It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A time comes in your life when you finally get it.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I was using stumbleupon tonight and I came across a short essay/article that pretty much hit the nail on the head for me. It's pretty amazing what you come across when using Stumble isn't it? I like to ask myself a question and click the button and see what happens, it's amazed me a few times.

Here is a small snippet:

A time comes in your life when you finally get…when, in the midst of all your fears and insanity, you stop dead in your tracks and somewhere the voice inside your head cries out…ENOUGH1 Enough fighting and crying and blaming and struggling to hold on. Then, like a child quieting down after a tantrum, you blink back your tears and begin to look at the world through new eyes.

Anyway, have a look and enjoy!

The Awakening

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   

You learn that there is power and glory in creating and contributing and you stop maneuvering through life merely as a “consumer” looking for you next fix.

What a beautiful essay.

The above post really resonated with me. It addresses one of the biggest problems I have with the current state of America today.

So many of us are more concerned with enterainment than actual life. Just look at how many people can't go a week without watching American Idol, talking about the Oscars, reading a magazine about Hollywood. It saturates every aspect of our lives, and frankly it depresses me.

Is our society really that shallow? Do we really need to live our lives vicariously through celebrities? Are we just consumers moving from one product to the next?

I hope this is not the case, but I fear it might be. Hopefully I'm not the only one who feels this way.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I know we are currently living in a world of distraction. I even catch myself still getting lost in it, wanting the latest and greatest. It's a hard thing to break and only the strongest willed can do it, at least for now.

Huxley and Orwell were both right imo.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Why and to whom was this essay written for?

It is not meant for everyone, who is it meant for?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Ive actually posted this essay already. Its really good.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
This just sounds like another narcissistic fool who had to learn the hard way. I take it she beat up her world (her body) pretty bad before coming to such conclusions. This speaks volumes for how the majority work these days. So to will all of humanity. In the last minute, when all is lost and we're moments (relatively speaking) from extinction, the majority will wake up, look around, and say, "I was so unaware".

Anyways, I give her about a placebo's worth of acceptance here, about 30%. Most of what she says is still really naive and foolish, IMO.

[edit on 10-3-2010 by unityemissions]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Jess_Undefined

Hey Jess.

Wishing you as well as can be.

Where did you post the essay would be nice to read the thread.

OP it is a great essay.

I have seen and heard it written by Bandler (NLP Founder and Hypnotherapist) and also by Dr Wayne Dyer in his NLP days in trying to get people to to get to the point of "Enough" so that they make conscious changes in their life, rather than just keep going on.

Maybe Dwyer took it from Bandler?

Originally posted by unityemissions
Anyways, I give her about a placebo's worth of acceptance here, about 30%. Most of what she says is still really naive and foolish, IMO.

Have you ever given too much to people and been used, then one day said enough?

Have you ever been bullied then one day said enough?

Have you ever been treated badly in work and one day said "Enough?"

If not 100% of people here can see that in their past.

The differance between those though who actually make a change and stop moaning and blaming others, and make the life they want, is the ones who have the courage to do something about it.

That acceptance pomit of playing the victim, drunk, abuser, bully, perfectionist is the SEED of any change for the better.

To put it in the words of Winston Churchill who explains this whole concept succintly

Sometimes people are going through life and stumble and fall over the truth.

Usually however they just pick themselves up, brush themselves off and carry on (the same path as before)

I think it is Naive imho to imagine otherwise

Kind Regards,

Elf

Edit for reply to Unity.

[edit on 10-3-2010 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Thank you I appreciate it! Here's the link!

www.belowtopsecret.com...

I never knew who it was written by it was definetly an awesome essay, has alot of good stuff in it.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
...thx for posting... all in all, its an entertaining website - lots to read there... as for the awakening piece - it needs editing but thats my forte and, sometimes, i can be obsessively anal retentive about it... overall, its a sweet piece - even the parts i dont agree with...

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
On the OP site there is a very relevant to ATS and it's members short Poem I had not read before.

Here's to the Crazy Ones

Here's to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The troublemakers. The round
pegs in the square holes - the
ones who see things differently.
They're not fond of rules and
they have no respect for
the status quo. You can praise
them, disagree with them,
quote them, disbelieve them,
glorify or vilify them.