It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IBM makes Earth-friendly plastic from plants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Hello there, I just came across this article and it seemed rather interesting to share with you guys and gals.

newsinfo.inquirer.net...

To me this seems revolutionary. Imagine how much waste it would take care of. Not to mention you could throw an empty bottle into the fireplace

The quality of medicine will go up together with the quality of plastic wrapped foods that will not be wrapped in a heap of chemicals which you shouldn't really be consuming anyways. Basically, the quality of life for a lot of people AND animals will increase and we will have taken another step towards less dependance on pollutants(oil).

Now lets wait and see what will be done with this green idea...

Edit:

Silly me, I forgot to ask the question;

Will this idea, when implemented, take care of some of the conspiracy theories concerning the purposeful poisoning of the general populace by pharmaceutical companies and food/drink-production companies?

[edit on 9-3-2010 by Zamini]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

It will be funny if this ever come to mass production because there is already a biodegradable way of making plastics from natural sources but because of prohibition is banned from use.
What I'm talking about is hemp oil, for centuries Hemp was used for all sorts of purposes including paper, rope and with current technology...plastics.

Anybody wanting further information, here's a link for your disposal.

www.ehow.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
way to go ibm are you going to go out and invent the wheel again
like the poster above me just said ford new about making plastic out of hemp in ummm 1930 or so

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
As stated above this is neither new nor an innovation. They have been able to produce plastics for a long time, but the Government of the time stopped the production of HEMP from which a car panels were made, because of it's other products. Hemp was demonised in the 1930's and we sadly lost a massive benefit to the human race from so many different angles. Licensed production may be coming back in again.

Go research it. You will be amazed! Here is a starting point

[edit on 10/3/2010 by PuterMan]

top topics

join