It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have they woken the spleeping GIANT?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   

The American People have taken a lot of guff over the years.

Some have said that the problems we are in now, are because of our seemingly, irreverent attitude, towards the political arena. I would like to say that this in part, is true. You could say that the people were preoccupied or even uninterested in what the government was doing. That was the way of our government for many years. The system was so good, that it really ran itself. Of course until they started to mess with it. They started giving things away. They started to steal from one to give to another. They started to tax every aspect of every activity. Etc etc etc.

I think they are awake now. I would almost say it is analogous to the Tom Clancy novel, where he referred to the KGB, as a sleeping giant and if it was to be awoken, there would be hell to pay.

Well there is hell to pay.

I do not care what party you are from, I do not care what paradigm side you are on. I do not care if you think the Constitution is toilet paper (actually I do, but I am in a flow).

If you think people are not awake now, you are living in a fantasy world.

The corruption is boiling over. The absolute disdain politicians feel for the average Joe is fueling the fire. The left thinks that if they can just get this health care through, everything will be great. The right thinks if they can just stop this health care everything will be great. The banks think if they can keep there heads out of the nooses everything will be great.

I am sorry folks. Everything will not be great. Our government has broken the faith. They have told the people, that normally do not pay attention, to shut up and sit down. These politicians and the people that are usually politically active do not know what to make of the TPM.

The repubs have tried to takeover, from what I see, they have had a slight success. The dems have tried to marginalize the movement and has only made it grow. Now the Obama made a really big mistake and has mocked the movement with a Coffee Movement of their own. Which by the way wants higher taxes, bigger government and more corruption of American Ideals.

Are you listening Washington? If you do not fall back to what the Constitution stands for, the people will make you.

Obama is a sock puppet. It does not matter what people think of him. It matters what the American People think of Washington in general.

The last numbers say that 60% of the country thinks government is broken.

Do you know what Americans do with things that are broken. They usually throw it away.

[edit on 3/9/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I never considered myself much of a political type of girl. I found it boring and rather....well, pointless.

My attitude has changed greatly in the last couple of years. Perhaps its simply maturing, perhaps its my growing awareness of the cancer that is devouring our country.

When I was a teenager, I used to lament the loss of a "great cause" for my generation. I would think of the civil rights movement, women's suffrage, etc and long to be a part of fundamental change.

Guess what. Think I found something worthwhile.

Even my parents, who are staunch conservatives in EVERY facet of their lives are wakening up. My Dad sends me emails about corruption in government....trust me when I say this is a huge reversal of attitude.

Now if only this movement can coalesce, define itself, and get started....

S&F.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Yes, it is growing and changing. One thing that I have noticed is that a lot of young people are getting involved.

Now standard political beliefs is that they would more than likely lean to the left of the political arena.

Only one thing wrong with that assumption. Big government has brought us here. Everyone knows this. The left is trying to hammer the point across that we need bigger government.

Yeah, bigger government. I still need someone to explain that to me.

Anyway, thanks for the comment.

And tell your parents to hit ATS. It is for us older folk to.

And I have to add my gratuitous gif.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/33b74a189f15.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

I don't think my parents are open-minded enough to visit ATS.....mainly the alien/ufo information would give them an apopolexy.

Whenever there's interesting info posted here, I just copy the source and send it by email. I want to keep them around for a while, after all.....

Thanks for the thread!

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I would have to agree that I personally believe that Obama has repeatedly kicked the sleeping giant and has shocked him from his slumbering sleep and nothing is going to put the giant back to sleep until he has had his fill of those that provoked him from his slumber. The giant is hungry and must feed on the bones and blood of those that dared to wake him.

What I really find interesting about this thought is that most of the mass awakening of the sleeping giant was brought about by Obama himself.

This puzzles me because the one man who does not want us to wake up is responsible for more people waking up and is personally responsible for more guns and ammo being sold in the last 18 months than any threat that could have alarmed the citizens into going out and buying so many guns and ammo. This is indeed an anomaly that stuns me.

