It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NanoKnife: Cancer Breakthrough Without Radiation or Drugs

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blazer
Sadly this will most likely be yet another one of those breakthrough cancer cures/procedures that hit the news and then are never heard from again.

Pisses me off...how come nobody ever follows up on this sort of thing...what ends up happening to all of these breakthroughs? The same thing happens with amazing new energy producing products..."wow this will change the world", 1 week later - *crickets*...after 2 weeks its never talked about again and everyone forgets it.

I think the thing with a lot of the heralded break throughs you hear about is that you are hearing about them early on in the R & D stages. Chances are that most won't make it through clinical trials and those that do take a long time to get there.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ver3298

ver3298 go to top of page click "tools" then click" messages"

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by OLD HIPPY DUDE

No good, Blocked from U2U/PM and chat.

He/She will receive?(does the system block sending to

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ver3298

ver3298 call Dr. Wongs office and get my email address and phone # I am patient # 7

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
To up date people , at 3 months my PSA was 0.7 Had my 6 month PSA it was 0.5
Dr.s I talk to say not to have a biopsy with that low PSA.
Last April I was told I had prostate cancer this April I appear to be cancer free.
Yea, IRE: NANO KNIFE!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
[[[[[ UP DATE]]]]]]]]]]]

For those intrested , it has been 1 year since my IRE treatment on my prostate , my PSA is 0.6
So far so good..
For those who don't know a perfect PSA is 0.0
In Nov. 2009 my PSA was 3.9 and jumped up in 6mo.(April 2010) to 4.3 Thats when I had a biopsy and was told I had prostate cancer. Had the IRE Oct. 4,2010.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
((((((UP DATE ))))))

To those interested in IRE at 14 months my G.P. checked my prostate said, my prostate was so small he thought I had had it removed. It is now 18 months after my IRE and my PSA is 0.7

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
For those interested tomorrow Oct. 4 it will be 2 years since my IRE nano knife procedure, and my PSA is 0.5.and everything is normal, no side effects.
IRE should be a first choice, because , IF it fails you can always try another procedure, but if you try another procedure first IRE is not a option.
Making a choice for prostate or any other cancer is not easy, hope you make the right choice for you.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Or you can just understand the Endo-cannabinoid system.. you know that system of receptors all over your body that controls the mechanisms to destroy mutated cells. I wonder if there is something in nature that can boost that oh so important system...hmmmmm.... some plant maybe...
I just signed up to this website and I am amazed at the amount of disinformation and derailing going on...I even saw that moderators were deleting posts regarding this unmentioned source of cannabinoids... ridiculous. Over 600 articles on Pubmed.gov... the U.S. defense dept. is now funding the research being done at California Pacific Medical Center with CBD(cannabidiol). You people are utterly lost and confused it seems... so I am here to help you. The researchers at CPMC recently went public with their research on how CBD prevents metastasis.. they already published research showing that THC killed cancer cells as well as CBD.. but they found that when they were combined that a unique reaction occurred independently of the cb receptors and was much stronger than either cannabinoid separately, but now that the defense dept is involved it seems that had to scrap using THC at all. So it's just CBD for now, which is still very potent at fighting cancer. Human trials are coming up, they will be successful and you will finally have a semi magic bullet for most cancers although they may introduce a weak version that only helps prevent metastasis at first so the pharmaceutical companies can rake in a few more billion.

Here's a little clip of what they found before the government got involved...

"We therefore tested cannabidiol (CBD), the second most abundant plant derived cannabiniod, in combination with Δ9-THC. In U251 and SF126 glioblastoma cell lines, Δ9-THC and CBD acted synergistically to inhibit cell proliferation. The treatment of glioblastoma cells with both compounds led to significant modulations of the cell cycle and induction of reactive oxygen species (ROS) and apoptosis as well as specific modulations of extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK) and caspase activities. These specific changes were not observed with either compound individually, indicating that the signal transduction pathways affected by the combination treatment were unique. Our results suggest that the addition of CBD to Δ9-THC may improve the overall effectiveness of Δ9-THC in the treatment of glioblastoma in cancer patients."

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

And here is the recent media release...

www.thedailybeast.com...

Although there is tons of good research in the works on cannabinoids vs cancer I found this very compelling and credible because one of the researchers is trying to save his sister's life who has aggressive breast cancer.
edit on 7-10-2012 by casualtysr because: important side note

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join