It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War With North Korea?.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2003 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Are we going to go to war with North Korea? If so, why? If not, why? If we do, how soon?

Thank You,
Matt =)

posted on Mar, 2 2003 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I am afraid it is inevitable to go to war with North Korea, however, we are certainly not rushing into it... and when it starts, it won't be just with North Korea, as they are acting as a front for China..... If it jumps off, it will certainly get big very quickly....

posted on Mar, 3 2003 @ 08:20 AM
link   
USA, UN in the left corner

CHINA, ASIA, ARABIAN NATIONS, RUSSIA right corner

When? Most will join the game by august.

Start of the match, hopefully today...

posted on Mar, 3 2003 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tyler
USA, UN in the left corner

CHINA, ASIA, ARABIAN NATIONS, RUSSIA right corner

When? Most will join the game by august.

Start of the match, hopefully today...

And the EU ? France and Germany ( The Germans will stay in the right corner for a long time.They'll go to the left corner too ) will be in the right corner, and the rest of the EU, in the left corner.

[Edited on 3-3-2003 by ultra_phoenix]

posted on Mar, 3 2003 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Interesting... NK seems to be ratcheting up the pressure. Could this be a 2 front war?
www.cnn.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2003 @ 04:29 PM
link   
N.Korea is dangerous. If we even take a shot at them it's a nuclear holocaust. They won't give a # who the blow up. Hell, they will nuke themselves. That is why we are going after Saddam first. We know we can take him out in a few steps. Korea on the other hand will take a long time to deal with.

We can't kill King Jong, then his whole millitary will be angered an attack S.Korea and the west coast. With Korea we have to act fast and get the harmful weapons destroyed by any means nessacry.

posted on Mar, 3 2003 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I agree JediMaster, NK makes me really nervous. Saddam is nuts but I think he realizes when push comes to shoove he loses, Kim Jong Il (who I have decided to call Mr Hair from now on
) does not know this. It is almost as if he has a God complex, like he is on a mission and the force of his personality can defeat the U.S. and S. Korea and Japan. He has a tenuous (at best) grip on reality.

Heaven help us we are heading into strange days.

[Edited on 3-3-2003 by observer]

posted on Mar, 3 2003 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Worrying as it is I'm hopeful that China/Russia etc are not going to risk a world wide conflagration because of that nutter, he may however come in handy as a useful bargaining tool.

posted on Mar, 3 2003 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster
N.Korea is dangerous. If we even take a shot at them it's a nuclear holocaust. They won't give a # who the blow up. Hell, they will nuke themselves. That is why we are going after Saddam first. We know we can take him out in a few steps. Korea on the other hand will take a long time to deal with.

We can't kill King Jong, then his whole millitary will be angered an attack S.Korea and the west coast. With Korea we have to act fast and get the harmful weapons destroyed by any means nessacry.

Even if NK does attack SK it wouldnt be a problem. SK army outnumbers them and are far more advanced. THe only thing SK would wourry about is nuclear threats against their cities. if we go into war with NK our forces will be predominatly SK with probly 100,000 US troops with carrier groups. I think Japan will also be on out side since they would also loose if NK ever aquired a WMD.

posted on Mar, 3 2003 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Nuclear holocaust my arse. It seems that people think that NK has some massive nuclear arsenal and the means to deliver it. This simply isn't true.
There may be a few NUDET's if NK is somehow able to use their meagre nuclear power. This would be confined to the Korean peninsula, however.
Bearing in mind that the North has never tested a nuke or the ability of its missiles to deliver one.
So at very best their nuke arenal is technically unreliable. Granted that their nuke designs are probably overengineered to some degree to ensure that a critical mass is formed.

You could expct in any war on the peninsula, the SK's to act swiftly and decisively in concert with the US. The SK military should not be underestimated, things have changed quite a bit since 1950.

Also it wouldn't be in China's best interests for for the North to do something that stupid. Fallout from any nuclear detonation would have the possibility of contaminating large tracts of Chinese territory.

posted on Mar, 3 2003 @ 09:12 PM
link   
GROWING ALARM
U.S. officials have said they have no plans to invade North Korea, but are growing increasingly concerned about the North�s reactivation of a nuclear reactor that is part of a suspected weapons program. Washington believes Pyongyang already has one or two nuclear weapons.
Administration officials have said that if North Korea also restarts a nuclear fuel reprocessing facility, it will have crossed a �red line,� but it remains unclear what the White House has planned as a response to such a move.
U.S. and South Korean officials played down Pyongyang�s the most recent missile launch launch, saying the missile was small and conventional. However, there are fears that North Korea could test the long-range Taepodong-2 rocket, a more advanced rocket than the one it fired over Japan and into the Pacific in 1998.
U.S. defense experts believe that the missile, if deployed, could deliver a payload of several hundred pounds as far as Alaska or Hawaii, and a lighter payload to the western half of the continental United States.

msnbc.com...

