It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Explosion in Northeast Louisiana

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Mystery Explosion in Northeast Louisiana

MONROE (KNOE 8 NEWS) - Mystery explosion reported from many parts of northeast Louisiana. We have few answers and are asking for your help!
(visit the link for the full news article)

Link

[edit on 3/9/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Police also reporting no decrease in pressure noted on pipelines-so apparently not a pipeline explosion from all accounts.
The FAA hasn't reported any activity in the area. Barksdale and Ft. Polk do not have aircraft that can achieve speeds that would produce a sonic boom. That does not mean that that wasn't what happened though. No one is talking, and that is what is weird about it all. People keep throwing information around, but we don't have any authorities saying anything. The police and others may have said it was a sonic boom, but what if it was something geological? I am just really curious is all. I heard the boom this afternoon and questioned it. I just think that it is really weird that we haven't had any answers as to what it was. People's windows shattered. They cannot just say, "oh it was nothing."

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9-3-2010 by Araiansu]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Do you mean Explosion in the title haha?

Until there is more news on it no one can really say!

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Was only using the word explosion because that has been the title attributed to it in the news sources lol , you are correct, no one really knows what "it" was!

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Where is this link? We havent heard about this down here (Livingston Parish)

ETA: Found it

[edit on 9-3-2010 by Cole DeSteele]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Nothing on the Emergency and Disaster Information Service yet (hisz.rsoe.hu...). I wonder if it is localized only to Alabama or if it was heard moving through other states/locations as well.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by CalibratedZeus

I just went on RSOE and onto the North America map - the icon has a brief description of a severe hailstorm right over Louisiana - but they'd have to be huge to sound explosive! Meteorite bits anyone ?

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Just spitballing here. two explosions (dual hellfires) Military aircraft sighted in vicinity (predator drone) US census (GPS coordinates) - Makes for a good book. Of course the missing element is the resulting fire. Strange.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Only way to find out if what happened was an airborne event is to secure the ATC radar recordings before the military or government gets a hold of them and says "nothing to see here" or "we had a malfunction and they were accidentally erased". MUFON did a great job getting civilian FAA tapes for the Stephenville event, maybe they could do the same for this event as well.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I wonder since one of the posters on the thread pointed out hailstorms in the area, if it could have been a really acute thunderclap? Obviously particles in the air can cause lightning, I wonder if a particularly powerful bolt, or sheet of lightning may have been responsible?

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com...

'Operation Exodus': Louisiana Sheriff Taps Locals For Emergency Security Plan
A Louisiana sheriff plans to arm volunteers with shotguns, riot shields, batons, and a .50-caliber machine gun mounted on a "war wagon," as part of "Operation Exodus," a program to provide security in the event of a terrorist attack or civic unrest. "It's a calling," he says.

The office of Sheriff Larry Deen of Bossier Parish, near Shreveport in the northwest part of the state, last month selected for the program 200 local residents -- mostly ex-law-enforcement personnel -- and began training them in "defensive techniques in the event of a struggle," reports the Shreveport Times. The plan calls for the new recruits to be sent to protect food from grocery stores, gas from gas stations, and other crucial local resources, should the situation demand it.

I would take a guess its these guys.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
There were alot of areas that did not get hail at all that heard the very large boom, and it was only one boom. This sound was even said to have been heard in neighboring states such as Mississippi and Texas. Many, many people called the authorities and none of the officers had any answers as to what it was. So I would have to count out hail, but still wondering as to the explanation.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Over the past year many such "booms" have been heard worldwide. Attributed to the sonic boom of an inbound meteorite. One large enough to break windows, as in this instance, may leave hard physical evidence of and at landfall...maybe.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Araiansu

Notice this report is from 2009 in Jackson MS - curious similarities

www.wlox.com...

JACKSON COUNTY, MS (WLOX) - A sonic boom appears to be what so many folks in Jackson County heard Tuesday night.

The WLOX Newsroom was flooded with calls Tuesday night around 8pm from residents who heard an explosion. Jackson County is home to a number of large industrial businesses like Chevron and Northrop Grumman, so any kind of explosive sound can be worrisome.

But Earl Etheridge with the Department of Environmental Quality said he's checked with all the major industries in the area, and all say the explosion didn't come from them.

Officials believe the noise may have been a sonic boom, which is an explosive sound created when an object moves faster than the speed of sound.

Some comments

Please WLOX will someone, do check into this. This is not a sonic boom. I have heard many sonic booms. And I must say the only thing this reminds me of, is when I lived in Denver and A church was bombed and it shook and rattled my windows and house like these SO CALLED sonic booms There is something going on. And if there was an exercises going on with Keesler like reported the other night. But they so called did not know what other Base was out there do exercises that is a farce. They know who is in their flight zone. They better, if they do not then that shows what kind of security the gulf coast is under.And we as citizens need to question are safety.

These so called sonic booms have been going on for a while. I began hearing theme early in the year and of course I thought I was crazy because no one else seemed to hear them. I would always look for some kind of explaination on the news but there was none. I was surprise to see it on the news tuesday. I agree with the other comment below, this is not a sonic boom. This needs to be futher investigated. I have friend in Tupelo, MS and they also have heard and felt this so called sonic boom.

[edit on 9-3-2010 by WWJFKD]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Hmm, this sounds very interesting indeed. I cannot think of a reasonable explanation for this. If it was a meteor it would have resulted in an impact which would be hard to miss I guess.

Any word on what is supposed to have caused the sonic boom?

Definately sounds interesting and I will follow this closely

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Bossier Parish is on the northwest side of the state. If there was any explosion here, people would blame Barksdale AFB before they blamed the sheriff dept.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Can anyone confirm that there have been a lot more incidents of this sort in the last year than there usually are? If so, this is something to worry about.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I live fairly close to an industrial plant. Close enough that any loud noise is cause enough to at least look out the window. Such was the case the other day. The weather was absolutely bright and clear and we heard a loud, long, sustained rumble, as in thunder, but deeper...and longer in nature.

So at odds with normal was this sound it provoked me to go outside and naturally look first to the nearest plant. Nothing going there. In fact nothing going on anywhere that could be seen. Yet the noise was loud. It was real. Even shook the house. And more than a few persons heard it. A puzzle to be sure.

Later that same day I pondered whether such a thing even possible...which was, that the noise was heard later the same morning of the earthquake in Chilie. Could it have been the noise of that same earthquake heard so many miles away? I cannot say that, but the timing would be about right given the distance between the two points.

The point I am making here is that whether explosion or sonic boom, this noise your area has heard was real. And having recently been exposed to erie and unexplained noise in the air itself, you have my rapt attention and my sympathy until the matter is resolved.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I remember hearing stories a while back (namely in the UFO forum) about sonic booms with no explanation. I think there was one in California. Anyone else remember this?

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I work in Ferriday, LA extreme north east side of Louisiana..Was inside a building and heard the "explosion". It shook the building, and from what I understand, the farther west you were the more profound the effects..If it was a sonic boom, it was extremely powereful, and I am prior military and I don,t think it was a sonic boom, it was more like an explosion..No one has had any answers in this area as to what it was...first reports were it was a pipe line explosion, this has all turned out to not be the case..two tv stations have both reported on this and nothing but speculation has been given...several mentions of weather and such but the weather was partly cloudy, with a temp of about 60 degrees...I know this was not weather related in any way...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join