It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet X/Niburu in Time for kids magazine

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Okay, sorry if a little random but i see the niburu threads on here and i always remembered a story from when i was young in middle school. i remember it like it was yesterday. i was in the 7th grage. well anyway ill get right to it so i wont waste your time or make a exstensively long thread. But when i was in the 7th grade we used to get time for kids magazines every couple weeks or week or month i cant remember. but i remember what it said perfectly. by the way im 20 years old now so this was in 2001-2002 around that time. We had got a time for fids magazine delivered to our history class and it was titled PLANET X FOUND. I swear to you. on the cover it had like a greenish reddish planet on there in space with no others around it. like a computer imaged remake of the real. when we read it it said that the planet was past pluto. i cant remember the orbit or none of that plus the magazines werent that technical. just informers for the "curriculum". i remember thinkin how cool and it stuck with me all these years. dont know why. well had an idea afta i started to find out about 2012 a couiple years later. well not even 2012. just the fact there was another planet in our solar system. funny how intervention has a way of settng things up. THIS IS NOT A LIE OR HOAX. i for one believe in karma and wouldnt want bad energy coming back to affect me. ive been wanting to poste this and often tell my friends in everyday life. but something jus urged me to post it now. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT IM TALKIN BOUT. or used to get time for kids magazines and remember that issue. if one of youll could, could youll please search for it and post it in this thread if you find it. thank you so much. im kinda bad at finding stuff lol. but i would love to discuss and hear what youll think. and again thanks for listening

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by blaws572

i'm almost twice your age, but i, too, recall multiple exposures to the concept of a "planet x" while i was in elementary school. in my case, though, this would have been the 70s.

i searched a little in regard to your query and though i didn't find the specific example, i did find this time magazine article from 1972 that describes joseph l. brady's (of lawrence livermore national laboratory) new scientific paper proposing the existence of an additional (post-pluto) planet.

don't know how his paper was received, but, like i said, i remember a lot of hullabaloo about a possible (at the time) tenth planet.

his hypothesis used information from observing halley's comet which returned in '82, so i don't know if that information affected his ideas (perhaps he wasn't even alive by then, i don't know).

This week a University of California scientist announced that he may finally have found that elusive target. Writing in the journal of the Astronomical Society of the Pacific, Joseph L. Brady of the Lawrence Livermore Laboratory gave a description of the long-sought tenth planet, complete with its distance from the sun and its current position in the heavens. His "discovery" was made, not by scanning photographic plates, but by analyzing the erratic behavior of Halley's Comet, which comes into view every 76 years (next appearance: 1986), as it nears the sun in its elliptical and far-ranging orbit.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Try this link. It start in 2000 so if you remember what else was in the article, you should be able to find it.

That is unless "they" have erased it. muhahahah.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
thanks for commenting. that is intreesting. im working vigourously to try and find this magazine. hey you think you can get the cover for that magazine and post it. and ill tell you if its any simularities to the 2. like if the government is recycling info and keep throwin it in oujr face knowin we fools. and could you flag me PLEASE cuz i really wana hear wat others have to say

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
100% correct, and then all of a sudden they dropped it and didn't investigate further. (or so they say)

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

lol to network.
...........but ima start lookin noww at ur link. thanks much

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by FoxStriker
100% correct, and then all of a sudden they dropped it and didn't investigate further. (or so they say)

oh you rememba 2??

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

Try this link. It start in 2000 so if you remember what else was in the article, you should be able to find it.

That is unless "they" have erased it. muhahahah.

your link is the same one im searching on. thanks though

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
My guess is that the article probably referred to the discovery of Quaoar?

en.wikipedia.org...

I remember it being quite a big media story at the time since it was the largest object discovered in the solar system since Pluto.

Of course, since then we've found loads more trans Neptunian objects including the dwarf planet Eris.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
My guess is that the article probably referred to the discovery of Quaoar?

en.wikipedia.org...

I remember it being quite a big media story at the time since it was the largest object discovered in the solar system since Pluto.

Of course, since then we've found loads more trans Neptunian objects including the dwarf planet Eris.

Na my man i remember this specifically named planet x. Then a little later i hear about niburu. Either someones rufflin my feathers or ther's smoke where's fire

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
In fact, there have been a number of references to Planet X or The Tenth Planet, The Lost Planet and so on in science fiction throughout the years. I myself remember a Doctor Who series back in the mid-sixties starring William Hartnel called the Tenth Planet. This planet, then called Mondas I think, was inhabited by the original cybermen, who of course invaded Earth.