It seems as if they do have some kind of nuclear capability.

posted on Mar, 3 2003 @ 09:29 PM
link   
the key to winning a war in north korea is the support of the people for they suffer more than any soldier would. i do not know that all of north korea is with or forus or wants us as dead as kim jon il does. here is what i'd propose. right now, delta force sleeper cells should be placed in positions where they would be able to assassinate any large number of political figures at once by any means neccesary. as well as a force that would be able to infiltrate and disable any nuclear or military facilities, and/or plants n. korea may have.

i know this is unrealistic but in Die Another Day, the north koreans had hovercaft that they could just float across the mine fields with. this, combined with other unknown technologies they may have would easily get them across the border into the south and would no doubt launch a premptive missle attack likely biological, or chemical, on the south. then over run whatever is left with a large invasion force. hit us when we are spread thinnest. that would be their greatest strategy. there are quite a few US bases just around seoul and farther south on the peninsula, and if their entire Air Force launched an attack on these easily sighted US/SK bases, then we would be caught asleep, then they could use their chembio weapons. after that, they would most likely try to preserve buildings that they'd occupy instead of wiping out everything, if they want to provide for the people that is. give them homes in those places. battle groups in the east sea, and japanese forces, may launch a counterstrike, but if the north could commandeer any weapons on this blitz then it wouldn't do much but destroy old equipment. this is where china would come in and say if you attack we nuke. so most likely the s. korean citizens would be forcd to bow to their new red masters, and some would even welcome them. that type of thing is what we must prevent.

posted on Mar, 3 2003 @ 09:58 PM
link   
You're right phoenix, that is incredibly unrealistic.

ProudAmerican
U.S. defense experts believe that the missile, if deployed, could deliver a payload of several hundred pounds as far as Alaska or Hawaii, and a lighter payload to the western half of the continental United States.

Precisely why these rockets, would not be able to deliver nuclear warheads. The technology to reduce a warhead weight to a few hundred pounds, is highly advanced and too complicated for NK at the moment. Re-entry vehicles are also highly complex and would need a proper test to see if they worked. Something the NK's haven't done yet.

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Why aren't we going to war with N.Korea , I mean unlike Saddam ... Kim of North Korea admits having weapons of mass destruction. If they have and are threating the west coast of the United States . It makes sense to deal with the first person admitting to wrong doing .

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I believe NK to be a far bigger threat than Iraq.... strange that we havent made too much noise on that side of the continent lately.... Keep in mind, you should always pay attention when there is a lack of noise where you should hear something.....

The thing is, Japan is just as in danger from NK as the US is, if not more so, since they are right next door. Japan has openly stated that they will take preemptive action against NK if they have reason to believe NK is targetting them, and I don' t think the Japanese make too many false statements of that type... I wouldnt be surprised to see a SpecWar operation against NK in the next couple of weeks, destroying a big percentage of NKs nuclear capacity, and I DONT THINK IT WILL BE THE US!!!!!!!

Just put it this way... Japan did originate the concept of stealth warriors and special operations hundreds of years ago.... They dont make a lot of noise, but I imagine they are still ahead of the curve on clandestine ops....

Failing the above option, a stealth air strike (hopefully around the time we attack Iraq, if not before) to knock out nuclear abilities would be very prudent. Either way, action needs to be taken NOW!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 01:37 AM
link   
in my opinion, NK anounced it's nulcear weapons program for the soul purpose of using it as a barganing tool.

it's quite simple really, "i have nukes, don't attack or i'll use them" where as saddam doesnt' accknowlege them so therefore he has everypurpose of using them.

when you annouce that you have weapons of this nature it is to act as a deterent.

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 01:59 PM
link   
NK will not be a problem when the war commences with Iraq.

They (US)are rumored to be using a new weapons system right out of Star Wars.

When this all comes to pass I don't think anyone will start any # with the USA anymore.

The US is now the world leader in Scalar weapons technology.

Anywhere, Anyhow, Anytime!!!

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Well, we have Star Wars, pulp fiction, the bizarre notion that SK armed forces outnumber NK's; a statement attributed to "the" Japanese - when in fact it was "a" Japanese, on the political fringe who was promptly shouted down by Koizumi's little band of gangsters.
And never a name, date, fact or "official" statement.
Everything related to NK's having warheads NOW, ready to serve, and with delivery systems, is pure speculation.

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 08:25 PM
link   
And while we're on the topic of "solid": what in the name of all that walks, swims or flies, is "Scalar weaponry": other than thirty years of largely ill-informed gibberish about electromagnetism and seismology and the mantras of "Tesla domes", "Tesla shields", "Tesla howitzers"..blah...yawn....sigh?

top topics

join