It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sun is getting ready for flare up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

The sun is getting ready for flare up

www.spaceweather.com

"..The massive, plasma-filled filament has been remarkably stable since SOHO first spotted it on March 5th. However, filaments like this have been known to collapse. If this one does and hits the stellar surface, the impact could produce a powerful Hyder flare"
(visit the link for the full news article)

files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c415b3775fb0.jpg[/atsimg]][atsimg]files.abovetopsecret.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Heightened activity on the Sun,

[edit on 9-3-2010 by maddogron]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I have read on here that when solar flares occur, we notice an increase in earthquake activity. On March 4/5 we had 7 earthquakes above 6.0 around the world after a huge ejection on March 1st. If this "hyder flare" is emmense, then that might correspond to the Web bot date of March 11, 2010 of an high emotional event to occur. lets watch this and see... i am very curious..

www.spaceweather.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Crap...this flare is in the exact position as it was in my dream.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
A Hyder flare is mostly a matter of a lot of light though sometimes they are associated with a CME. The are mostly of interest only to astronomers.

Generally Hyder flares are not associated with energetic particle emission or geomagnetic storms (implying that they may not be associated with a coronal mass ejection). However, this is not always the case, as a large halo CME observed by the LASCO solar coronagraph on board the SOHO spacecraft was most definitely associated with a Hyder flare (2N/M1) observed on 12 September 2000.

www.ips.gov.au...
The CME in 2000 had virtually no effect on Earth.

There was no "huge eruption" directed at Earth on March 1st.

[edit on 3/9/2010 by Phage]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

just curious.... was the sun involved? or other event? kinda vague... sorry

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
"Flares are intense brightenings that occur in the solar chromosphere. Flares are generally observed from Earth using narrow band filters, typically with a bandwidth of less than 0.1 nm, and often centred on the Hydrogen-Alpha wavelength of 656.3 nm. (Flares also have counterparts, that is, sudden outbursts, in the radio and X-ray spectrum). "...

does this mean my tin foil cap will come in handy?

www.ips.gov.au...

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Here's the pic from SpaceWeather.com:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ad9a0400fa3e.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 9-3-2010 by ghr54321]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

i was a little off on the date... but i sure hope you can see this flare.

sohodata.nascom.nasa.gov...

just found that it will not let me, but you can look at the lasco 2 image mpeg movie of the the time frame of 2/28/10 to 3/2/10 at the sohodata nasa.gove website and check all the flareups of the sun... I just find it really cool to see if there is a connection?

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Good picture.

Looks like one of my inflamed 'roids!

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ghr54321

thank you, tried but kept getting some transport errors... laters... have to go feed the gov't tax base (work) I am eager to hear some responses..

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
The lastest SOHO EIT 284 image looks very impressive too

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2c57ca957193.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by maddogron

There are an average of 150 earthquakes of 6.0 or greater annually. That's more than 10 each month. It's pretty hard to make any connection.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Wow they're pretty big, could this be a flare that could affect our power system? disrupt it maybe?

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I dig this subject...as "coincidence" is usually a misslabel. Yep there are lots of earth quakes every year, not every year are they as big and as publicized as of late. While reviewing another related thread, I came across a statement from member 'NotAgain'

"A Month of Sunspots, A month of Big Quakes. I don't think all Quakes are related to solar activity, tectonic plates move all the time. However I think magnetic energy that breaches our magnetosphere only speeds up that movement."

A thought I felt was worth repeating.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Today while looking at the sky I saw random rainbows near sun with my dad whilst on the way back from school.

Any idea if this is correlated to the reason solar activity?

top topics

join