It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to make fishing illegal ANYWHERE!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
The topic says it all. Obama is planning to make it illegal to fish in any of the nation's oceans, coastal areas, Great Lakes, and even inland waters.

Fishing is illegal

This seems like the first step towards it being illegal to grow or capture your own food. Only the governments poison food is legal to eat. We wouldn't want the dumb American slave to be able to live a long and prosperous life now would we?

Thoughts and comments on this madness are always welcomed

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I KNOW that some good 'ol boys in that illustrious 'free' country of yours, will carry on as normal. The only difference being the the salty language, (prolly not that different than now) and the one finger salute.

+68 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Did you actually read the article? It never says "will." The issue is that, in order to allow fish stock to recover from over-fishing, the administration is considering unilateral moratoria... over-riding traditional state game boards and commercial regulatory agencies. The sports fishing industry objects, fearing arbitrary bans. If commercial fishing continues at the current levels, important species like blue fin tuna will go extinct, and we'll all have to eat dried jellyfish instead. The article was alarmist enough. Your misinterpretation is ridiculous.

[edit on 9-3-2010 by DJW001]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
no joke- the fishermen I know would want a civil war over this..................
fishing is the american past-time just as fish are just about the healthiest protein out there.......
'green is good'......?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by hawaiinguy12

I doubt this will hold, this guy is digging his own grave all Americans regardless of color love to fish... On top of that I have a few redneck uncles who would be pissed off. It wouldnt take to long for the courts to throw this out, or the Rednecks either way it wont happen.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Like hell, I already have my permit.

It just doesn't make any sense, there is a small fresh water lake near my home, and if it weren't for fishing it would be hugely over populated, granted not all bodies of water are like this, but I doubt it is the only one. We also have an "over population" of deer. I'm not a hunter but I know that we do not have a typical deer season because they are so numerous.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Reply to post by DJW001

no they never said 'will' but you have no right to call that poster 'ridiculous'...
I read the biased espn article and it seemed to me that it 'may' happen.....
you sound more worries about the bluefin tuna than humanity.......but I won't say that's ridiculous .......

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I cant seem to find the actual documents...just some opinion pieces which may be taking things far out of context.

I remember reading once where they were trying to put more restrictions on commercial overfishing in breeding grounds, and some commercial lobbiests were pretending that the restrictions were going to end up making joe fisherman not able to fish...scare tactic stuff without referencing the actual articles and wording things carefully (lots of "mays" and "could" stuff).

Any angler (including myself) would very much oppose any bill that would eliminate rec fishing...but also we oppose overfishing of breeding ground...especially by large commercial fish companys.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by IandEye

The leap from "could" to "will" is either intentional, that is, a lie, or a genuine misunderstanding. Either way the OP's tone is uncalled for, hence, ridiculous. What makes you throw the canard that I care more for tuna than humans? I care about the poor folks who will have nothing but dried jellyfish to eat if we don't practice better husbandry.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Looks like I'll be joining all the hillbillies and backwoods hicks down at the fishing hole, drinking beer drowning worms and daring Obama to come take my rod and reel out my hands

Would add more but I suddenly feel the urge to double check my guns and ammo supply

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
Did you actually read the article? It never says "will." The issue is that, in order to allow fish stock to recover from over-fishing, the administration is considering unilateral moratoria... over-riding traditional state game boards and commercial regulatory agencies. The sports fishing industry objects, fearing arbitrary bans. If commercial fishing continues at the current levels, important species like blue fin tuna will go extinct, and we'll all have to eat dried jellyfish instead. The article was alarmist enough. Your misinterpretation is ridiculous.

Well, now, that just sounds pretty 'un-American...' that, and the 'unilateral moratoria' that would allow for the 'over-riding of traditional state game boards.' The key words here are probably 'arbitrary bans.' Not alarming enough for you? Then, how about those peanut butter and jellyfish sandwiches you're proposing...? I think I'm alarmed.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

Will go extinct? Says who? The same people who say we've been in a population explosion for 50 years? Same people who say we're in a Global meltdown?

Why do you believe "them"? Who are they? Where do they get their information from? Guessing? Certainly not statistics.

Now, ask yourself: What's their objective?
Answer: Money and control of course.

When did we stop thinking for ourselves? When did we allow others to tell US what's going on?

Listen, as far as many of us are concerned, this is our first time here on planet Earth so what the hell are 'they' comparing things to? It's not like 'they' can look back on history (his-story) and read: Year 29021 BC: 'planet Earth is now at 10 billion and tuna is now in short supply.

Fear-mongering, control, greed and leadership is what's wrong with this planet.

Let's trust nature and not the Elite who try to control us, shall we?

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I have followed behind commercial shrimping boats in the ocean. The by catch is tremendous. All kinds of species of fish floating behind them things. Everytime their nets come in, a new slick of fish follows behind them and I'm not talking about just garbage fish. I mean good eating fish of all different sizes

Now if I want to go to some place in shore and fish with the kids, I need a license. If I get caught fishing, with my pole, without a license I'll get fined good. Then you got the regulations on the fish themselves. They can't be a certain species of this or that and they can't be more than so many inches or less than so many inches?

The license itself is expensive as well. You want to go and enjoy some fishing with the kids? You gotta pay. I don't see how they justify what the commercial boats can do with what the average angler does. It's just more control over every one. This way they make a buck either way. It seems to me anyway.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
dude it doesn't even look like you read that article.

try again, and don't jump to conclusions this time.

christ.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by hawaiinguy12

Seems to be the Atlantian way???
2nd

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Ya when fishing is a major economic industry of the US? I really see this happening... not. Send me a U2U when this bill gets passed.

P.S. I'm holding my breath.... So I may be dead by then.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
This seems to be the most outlandish accusation yet.

They are addressing sports fisherman. I wouldn't mind catching a sailfish. How would one propose to enforce this anyway? To many places to run, too many places to hide.

To stop Americans from fishing in any capacity will never happen, and although there are some restrictions due to the "fished out" areas, such as size limits, netting restrictions, ect.; this will never happen.

I'm surprised this was on an ESPN site.

Barack Obama: Enemy to all living creatures. :shk:

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by sheswrite

Thank you for pointing out the actual issue. No-one but the OP is saying that Obama "will" ban "all" fishing. The administration "might" issue executive orders that "might" raise questions of constitutional jurisdiction. Fortunately, we still have a Supreme Court that is trained to deal with these things.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Jam you are right on that there is an over abundace by Corporate fishing companies that have over fished the oceans. Anyone Remeber Happy Feet? They shoul do something about that not your casual gone finshing with the kids guys.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TwoPhish

Yes, statistics. But then "they" collect them. Clearly your own research might help convince you. Keep track of the price of deep sea fish when you go shopping. Is it getting cheaper (greater supply) or more expensive (decreasing supply)?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join