It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starting to meditate---any recorded guided meditations recorded out there?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I've been interested in meditation for about half a year or so, and been reading about it, and been trying different techniques (visualizations, mantra recitation, deep breathing), but having a hard time just sitting down and not falling asleep, or sitting down and just 'getting it done.' Most of the times if I don't fall asleep, I can't seem to concentrate, so just lately, my friend gave me a CD of guided meditations, but is mainly about world peace and stuff like that, was trying to find out if maybe somebody out there had some good recommendations for guided meditations.

Recently I ran across a site...Orin Daben ( www.orindaben.com... ) and I see they got a lot of meditations that can be downloaded and wondered if any out there had tried these meditations or if you recommend any other guided meditations out there?

thanks for any tips!

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Google video has loads, seriously, just type in something like "guided meditation" or "chakra meditation" or any number of kinds you're interested in trying, and set the options to over 20 minutes. (even some of the shorter somes can be good if you're having trouble staying awake)

Here's one I use sometimes, just to relax. It's not a world peacey one, just a nice guided relaxation.
video.google.co.uk...#

And this is a good kundalini one, a chakra work out
video.google.co.uk...#
have fun

[edit on 9/3/2010 by Acidtastic]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Personally, best way is trial and error. I can't even express how much time i spent trying to get it right, when trying is the thing not to do.

Sit back, relax, and let what happens happen.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by lasimplereality

change your diet, meditate a little earlier when you're less tired, my teacher recommended bananas and you know, I think they have helped a little for staying awake.

Are you sure you're falling asleep or just getting into a deep deep trance? At either rate, if it's a trance, I find if you break the trance you'll be pretty awake after that. I move around a bit.. from sitting to laying down, back and forth. Whatever works for me and what i'm going for really.

somafm.com...
this music will keep you awake and in a good zone. I probably listened to this for a year straight non-stop when I first got into meditation.

I find guided meditations get in the way for me, some nice vocaless/wordless music will do the trick though if you need something to keep you awake.

Get yourself well rooted and flowing before you go straight to working on your head. All i gotta do is sit down, feel my 3rd eye, breathe in, and in 2 minutes i'm in a deep deep trance. Or any chakra really but especially the head. I think it has to do with your connections dude. Energy distribution, what's flowing, how well you are grounded.

I gotta go. I'd say more otherwise.

I wish ya zenfull meditation.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
You'll know it works when you feel asleep but you are aware of things around you... At least, that's what it felt like for me. It feels like you are just an observer, and all you take in are the senses. No emotions, barely any thoughts.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Many years ago I began using some easier meditations and modified them in order to teach in circles afterwards. These are quite simple ones to use and so far 99% who use them have a fair degree of success.

They are not for relaxation or to ponder over a question, instead they are designed specifically for people to reach, meet and begin to work with their higher-self.. the only Teacher you will ever need as it represents the soul you are. Most people talking about their "guide" don't realize that the main Guide is their higher-self.

You can read these meditations on my site, see link in my signature. Some people prefer to record them and then use that recording as a guided meditation.

Something to consider:- taking your experiences seriously as pointing the direction for you to explore. Guides will not give you all the answers you seek, instead they will prod you, question you, and have you find out for yourself through your own direct experiences. That is all they are required to do.

Many people I've taught these simplified methods to viewed them as something they do once a week in the circle... try not to get into that thought pattern. I used to set homework but very few people did it. In order to grow out into your own higher awareness you need to Practice Daily. Set aside the time and a place to do them every day.

Lastly, have No Fear.

If you do use these methods you are welcome to email or PM me if you have questions.

Good Luck.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I have some links on my signature to podcasts I did here a while ago...I hope you like them. There's some good advice here for you to follow too...regular practise is best. Once or twice just won't do it. Lemme know if I can help.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Hi everyone,

To the OP, its great that your undertaking a fantastic inner journey, hopefully it will help you greatly in the future and for the rest of your life effecting all the people in it, a virtuous circle I think its called. Maybe you don't know but guided meditation and trance and hypnosis to me seem very inter-linked and you-tube has many videos, you know some people just go through a bunch of them to see which ones work, but the goal of meditation is to understand there is no goal, except that is not a perfect expression because it involves words. There is a nice video on you-tube about the ohm chant but if NLP has taught me anything, if you want to learn something, talk to an expert or better yet someone who has got really good really fast.

Peace

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

If you never had meditating before, you won't get it alone. You should join some Yoga group and stay in contact with people with large practice in meditation.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
The best meditation is called the "small universe" or "microcosmic orbit" -- you get the c.d. as the "level one sitting meditation" from springforestqigong.com... instructional tools.

The guy has similar abilities to John Chang:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Thanks for all the replies! Looks like I got tons of 'homework' to do. I'll check out the links you guys posted or got in your signature and I'll see what resonates best.

The reason I'm starting to do meditation is because I've been getting these 'waking' dreams where I see myself spinning through a tunnel, and at the same time I hear classical music playing in the background; the music sounds so loud and clear that I've awakened thinking that maybe the neighbor has been blasting classical music in his apt, but my wife is right next to me and she says not a single sound has been made. I figured that maybe if I meditate, maybe I can hold these states of listening to the music longer as it sounds very nice.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
A great thread that I authored has some great information and a link to a website.

Just check my signature.

~Keeper

Here's the link:www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 3/9/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Good stuff. I'm very new to Meditation also. It sucks because when I try to meditate, I get a little impatient. I'm very interested in Astral Projection, but Meditation would most likely be something you'd have to learn first? Correct me if i'm wrong anybody. And to the OP, thanks for posting this thread. I'm not able to make topics yet, but if I had been, this would have been one of my first attempts.

Much thanks!

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Very cool. You'll want to read my "secrets of psychic music healing" article:

www.mind-energy.net... and my

biomusic conspiracy article

www.viewzone.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simply J
Good stuff. I'm very new to Meditation also. It sucks because when I try to meditate, I get a little impatient. I'm very interested in Astral Projection, but Meditation would most likely be something you'd have to learn first?

You could be right...meditation might lead you to astral projections, or it could be vice versa. My astral projections were triggered when I was reading books on astral projections...I would read books on the subject in the afternoon, and i would fall asleep reading the books, and a couple of times I had these projections which didn't last long because I got scared of whats going on and kind of 'woke up' back to normality. But maybe others had their astral projections after they started meditating; I'm sure there is no straight rule for this.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
meditate on the sound of Om.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I used hypnotic meditation, for anxiety, stress relieve and health.

I have been doing this for years now.

It takes time and practice and is not something you can start and stop and start over again as practice makes the master.

I am not a master and probably never will be, but I am now good enough to be able to go into trance at any time anywhere I need some relief or need to get my blood pressure and pulse in check.

That is the main reason I got into meditation.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I got, I stared hypnotic meditation with Dr. Steven Gurgevich section on Mp3s many years ago.

I tried many but he was the best that worked for me.

www.tranceformation.com...

Now for free mantras this sites has many to choose from,

www.buddhanet.net...

The one I love most is this one "Om Mani Padme Hum"

Is beautiful music and very relaxing.

[edit on 10-3-2010 by marg6043]

[edit on 10-3-2010 by marg6043]

new topics

top topics

join