It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South African Ranger! Incredible (pics)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
It's amazing that guy can even walk with the ginourmous set of cohones in his pants.

Either he's crazy or he's the bravest man on the planet.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaalphanovember
My worry is that foreigners seeing these photo's will think they can do the same. Every now and again we read of Americans or Japanese who get out of their cars and try stand next to a lion so they can pose for a pic.
They look cuddly and cute. They aren't.

These lions killed a human intruder a couple of years ago.
Link

Wow, and yet they interact so well with the owner. Well that just goes to show that animals will be animals.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
You can't just walk up to an adult lion and think it won't do anything, especially one that's been shot with a tranquilizer and put on display for money. Long ago, I had a neighbor who owned a male lion and a female tiger both 1 month old, and it's the same as having a 1 month old puppy. I grew up with them until they were about 3 years of age, neighbor moved back to India. They're both tough as steel, growing up together with them was an experience. I was about 185 pounds, they would take me for rides around the property with ease. Not once did I ever feel threatened, they know that a human is frail and weak, so whenever they would play with me, their touch would be extremely gentle. It was amazing.

[edit on 9-3-2010 by deadforce]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by dwiggen
Is it just me, or do a lot of those pictures look fake? Well-done fakes, mind you, but a lot of the images seem to be off. Something about the lighting and clarity or something.... I can't quite put my finger on it.

If you think the pics are fake, you have a youtube video of him doing the same stuff. One or two posts above yours that I quoted.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I've never seen pictures of a man with a hyena like that.

Those photos are amazing.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Please tell me you're just trolling. If not, then I think you've seen one too many Disney films. Animals don't kill us out of vengeance, they kill us because we're easy prey. That, or some foolhardy person like this fellow, overstepped his boundaries and presented an immediate threat. They have no knowledge of the corporate world, or of humanities overall misdeeds to the animal kingdom. It's naive beliefs like this that ultimately cause more trouble for our animal kin.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
The name of this website is ABOVE top secret. Below top secret is the place to go for things like this, hence BELOW top secret. And, this makes front page...ridic.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I don't know about all of you, but if I was a big alpha male lion, and some male creature smarter than me came up hugging and kissing me, talking to me in a baby tone, showing all this love, I think I would have to eat him.

Lions aren't suppose to be cuddly kitty cats. Lions are born killers, apex predator, and you have this man trying to make love biscuits with them. I love what this man is doing, I just think he is counting his days now.

On the other hand, this man is very brave, I can't even touch a spider.

But as that saying goes, you have bold pilots, and you have old pilots, but you don't have any old, bold pilots.

In this instance, the pilot reference=him/men like him for those who like to get overly corrective.

[edit on 9-3-2010 by milkmustache]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I saw a video about him a few months ago, and it's really incredible how he interacts with wild animals.

We need more people like him on this Earth.

S&F

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by milkmustache

That's not what an alpha male does at all.
Most of the times the alpha male just hangs out with the females.
But when TSHTF the Alpha male is an alpha male for a reason. And you better hope you aren't on the recieving end of the Can of Whoopass he just opened up.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Someone correct me if i am wrong, but are any of those animals tame, or reared from berth? If its a lion park like that, i would think some of those animals are not wild. If they are wild, ill bet it took him a year or more of slowly encroaching on their boundaries untill they realized he was not a threat......Also, the cojones on that one, i imagine if he felt the slightest fear or hesitation in the initial trust earning stages he would of been on the menu...

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paradox.
The name of this website is ABOVE top secret. Below top secret is the place to go for things like this, hence BELOW top secret. And, this makes front page...ridic.

Actually I placed this on Fragile Earth because all life on this planet is fragile, no matter how large or small. Now if you have a deep concern about where this thread should have been placed then take it up with a moderator. They interpret and enforce the rules.

And besides, is it not a nice break to see something positive on this website instead of the 95% gloom and doom?

[edit on 9-3-2010 by solarstorm]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...

The interaction between him and the animals is really cool, I would trade places with him in a heartbeat

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm
2nd to last photo is my favorite.

Wow! That's incredible to see.

However....I predict a violent end for him at the hands of one of these animals one day.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
They certainly trust him. Maybe animals are that smart they know humans are generally a threat to them, so they attack in self defence?

You can tell he loves them...

It's probably a good bet that the animals' stomachs are stuffed with food BEFORE they have any contact with him.

Because....if one of the cats accidentally scratched him...and they smelled blood, they could instinctively fight over him as a piece of meat.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

Now something I am confused about is that the op states that this is just some guy going out to the jungle making friends with beasts...

However, if you go out to the website that was linked in the OP's article, it says, and I quote:

"The lions he's interacting with are on his private reserve and he is the only one allowed to interact with them."

So it's not like he's going out to some random jungle and all of the sudden he's St Francis or anything like this.

What he's doing is impressive, not to take away from that, but the original post was not quite positioning it as animals on a private reserve....

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

ive seen pics like these before, but never really thought hyena's were that big so I googled it...the cab weigh up to 200 pounds...thats a dang big animal, with the strongest bite per square inch ...pretty impressive!

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Seen it before, but awesome still.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Those aren't wild animals. He raised them and they know him. If those were wild animals, he would be in 20 pieces by now.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
it looks like he just photoshopped himself into some of these. he overdoes the poses.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join