It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is wrong with us ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Today I watched about 3 seconds of the docu The Cove when it was presented at lastest Academy Awards. It was shocking to see how people are able to butcher dolphins for money.

Okay I agree....we butcher cows, little bunny's, chickens, little piggies and so on...so we can have a nice piece of meat on our plate at dinner.

But when I see how pigs,cows, chickens and so on are transported to their final destignation I feel guilty and ashamed....but that same evening I enjoy a nice steak anyway.

But just think of it how dubble our mind works. Not just when we see animals being mis treated but also with other matters.

The mechanics that involve our rational thoughts and emotions are probably very complicated when it comes to money?.....or hunger?.....or is hunnger for food a too much big a word in this situation?

Each time when I am confronted with unjustice to people or some form of animal cruelty my stomach turns. But still, in some way I contribute to the people who are doing it.

It is like paying taxes to the government so it can go into war or that I am willingly contributing to a system of shameless corruption which will lead to...........

There is so much wrong in this world and most of it is done for money...riches.....power....control over other people.

Are the people able to do this sociopath's or just clever. Do these people contribute to a better future for all of us on Earth with their look on live?

I personally do not think so....I think that all living beings should be treated with respect and deserve a 'thoughtfull' dead if they must be eaten....and fellow human beings should also be respected in their beliefs and their properties....

Reality is that we will never feel the same about these values and if we do....there will always be someone to make use of that and make a buck out of it.

I am afraid that we will never have peace on earth just for that reason.....so,
what is wrong with us? Are we plain stupid, ignorant, geneticly unfit or not there yet? Or is reality that we as humans will never have lasting peace.....ever?

I find it very difficult to express exactly what I want to say, but it comes close and hope that you do understand my thread.

[edit on 9-3-2010 by zatara]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

There are two philosophies we can take. One is of the present time, and the other is of the possible future we can grasp with relatively little effort. They are:

Intraversion - This term implies not only going within ourselves, commonly called "introversion," but the thought of going "between" which reveals our divided self between inner world and outer world. This philosophy is motivated by individual fear of insufficiency, and as a lowest common denominator, can unite us into crowds who act destructively indirectly and without overt aggression -- what psychologists call "passive aggression." Our species is a divided self marked by a suppressed inner world and an overgrown representation of ourselves in the outer world, like an avatar in a strange game made of popularity points, profits and the manipulation of ideas (control). Intraversion takes us into the worst of life, which is a fear of death and unpopularity that paralyzes us from taking action. In this state we become absurdly passive, unwilling to criticize or act against things that are wrong but benefit others, and at the same time disproportionately aggressive in the areas society designates for competition. With our excessive reliance on our external self, we become underconfident, as we never come to know our inner world and find ourselves not at home in our own minds. Even worse, we know we are self-serving and come to loathe ourselves for being so shortsighted.

Ascendancy - In contrast to inward-going philosophies, ascendancy starts from the inner world and believes in the clarification and growth of ourselves as only we know us. An ascendant person thinks, molds themselves into an ideal of their own creation, and derives their self-confidence from that accomplishment and a knowledge of themselves. They have individuality, not individualism, and are less concerned with public perception than actual reality. They know it is easy to convince others that one is competent (pass tests), honest (don't get caught), well-meaning (flatter) and intelligent (memorize facts). They know it is impossible to fool oneself. The goal of an ascendant person is to know himself or herself fully, to discipline that self to the highest standards possible, including ethical and physical and mental, and then to apply the beauty found within to the world without. Where an intraverted person questions whether he or she dares presume to change the world, and talks in terms of rights and obligations, an ascendant person thinks in terms of making things better much as evolution made us better: create ideas, test them, and pick the best and repeat the process on that basis. Ascendant people are confident and moral and lack sneering contempt for anything but bad logic.

One goes from intraverted to extraverted by a process of deconstruction of assumptions, and then rebuilding of a worldview based on tested logic. Much like Zen masters, post-intraverts possess a type of "nihilism" in which they reject all belief, all faith, all social values. The difference between a post-intravert and an ascendant person, like the gap between Zen initiate and Zen master, is that the ascendant person has reconstructed knowledge and values. In this they walk a fine line between realism, or study of physical reality and its likely function, and idealism, or a belief that thoughts define the progress of an individual. Through study and self-discipline, they are able to see the parallels between the function of our minds and the way reality operates.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Ever seen the movie Idiocracy ?

There the people are just plane old stupid.
We ! We are insane ! :shk:

[edit on 9-3-2010 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizan

Thanks Concernedcitizan.
That is very straight forward and could be right out a some psychology book. ......So what you are saying is that a beter world for us all will depent on the moral values of the people who shape the world...nothing new there.

If these kind of people are so egocentric andd busy with themselves, will they ever take others in consideration..

Is it these kind people who are responisble for all the # in the world?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Everything you eat was once alive. Plant or animal.

That is natures way. Think about it...............

Killing for fun or sport is very wrong.

If you eat what you kill, life goes on.
There is no shame in that.

top topics

join