It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South African Ranger! Incredible (pics)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Great picks sure - especially if the guy's a to fill Steve Erwin wannabe - Which is exactly what it looks like he's trying to do in my opinion.

That being said? As for me, I'd rather see the lions and hyenas doing what comes NATURALLY and eating this guy instead of being debased into posing like puddy-tats and fido...

Disgusting.

But cool thread none the less.

peace

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

That is amazing! I guess you always make sure they are well fed prior to any visit.

[edit on 9-3-2010 by davec0021]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Reminds me of a documentary I once saw.....

Wasn't it called "Grizzly Man"?

But Kudos to this guy. Brave man/Stupid fool

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I don't know how this guy does it. He is one insane dude, but hats off to him. Got more balls than I do, that's for damn sure.
I wonder how long it took him to be able to interact with the animals like that. Let just hope it lasts, we all know how it usually turns out for people like that.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
That being said? As for me, I'd rather see the lions and hyenas doing what comes NATURALLY

What, are you seriously suggesting the animals you mentioned do not show affection to each other in their packs/prides? If they were doing what comes natually to animals in the wild who have been exposed to humans, they would be running for their lives (hint; we are the species that generally kill all other animals).

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Firstly, can I ask time walker were he found those pictures i find it incredible. Secondly, to the op, great find, absolutely beautiful, this should show human life that we all can get along together with other animals, like we know, the media make out a lot of things are dangerous for control, when in fact its not like that at all. There's all different types of personalities in all the animal kingdom. Some humans can not get on with some other humans just like some humans may not get along with certain kind of animals with a different personality, we are the same.

I have no fear of the wild life.

Here's baboons as pets in Nigeria:

Look at the physique of these's Nigerians what do they eat to get like this?

[edit on 9-3-2010 by anonymousproxy]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by dwiggen
Is it just me, or do a lot of those pictures look fake? Well-done fakes, mind you, but a lot of the images seem to be off. Something about the lighting and clarity or something.... I can't quite put my finger on it.

I remember seeing a video of this guy on tv, playing with the heyenas and lions so this is definately not fake.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   

That is just incredible. Thank you for sharing this solar. Fascinating doesn't even begin to describe this man's relationship with those wild animals. I'm speechless.

Cheers,
Strype

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
As already posted, you can read about him here:
www.lionwhisperer.co.za...

The meaning of his entire life were animals around him, so he's not called "whisperer" for nothing. He kept visiting/nurturing most of those animals since their birth so he's basically part of their families. This is not something unique to this day and age, there were known wolf, lion, bear, orca/dolphin, whale, hyena etc. "whisperers" before, interacting with wild animals.

Social animals can accept man as part of their community or family, the non social ones like bears are less likely to find human company interesting. As you can assume, wolves have a long history of human interaction with strong symbiotic bonds.

Anyways, he does have balls to play with them like that, I mean not many people took a bath with lions and wrestled with hyenas.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Thats all fine and good untill one of them eats him.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Just wondering if all of the adult animals pictured with him are familiar with him since they were cubs.
There ARE a couple of pics of him with cubs.
Otherwise, I find it hard to believe it would be as easy to either cuddle with a Hyena or have a bath with a Lioness.

[edit on 9-3-2010 by Bartibog]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Wow absolutely amazing S+F

Him raather than me thoough

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
... Why is he bathing in a river with a lioness

awkward

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Holy # i didn't realise how bloody big lions are, i feel stupid as hell now.

Awesome thread S/F for you.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by timewalker
Those are amazing pics. It is like they know.

S&F

About the Hyena's. They don't mess around in Nigeria.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/98a8d5ed761b.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6a1c429d0265.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/144125a0fca1.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 9-3-2010 by timewalker]

how amazing. a pet Hyena? i would really want to get one if some one can point me the way..

really it would be so cool to have a pet like that. it is somewhat a unique pet i guess

Bruce

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 3/9/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Mark my words, he will get eaten alive someday. Just like that guy who lived with the bears. What a great idea that was too.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by DomhainGràdh
Very impressive - this guy must have a couple of cannon balls weighing um down!

All the same he may want to remind himself of old Steve Irwin every now and again! Fair play to him though, you certainly wouldn't catch my ass doing that, they'd smell the mess in my pants long before I got within breakfast table range!

I'd say he knows he could die, and he accepts that.

Lets compare it to humans, there are plenty of dangerous humans out there, we interact with them everyday, and any one of them could hurt us. It's a risk we take everyday in our lives. I think his relatiosnship with lions is similar.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
wow those are amazing pictures, what worries me is that even though
those animals have a playful behavior they can still be unpredictable and territorial.. but i guess they're tamed or trained at some point. Really nice to
see the pictures though it made me smile

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
What a great thread!!! I love animals esp lions and leopards or ay big cat
I wish I could interact with them the way he does. What a beautiful relationship he has with these animals, one many wish they could have.

S&F!!

My favorite pic is when he is on the ground with the the two lions on their back.. Too cute!!

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
It's all beautiful . . . until they start acting like wild animals and . . . well . . . good luck, dude.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join