It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South African Ranger! Incredible (pics)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+100 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
michaelpaul.posterous.com...

This Ranger has been employed to help prevent poaching around the wildlife refuge area of Lanseria, South Africa . The way he interacts with these animals is absolutely stunning! The lions seem to know he’s there to protect them and clearly they trust him. His charm works with hyenas and leopards too. Hyenas are usually unapproachable and can be vicious.

Ballz of steel. Enjoy!

[edit on 8-3-2010 by solarstorm]

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 9/3/2010 by ArMaP]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
2nd to last photo is my favorite.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Really awesome. Wow. Amazing, I tell you. Mad props to this dude, bet took a lot to not shat bricks upon first meeting/contact.

Lol, such an outrageous idea that humans and fellow animals of earth and God can get along? Can live peacefully not only around, but with, each other? Proposperous. Good stuff. Not all Lions are killers, not all killers are Lions.

Good stuff. Thank you very mucy

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Wow, now those are some awesome photo's. I've never seen anyone EVER take a pic with a hyena before,man Kudos to that guy
thanx for sharing that with us

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by RadiatorOfTheLight
Really awesome. Wow. Amazing, I tell you. Mad props to this dude, bet took a lot to not shat bricks upon first meeting/contact.

Lol, such an outrageous idea that humans and fellow animals of earth and God can get along? Can live peacefully not only around, but with, each other? Proposperous. Good stuff. Not all Lions are killers, not all killers are Lions.

Good stuff. Thank you very mucy

Prolly the most exciting job in the world for this guy. Then again you never know when his last meal is.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
He apparently is not a ranger, he runs www.lion-park.com...

www.dailytelegraph.com.au...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

news.sky.com... le/200903315245291?lpos=World_News_News_Your_Way_Region_3&lid=NewsYourWay_ARTICLE_15245291_Lion_King_Kevi

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by dereks

Good correction if need be. The obvious point is the photos and how man CAN interact with the wild.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Those are amazing pics. It is like they know.

S&F

About the Hyena's. They don't mess around in Nigeria.

[edit on 9-3-2010 by timewalker]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by dereks
He apparently is not a ranger, he runs www.lion-park.com...

Haha was just about to say, i didnt know poaching was a problem in the lion park

He does have an amazing gift with animals tho, when i visited the park we went on our drive with him, he calmly got out the landrover and walked right over to a pride of lions
Thought i was was gonna seem them make a meal of him. Of corse this was years before i saw these emails.
The park is really amazing with a wide variaty of wild animals, but they keep the lions seperat and feed them seperate otherwise their springbok population would disappear LOL

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

This guy is great!

2nd. line

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

That is so cool...i didn't think Hyenas could be domesticated, well maybe it's different over there, still one helluva scary looking pet but beautiful at the same time..awesome!

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
amazing..you can really see how absolutely huge these animals really are...thats one brave guy...

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Is it just me, or do a lot of those pictures look fake? Well-done fakes, mind you, but a lot of the images seem to be off. Something about the lighting and clarity or something.... I can't quite put my finger on it.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Awesome Post!

It's great seeing pictures like this. Just shows you how amazing animals are and how much they can trust people who show them the same trust back.

Absolutely fantastic, cheers!! S&F.

G.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Nice post, some great photographs in that link.

I'd like to point out another falsity though:

Checkout the pictures taken in the river – amazing because lions hate water.

Lions don't hate water at all, in fact there are some significant prides that live in swamps and deltas. Some have even evolved in this environment, with the females in one particular pride being the same size as the males on land and actually hunt buffalo in the water.

animal.discovery.com...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Very impressive - this guy must have a couple of cannon balls weighing um down!

All the same he may want to remind himself of old Steve Irwin every now and again! Fair play to him though, you certainly wouldn't catch my ass doing that, they'd smell the mess in my pants long before I got within breakfast table range!

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
They certainly trust him. Maybe animals are that smart they know humans are generally a threat to them, so they attack in self defence?

You can tell he loves them...

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Wow, this guy's either got balls of steel, or brains of mush!

Second line, less meaningful than the first, but just as pertinent.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Truely amazing. It gives me hope for mankind when i can look at something like this and see how we can still connect with nature. Im seriously jealous....

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
More pics here:

www.lionwhisperer.co.za...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join