The sleeping giant is awake because of Obama and I for one would never have thought that the one man who needs us to remain asleep is the sole reason America is waking up. This is a strange fact that makes me ponder just how someone like Obama who is trying so hard to keep the sheep asleep, can awaken so many people from their hypnotic sleep and in such a short time by pursuing an Obama agenda that seems to snap people out of their slumber and sleep with great ease and with great speed.

Oh well, it is indeed a strangeness, but the giant has awakened an he is hungry for those that dared to wake him. Sooner or later, the giant is going to feed on those that dared him to awaken and when he does, I for one will not consider it a bad thing. In fact, if the giant should ask for some gravy, I would be more than gracious to offer him some gravy so he can enjoy his meal of traitors and corrupt criminals with some degree of culinary delight.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by MaxBlack

Thanks for running with it.

Gotta have gravy with the corruption.

I hope they throw out every last one of the entrenched. That is what is needed to start real investigations into what the hell has been going on in that den of thieves.

Thanks for the comment.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Don't forget to educate your children! Alot of parents want to keep their kids "shielded" from current events and want them to think life is sunny and happy and the world is great. It is important to converse with your children, this is in the only way that they can learn to think critically and independently. Remember that they are the next generation to hold the cards as our time is almost over. Teach your children to question authority, teach them compassion, teach them how to garden, cook, tie knots, fix things. Teach them the joy of reading, thinking, solving, teach them everything you can. It is the one most important things you can do for your child and the world.
Peace.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Every day, I feel more foolish for actually daring to feel optimistic that Obama would actually deliver the change that he promised. Oh, well, fool me once as they say. I am also growing more and more convinced that the so-called health care bill hubbub is just a smoke screen to get people riled up and distracted while the government gets their bunkers under the Denver New World Airport ready for 2012. Perhaps I should go gun shopping too.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
The us government has been absolutely amazing since the start of 1900 century. Everything has gone after the plan,both war tactics,own government tactics. I am amazed. The government has NEVER been bigger.

Will it become a war..?? Yes..the war was planned in 1954,because it is needed. Does every large country know about it?Yes..everyone exept norway and austria. Do the public know anything? Are you nuts? that would be suicide

[edit on 9-3-2010 by Archirvion]

[edit on 9-3-2010 by Archirvion]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Usa has been the most brilliant tactical war country since the first world war. At least what we have facts of.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mutantgenius

My family are what is referred to as Renaissance people. Of course we grew up on Air bases and in my childhood, a farm.

Yes, spread the knowledge. Do not hide anything or you hinder critical thinking.

Agreed fully with your comment.

Peace.

reply to post by warpcrafter

Do not feel foolish. Many people fell for the same thing many, many times. I use to think the Repubs had our backs. Now I can see neither party does.

reply to post by Archirvion

Well, we had steam going into the 20th century. We faltered in the GD and went against the tenets that made this country great. The 2nd world war brought out the manufacturing fever the world had never seen before.

As for tactical genius, yes, I will admit the expansionist doctrine helped our country, and many countries of the world to expand like no one could ever have imagined.

But now, we need to see that we as a world need to step back and decide what we want to do. Do we want to be ruled by the few, or do we want to be ruled by ourselves, which brought us to this point in history.

Thanks for the comment.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
When the doctrine of allegiance to party can utterly up-end a man's moral constitution and make a temporary fool of him besides, what excuse are you going to offer for preaching it, teaching it, extending it, perpetuating it? Shall you say, the best good of the country demands allegiance to party? Shall you also say it demands that a man kick his truth and his conscience into the gutter, and become a mouthing lunatic, besides?

That is a quote from Samuel Langhorne Clemens... AKA Mark Twain in Advice to Youth (5/15/1882).

He had a lot to say on the subject of corrupt governments.

Citizenship? We have none! In place of it we teach patriotism which Samuel Johnson said a hundred and forty or a hundred and fifty years ago was the last refuge of the scoundrel -- and I believe that he was right. I remember when I was a boy and I heard repeated time and time again the phrase, 'My country, right or wrong, my country!' How absolutely absurd is such an idea. How absolutely absurd to teach this idea to the youth of the country. (1907)

In another work... "Our Country, Right or Wrong!"
[Twain then predicted] But it was too late to save the Great Republic. ...She was rotten to the heart. Lust of conquest had long ago done its work; trampling upon the helpless abroad had taught her, by a natural process, to endure with apathy the like at home; multitudes who had applauded the crushing of other people's liberties, lived to suffer for their mistake in their own persons.

