It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tenn. bill would stamp income tax unconstitutional

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Wierd enough I think someone posted the link right below me... here it is again... thanks for the link VictorVonDoom

www.givemeliberty.org...

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

Originally posted by mahtoosacks
why am i complaining about paying these taxes when i can just move somewhere else?

for stating exactly what I have always thought about this subject. If folks don't like paying state income tax, then move. If there was a mass exodus from states with income tax to those without income tax...I bet state regulations would change....and change quickly.

I have a Q: for those that have state income tax: Do you folks pay sales tax?

Living in TX, we don't have state income tax...but they get us pretty good at the registers. Typically 8.5% sales tax. More if it's certain things like gasoline, cigarettes, alcohol, etc.

i believe its still 6% here in GA with every tax known to man

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

Originally posted by mahtoosacks
why am i complaining about paying these taxes when i can just move somewhere else?

for stating exactly what I have always thought about this subject. If folks don't like paying state income tax, then move. If there was a mass exodus from states with income tax to those without income tax...I bet state regulations would change....and change quickly.

I have a Q: for those that have state income tax: Do you folks pay sales tax?

Living in TX, we don't have state income tax...but they get us pretty good at the registers. Typically 8.5% sales tax. More if it's certain things like gasoline, cigarettes, alcohol, etc.

In Ohio we pay state income tax AND sales tax. Sales tax is set by the county and is generally in the 6.5 to 7.75% range. Yeah, we get double screwed!!!

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

that is right they can provide for the common Defense and general Welfare of the United States

How is acorn and the splc and the others represent any defense of the united states or the general welfare of the united states.

Also please research the the time when this was passed. this was passed around the same time the irs was installed. which was last century in 1900.

There is also question as to weather it was ratified by 1/3 of congress.

Yes the glory days we had no federal income tax. or IRS. ATF,CIA,NSA,DOD. You name it. We did just fine without them for many years.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join