It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Beast Is Listening To You Now!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Youtube has recently added the Google speech recognition software to most of their videos for the Deaf and hard of hearing people.

I have recently viewed some youtube videos using this technology and was amazed at how good it was. It was not accurate, but it was good enough.

YouTube is making the tens of millions of videos it hosts more accessible to the deaf and hard of hearing by putting automatic captions on them.

The Google-owned company said this use of speech recognition technology is probably the biggest experiment of its kind online.

news.bbc.co.uk...

You know the supercomputers that CIA and NSA and others have used to read every email and IM to look for words that are of interest to them such as terrorism, bomb, jihad, etc. Emails like that are red flagged.

But ever since the Patriot Act, it would be difficult for them to listen in on the phone communications. They would have to hire so many people. There are millions of people using cell phone.

Now, with this technology, it is very possible. Every conversation is being fed to the system and processed and if there are certain terms or sentences spoken, they will be red flagged and *YOU* will be suspected of being a terrorist or perhaps a troublemaker??? Maybe an ATS member?

I remember the saying that the military has technology 10-20 years ahead of current technology. I am thinking... this technology has just been applied for the general public

So speak carefully now (probably too late) because the Beast is listening now.

[edit on 9-3-2010 by Deaf Alien]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Now eh?

Are you just now seeing this or have you intentionally ignored it for all these years?

Didn't something register the day you learned that every text-message in New York on 9/11 was accessible for reading all these years later?

Everything you say, every crime you admit, every flaw you display and every weakness you share, here online, will be searchable (and usable) for as long as technology still stands.

Did you not watch the MSM instantly connect the Pentagon shooter with his online activities and his blogs on conspiracy (even using his online-admitted marijuana use) and then using them to damage "conspiracy types"?

Get it?

Its not even important for "you" to type things to get hurt. You can easisly be lumped in with murderers and rapists if you post "similar" views as these criminals.

That guy murdered people...loved conspiracy.

I do not murder people...but post often on a conspiracy site.

See a danger there? Yes? No?

Dosn't matter, millions of idiots are still busy posting messages about crimes they commit, drugs they take, and perverted fantasies they have. It is ALL being saved.

And down the road, people will have a ball with access to such information.

Sure...you have no problems today typing "screw the government" and "lets get toasted dude"...but when that one sentence gets you fired from your job 20 years from now, you will wonder how dumb you were.

Why do YOU think every news station, radio station, TV show and super star spent all last year making twitter a household name?

Twitter isn't new...but in the course of 6 months, the media made it a number 1 site on the net.

20 years from now, that Keg party in the woods that you tweeted about can be used to assassinate your character and remove you from congress, take your children from you, implement you within a crime or worse.

People who do not see the systematic collecting of their personal information (down to the passing thought) as dangerous, are just "stupid".

And it seems that the younger they are, the bigger chance they have at being a brainwashed imbecile all hooked on some small gadget that spies on them every day.

All that info, private or not, will one day be as easy to obtain as it is for anyone to download a free DoS game from the 80s, today.

Call me paranoid...Don't care.

Just don't expect me to tweet about it.

PS- I star n flagged you. Just for bringing up this subject. It is one I rant about in the real world when I am busy running up to strangers and screaming at them about the NWO-disclosure-Chemtrail-FEMAcamps-eugenics-thingy.
[edit on 9-3-2010 by Mr Mask]

[edit on 9-3-2010 by Mr Mask]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Are you just now seeing this or have you intentionally ignored it for all these years?

Seeing what? That the supercomputers have been analyzing every email, text message, IM, document, and whatnot? Oh I have known this for a long time.

However, what is new is that they now have a software that has the ability to translate your speech into words! They have been working on this for decades and now it's out in the open. Imagine what they have in secret.

Do you remember those commercials and software back then by IBM (or whatever) that could recognize your voice and will type for you as you speak? That was very primitive.

Millions of people talk on cell phones every day. They now have the technology to process all of that! IMs, emails, etc. are small potatoes!

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

PS- I star n flagged you. Just for bringing up this subject. It is one I rant about in the real world when I am busy running up to strangers and screaming at them about the NWO-disclosure-Chemtrail-FEMAcamps-eugenics-thingy.

I thank you for that.

A lot of people just do not realize how advanced we are.

The only thing left is mind reading. Wait, what if they already have the technology?

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

The big data dump that is "humanity" is growing every day.

Yes...technology exists to "abuse" that data.

And imagine what it is all going to evolve into after 20-something years of Moore's law (not to mention Bell's).

Its pretty fricken crazy to look at what the world is becoming...even just technologically.

10 years from now, an average guy will have access to tech to make the movies of today right in his basement.

And they will also have the ability to be a
Radioactive Boy-scout.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Dragon naturally speaking voice software has been able to take speech to text once trained for many years, however google able to do this without training is rather interesting. Just shows you what the echelon and similar monitoring systems can do. Google - Filter the search, filter the info.

[edit on 9/3/10 by GhostR1der]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

Yes. Like I said, that software and others were primitive. You had to train the software to recognize your speech.

Now it seems that there is no need for training.

They process every text that goes through the internet. Now imagine the cell phone conversations.

Like I said, I have seen some youtube videos with that software installed and was amazed at how accurate the CC was.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I do not know if I have explained it clearly?

This is not about computers reading text messages, emails, IMs, etc.

This is about them LISTENING in on the cell phone VOICE conversations.

I guess I went at this the wrong way?

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Deaf...a s&f for the "heads-up".

And...nah I understand what you said, so you went about it the right way!

Mask...a star for you too! Your points are valid, and add to my thought process. It's not going to be pretty when we get to see our life run before our eyes courtesy of google instead of it being the end of life experience.

I come here to let y'all make me think, and this thread does just that! Thank-you!

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
reply to post by Mr Mask

I thank you for that.

A lot of people just do not realize how advanced we are.

The only thing left is mind reading. Wait, what if they already have the technology?

Twenty years does seem a bit optimistic; I always prefer to believe that 'the future is now.'

top topics

join