It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experiencing intermittent blurriness in one eye

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Hello everyone! Let me first start off with saying I am a 21 year old male. I'm not very physically active, but am at a healthy 125 pounds, 5'8".

I have been experiencing intermittent blurriness in my right eye for the past year or so. It happens seemingly randomly, no more than a few times at this point. I notice it first when I wake up and it lessens throughout the day and is gone the next morning.

I have had perfect vision for my entire life and do not wear contacts or glasses.

For the past couple weeks I have been having a very hard time waking up even after 10 hours of sleep. I drink every night (I'm 21!) though for the past week it's only been a few beers. I am kind of a health freak besides that, and eat mostly fresh foods that I prepare myself, though that has not been the case for the past couple weeks. Not sure if any of that's related.

Anyway, back to the eye issue...I have Googled it and there are many theories...ocular herpes, optic neuritis, and even early MS. I do not have health insurance so I wanted to see some people's ideas before I scrounge the money to get this checked.

Anything? :/

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Could be blood pressure, or ocular degeneration.

I have intermittent migraines called ophthalmic migraines that give me very bizarre visual effects, but that doesn't sound like what you have.

Go to a free clinic and get a physical. If they can't find anything, you might have to drop a couple hundred bucks for a blood test.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
An eye exam, sans insurance, is about $100-$125 in most places in the U.S.

(While I have insurance, my preferred place isn't on that company's plan, but I like the convenience and speed (i.e. if I need an exam and contacts THAT DAY, I can do that here, so pay the money).

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
For me it was the beginning of diabetis. Drinking lots of beer at night before bed could raise your blood sugar levels overnight.

I'd say watch the diet/exercise ratio. Probably best to have medical exam tho because you are young and shouldn't have diabetic issues. Also, if there something medical going on, you want to nip it in the bud and not have it affect the rest of your life.

top topics

join