It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Explosion in Northeast Louisiana

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Go back to that story and read the comments at the bottom of the page.

www.knoe.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
So far there has been no further reports as to what the incident was... I plan to keep looking for the answers and will post whatever I can find out about this.
From what I've searched and read about today this is not an uncommon event. I've heard of several states that have had this happen as well.
My Mother actually had a pretty good idea I thought... She asked if the states or areas have any connections to one another in some way. I don't really know how anyone would find out similarities, so if there is someone here who may know how or what to look for, please feel free to post it! Any ideas on this are greatly appreciated!

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I live in West Monroe, LA and heard this last night!

It had begun to rain about an hour earlier and when it hit there had not been any previous thunder. It shook our entire house. We actually got out of bed and looked out the windows to see if perhaps an electrical transformer had blown, but no one had lost power that we could see. I attributed it to be just thunder but my wife and I both agreed we had never heard thunder that loud and with that much "energy". I dont have a clue as to what it was....

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
www.ksla.com...

Did you hear a boom Monday? It could possibly be...
Posted: Mar 09, 2010 10:30 PM EST
Updated: Mar 09, 2010 10:30 PM EST
SHREVEPORT, LA (KSLA) – An enormous "boom" heard across parts of Louisiana on Monday remains a mystery. Lots of people are still wondering what caused the earth to shake.

The majority of parish leaders are saying it was more than likely a sonic boom heard across 6 parishes in north central Louisiana.

Science professor Don Wheeler says a sonic boom is a possibility and could be heard over such a large area.

He also is not ruling out a meteorite.

"Did we have an explosion? Yes," says Don Wheeler, Delta Community College Science Professor.

"Where was it? Don't think it was at ground level, based upon seismic data. So, probably something that was airborne; possibly a military jet or the meteor possibility, as it was entering the atmosphere coming from northwest to southeast."

An earthquake has been ruled out, since there was no seismic activity.

So there was no seismic activity?

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
www.thenewsstar.com...

A loud sound similar to an explosion that rattled windows in the region late Monday afternoon was most likely a sonic boom caused by high-speed aircraft or a meteor coming through the atmosphere, a pair of local experts said.

The apparent sonic boom happened just before 5 p.m. and affected the area southwest of Shreveport to around Vidalia.

“Looking at the path of the reports, there’s a definite linear path,” said Don Wheeler, a meteorologist at Louisiana Delta Community College.

Wheeler said there was no irregular seismic activity in the area during the period immediately before and after the apparent sonic boom.

“If indeed there was a meteor, they can come in at supersonic speeds,” Wheeler said.

There have been no reports of area residents seeing a meteor, but seeing a meteor was unlikely because overcast and daytime conditions, Wheeler said.

John Anderson, an assistant professor of physics at the University of Louisiana at Monroe, said the more likely culprit behind the sonic boom is a jet or high-speed airplane.

Anderson said the aircraft could have moved over the affected area in about 90 seconds if it was travelling at 750 miles per hour or faster.

“If it was an airplane, somebody’s in trouble,” he said.

Some residents reported seeing two planes.

A spokesman for the Federal Aviation Administration did not return a call and an e-mail seeking comment.

“There’s a lot of questions and few answers,” Wheeler said.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Here is a link to the local newspaper of the region and a comment board of locals. Let it be known the blast was heard all the way in Virginia.

Local Residents Commenting + Full Story

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Eh, not quite sure if this has been posted yet, but I did some basic googling and this is what I found.

www.cenlamedia.com...

It sounds like a pretty typical cover-up. I also looked at the comments from the KNOE-8 news website. They said they saw a streak go across the sky, that looked like a high speed plane, and then heard an explosion, but didn't see the plane anymore. Hmm, it'd be much more helpful if the news actually went out and interviewed people who claimed to be witnesses.

Also, from that website, they had a link that showed a bunch of spots of google maps of people that emailed that they were witnesses. Most of them were in a general area, probably not more than two hours away from each other, and all were pretty much the same: Extremely loud bang, shook the ground, rattled the building/house/windows.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by BtotheG

Very interesting if that is the case because not even the locals seam to know that info yet. what you found does appear to be extremely accurate in terms of what the cause of this was though. Bad communication would be my guess from media to the public. Kudos to you for finding this info!

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Smell The Roses

Thanks! Well, there's no telling as to how truthful these people are being on that website. For all I know, they could simply be fake accounts created by the media to help create a story for themselves.

By the way, don't give me too much kudos, I've just have some mad googling skills!

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
[url]http://www.tooeletranscript.com/view/full_story/6617200/article-New-designation-could-spur-Army-Depot%E2%80%99s-business?instance=home_news_left[ /url]

The APE program involves designing, fabricating and installing equipment used to maintain or demilitarize conventional munitions. Currently, the depot is working with Louisiana-based Safety Management Systems to do explosives testing for the Department of Transportation, and with Minneapolis-based Alliant Techsystems to install an explosives incinerator in Australia. Other projects have included deactivation furnaces, mobile brass certification units and priming and depriming machines.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
[url]http://www.tooeletranscript.com/view/full_story/6617200/article-New-designation-could-spur-Army-Depot%E2%80%99s-business?instance=home_news_left[ /url]

The APE program involves designing, fabricating and installing equipment used to maintain or demilitarize conventional munitions. Currently, the depot is working with Louisiana-based Safety Management Systems to do explosives testing for the Department of Transportation, and with Minneapolis-based Alliant Techsystems to install an explosives incinerator in Australia. Other projects have included deactivation furnaces, mobile brass certification units and priming and depriming machines.

Good work!

The question then becomes; which of the two sites may have done any work that day, Louisiana...or the one in Australia?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Also, on the local news last night, they reported that a memphis station had reported that they had witnessed a fireball or streak through the sky just before the incident occurred here in Louisiana...report stated the the object was traveling southeast...this would place it headed in the direction of Louisiana....also one local resident reported they saw a streak in the sky....problem with most of the area in Louisiana that day was a majority was overcast or partly cloudy so it would have been difficult for most of us to see ...which was the case where I am located....a meteorite is looking like the best possiblity at this point but who knows...

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by BtotheG

Something about that piece screams coverup. Why do I say this? Everyone is talking about this loud boom, then they report this, with no connection to the boom in the piece? Seems like they want people to think.... OH HEY, I bet that was the boom we heard... Sorry I don't buy that. Too convienent.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Anyone tried taking all the locations where the sound was heard, and drawing a line of best fit through them ,then comparing that with confirmable aviation data?

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Sorry double post because computers are slow and stupid.

[edit on 13-3-2010 by TrueBrit]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join