any way appreciate the accusation.

Here is a link to the first, which, you'll notice, was removed because it was a violation of the TOS. IT was entitled:The muslims are fu#king with our freedom of speech/writing
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Anyone who wants to confirm THIS can go to MY profile, where this thread was saved.

So, I'll be expecting your apology promptly.

[edit on 10-3-2010 by captaintyinknots]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Is this investigation tied in with this other thread, just curious, or are they instead seperate investigations of a similiar alleged crime? Thanks

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join