I think that this idea has been bantered about for decades.

[edit on 9/3/2010 by TheLoneArcher]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

Infact, if I remember rightly, this was the sister planet of Earth. On its closest approach to this planet, the inhabitants of Mondas, the cybermen, landed and sarted the invasion, which involved gentically and mechinaclly altering humans. However, this was in order to create more cybermen, rather like the Borg of STNG.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
A couple of news stories about the discovery of Quaoar:

If this is not 'Planet X', what is it?

Almost Planet X

And one about Varuna:

Hindu god points way to planet X

Either of these discoveries could very likely have produced a headline in Time for Kids about Planet X having been found

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Planet X is just the name they give to all found planets until they are identified, named and cataloged. All those finds over the years could have been a "planet x" at one time or another. No real mystery here at all. Where is the Phage when you need him?

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
When I was a kid in the 90's, i had a science book, and there was a whole section dedicated to planet x, it mentioned a strange orbit, but I don't remember the details too much. I'd kill to get that book back. But I do have something interesting, this guy has put a lot of the dots together, and this video shows the orbit inwhich he thinks planet x is on.

www.the-rabbits-hole.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by blaws572
Okay, sorry if a little random but i see the niburu threads on here and i always remembered a story from when i was young in middle school. i remember it like it was yesterday. i was in the 7th grage. well anyway ill get right to it so i wont waste your time or make a exstensively long thread. But when i was in the 7th grade we used to get time for kids magazines every couple weeks or week or month i cant remember. but i remember what it said perfectly. by the way im 20 years old now so this was in 2001-2002 around that time. We had got a time for fids magazine delivered to our history class and it was titled PLANET X FOUND. I swear to you. on the cover it had like a greenish reddish planet on there in space with no others around it. like a computer imaged remake of the real. when we read it it said that the planet was past pluto. i cant remember the orbit or none of that plus the magazines werent that technical. just informers for the "curriculum". i remember thinkin how cool and it stuck with me all these years. dont know why. well had an idea afta i started to find out about 2012 a couiple years later. well not even 2012. just the fact there was another planet in our solar system. funny how intervention has a way of settng things up. THIS IS NOT A LIE OR HOAX. i for one believe in karma and wouldnt want bad energy coming back to affect me. ive been wanting to poste this and often tell my friends in everyday life. but something jus urged me to post it now. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT IM TALKIN BOUT. or used to get time for kids magazines and remember that issue. if one of youll could, could youll please search for it and post it in this thread if you find it. thank you so much. im kinda bad at finding stuff lol. but i would love to discuss and hear what youll think. and again thanks for listening

yeah i remember too in public school (i'm 21) everyone was talking about a new planet that was found, then people started saying its not a planet and then i didn't hear about it again and when ever i brought it up people would say yeah they discouvered its not a planet so who cares? ... lol

[edit on 9-3-2010 by sv_gravity 800]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

Infact, if I remember rightly, this was the sister planet of Earth. On its closest approach to this planet, the inhabitants of Mondas, the cybermen, landed and sarted the invasion, which involved gentically and mechinaclly altering humans. However, this was in order to create more cybermen, rather like the Borg of STNG.

maybe soo?? i remember watching a project camelot video of alex mccollum i think his name was. well he was talkin bout star gates and the existence of cyborgs that used to be on earth but left for another planet. hey maybe the egyptian and sumerian and mayan hieros they think are men in space suits are really cyborgs with equipment. far fetched but jus tryin put 2 and 2

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
Planet X is just the name they give to all found planets until they are identified, named and cataloged. All those finds over the years could have been a "planet x" at one time or another. No real mystery here at all. Where is the Phage when you need him?

well then how many new planets have they found in our solar system. cuz ive heard about 3 new ones they found that youll reported on my thread. is the government lying to us about how big our solar system really is. and that a planet with an opposite orbit is really there?? i mean remember how earth and our asteroid belt was really made. by a collision of two celestial bodies. could it be that niburu was already there. and our planet and maybe a couple others are new ones that were added because of that collision. that maybe why they say that planet x has a different orbit. because it might be the original orbit. i dont know. jus brainstorming

[edit on 10-3-2010 by blaws572]

[edit on 10-3-2010 by blaws572]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   

im the same age and i remember it to it also was talkin about pluto not bein a planet anymore

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by BreakinThEwaLL

yep thats the one. i just gota fing the magazine now. the cover was epic. i think if people see the cover. theyll understand more. i went to wicomico middle school. whered you go??

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join