Suspect kills self in Ohio State shooting, police say

page: 1

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 12:18 PM

(CNN) -- A man apparently angry over a poor performance evaluation entered an Ohio State University maintenance building early Tuesday and opened fire, killing a manager before turning the gun on himself, police said.

Larry Wallington, 48, a building services manager at the OSU Maintenance Building, was pronounced dead at the scene of the 3:30 a.m. ET shooting, Ohio State University Police Chief Paul Denton said. Wallington was a 10-year university employee, he said.

Authorities found suspect Nathaniel Brown, 51, a custodial worker, suffering from a self-inflicted gunshot at the scene, Denton said. He was transported to the Ohio State University Medical Center, where he was dead on arrival.

An AP report said heavily armed OSU police were on the scene, I find this interesting because when I went to Ohio State I never once saw a heavily armed police officer. I am guessing they were somewhat of a swat team. The Ohio State campus has their own police, but it is mostly traffic patrol and single police officers, I wonder how quickly they were able to send heavily armed OSU guards to the area. ool-shooting-1-injured

I live nearby this, so if anyone has further information I'd like to know.

Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.
Mod Note: Breaking General News Posting Guidelines- Please Review This Link

the submission must be made via the Submit News Button located on the toolbar at the top of the page.

[edit on Tue Mar 9 2010 by Jbird]

new topics