People been beating that drum for over a hundred years and no one has ever successfully woken the sheep from the stupor

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Well damn it, we have to continue do beat that drum. At least until someone wakes up or I get a bloody headache.

Thanks for the comment.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe

Well damn it, we have to continue do beat that drum. At least until someone wakes up or I get a bloody headache.

Thanks for the comment.

I never said they wouldn't wake up...
the question is when...

Will that be before they find friends neighbours and family whisked away in the dark of night. Hear those whispered rumors about rounding up perceived enemies of the state? Maybe but as long as they have American Idol to watch they might not care..

On the flip side... it should scare the hell out of the TPTB to know there are people like me/us out here... well educated well read able to think for ourselves and not afraid to act in the face in injustice...

I have no doubts I'm on more than one naughty list

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I resemble that remark.

The naughty list. Almost sounds Christmasy.

Yes, I believe it does scare them. Especially people that say they have a line and it will not be crossed.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I love your threads.

The one thing that gets me is that we have the right to "alter or abolish" government if it is no longer working. We could very well abolish the Constitutional Amendments 11 through 22 and go back to the simple and elegant Bill of Rights...enumerated for all regardless of race, color, ethnicity, sex, etc.

Or we could even do away with the Constitution and revive the Articles of Confederation for 2010.

I'm with the Anti-Federalists on this one.

Bring back the Articles of Confederation, we can tweak them.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

You know I have been racking my brain on possible ways to go about stopping the power of the Federal Government and bringing back our rights.

I think the Free Staters have a good idea. Congregate people of like minds for freedom. The thing they forgot to bring in though was the business. Business and freedom go hand in hand.

I think that may be the way to go. We need to go to a state and start pushing our ideals on freedom. No government intervention in our lives. Then pull all Federal interference in the state. Which is absolutely legal and RIGHT.

Thanks for the compliment.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   

I think the Free Staters have a good idea. Congregate people of like minds for freedom. The thing they forgot to bring in though was the business. Business and freedom go hand in hand.

Do you know of anyone that has done anything like that in your State? i have been trying to find people who have Lawfully opted out of the Government De Facto that has been set up for us...but to no avail.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

Only the Amish and Mennonite communities I have mentioned in several threads.

I have been splitting my time between investigating the Declaration of Individual Sovereignty and vetting politicians in my state this year. There are several Libertarians on ballots for the fall. Some of them, I swear, could be me.

I am beginning to hear the saying in regards to government, "there is nothing we can do" less and hearing the "we must do something".

The position of smaller and less intrusive government is on a HUGE upswing these last few years, due to the obvious control move the Federal Government has made over the last 10 years. Hopefully our position can take this motivation and swing it back to where our country belongs. Constitutional Libertarianism.

I am and have always been, the individualistic type, I do not really join together with groups. I am much better suited to leading, like in my business pursuits or supervisory positions. I do not know of any groups investigating the Sovereignty move here in Wisconsin. The move is to crush this, because if it succeeds at all, the people will follow.

If I have any more info on the Sovereignty issue. I will be posting it on my Individual Sovereignty thread. I am trying to put everything together first though, before I put it out there. I do not want anyone to get in trouble by my mistakes of not enough investigation.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   

I hope with all my heart that you are correct and it's only a matter of time before people come together and action is the word of the day. I for one have had quite enough of the massive corruption of our country's governence and I think we have no choice but to either act or become slaves to the elite corporatists.

I do not necessarily mean violence but I do mean whatever it takes! We at least need to stop politics from being a career choice and make it only a duty. Also I think limits on each person's total time in politics, regardless of the position is required. The limits should work to keep politicians from hop scotching from post to post, making their duty an easy street career. Last, for God sakes, remove the lobbyists! These are just a few things I feel would help drastically in restoring our country to the rightful hands of the people.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join