It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone tell me something about sleep paralysis?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
So I've found out through much research, that sleep paralysis is linked to astral projection.(the begining of it, or the end of it) whic explains alot about it. But what it doesn't explain, is the feeling that something is In the Room with you.
So can anyone tell me what is the cause of that feeling? Cuz honestly, that is probally the most frightening feeling I've ever experianced.
I'm looking to enjoy sleep paralysis now that I learned itssupposedly linked to astral travel. But I wanna know what causes that feel of not being "alone". So that I can overcome it.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Sleep paralysis takes place because, when you sleep, your brain shuts off muscle control so that you don't find yourself thrashing or running down the street while you're dreaming. When people sleep walk, this is a malfunction in the brain allowing the mind muscle control while dreaming.

When sleep paralysis takes place, the brain has regained consciousness, but has not yet restored muscle control. As a result, you're fully aware of your surroundings, but are unable to move. This, too, is a malfunction, but is usually remedied somewhat quickly after regaining consciousness.

Though frightening, it is similar to sleep walking or even twitching as you're close to falling asleep. Physiologically speaking, it's nothing to worry about.

As to what this physiological condition has to do with astral travel, I cannot say.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
from what i've heard/read, the link between astral projection and sleep paralysis is that feeling of being almost 'out-of-body'. I've tried astral unsuccessfully, due to my lack of perserverence.(I'm a lazy meditator)
I've experienced sleep paralysis, strangely it mostly happens when I have a girlfriend as do the occurence of ghosts and nightmares!?lol)

Sleep paralysis isn't fun, but sometimes I find myself wanting the experience. Mostly because I want to see if I can use others methods for entering astral that way.
The astral world is like a collective subconscious, hive mind, if you will. So it's not hard to believe this one story I heard; this guy (around his 30s) who wasn't spiritual/religious much, was working later than usual on his PC. Being late, he was tired and he must have drifted off, but he claims he felt something lift from his chair (astral body) and he was standing behind himself and could see the whole room exactly as it was. as soon as he realized this he was startled and awoke.

Sorry to ramble. A friends father also astral projects, he claims it happens weekly. He didn't even know what it was until someone told him, don't remember who. He thought they were really lucid dreams. Until he realized he was seeing things he shouldn't have known. Like what his son was wearing, what he was doing and how he was sitting, even though his son got home after he was asleep. He also doesn't know how to encourage it or make it stop. He's quite the drinker, but a crazy little Irish man he is, awesome none the less. No idea how it becomes 'fair' for him and not me, to be able to astral:shk:

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
You should look up "shadow people" and "incubus" or "succubus" cases, "Night hag" etc. for more info on the paranormal aspect of a sensed presence associated with sleep paralysis...

Not saying I agree with it, but for more info, these subjects should net plenty...

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
you be best avoiding sleep paralysis, it can be dangerous, many people have suffered breathing difficulties cause of it, 3 times i nearly died of sleep paralysis related breathing difficulties. As a baby i stopped breathing for near to 3 minutes, and as an adult i couldn't breath during 2 separate sleep paralysis attacks, I was very lucky to be able to grab a few inhales, im lucky to be alive. Stay away from SP if you can, it kills a lot of people and babies but isnt accepted by health authorities to do such.

new topics

top topics

join