It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how do you care enough to do something?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I cant find it in me to get inspired to change my world so sometimes i feel like i alone am effecting it and pushing it more towards hell then heaven, i want to do good, i have the intention but i still laze around.....

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by hautmess

Start with your family and work out from there.

I would do anything to help my family. There are a few close friends I would also go the extra mile or ten for.

I don't think its possible to live solely in this world for yourself. I think this makes life unbearable. The pain and lack of meaning are too great without our loved ones.

"The one thing I can tell you is that you won't survive for yourself. I know because I would never have come this far. A person who had no one would be well advised to cobble together some passable ghost. Breathe it into being and coax it along with words of love. Offer it each phantom crumb and shield it from harm with your body".

-The Road, Cormac McCarthy

If, for whatever reason, you don't have a family I think you can still dedicate yourself to other people in other ways...work for a volunteer group, a charity, a noble cause, whatever...the important thing is to give of yourself for something outside yourself.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Starts with Love. Love yourself; if you love yourself, you'd have no desire to change or do anything. Love others; if you love others, you'd feel no need to go cause change. You, obviously feel otherwise. Learn to Love others for all they are and do, once you do this, you'll see there is no need for you to enforce some change or something. Let them go as they need to be while you do same is the best service you can offer, IMO. However, if you feel direct interference is necessary, you must first find imperfection/incorrectness as you perceive it, and GO for it. One of my personal perceptions far as "society distortions" is that of our Elite or Government enslavement of the lower so to say, the weak. That would be my area of commitment (if I saw fit to act at all to begin with). You do same; if you feel word lacks love, GO put Love in it however and whichever way you know how. You must feel the pain and catalyst of those you're wishing to help, able to feel and see that which they go through; if you can do this, you will no longer feel/see need to ask main question of this thread for the empathy is too much to bear, you will find.

Best of luck to you and your ever obvious Desire to be of Service to the Creator.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Hello hautmess, I bet you have done little things that are good and don't realize it, the next time you see an elderly person in line at the grocery let them go ahead of you, it is much appreciated, that may be small but it's a start...you sound like a loving caring person and I wish you luck.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by RadiatorOfTheLight
Starts with Love.

Yes. Love is the key.

"Love is the highest and holiest action because it always contains that which is not love within itself, it always and ever moves to include the unloving...

Whatever you are thinking, love yourself for thinking it. If you are not sure how it feels to be loving, love yourself for not being sure how it feels. There is nothing on earth more important than the love which conscious beings feel towards each other, whether or not it is ever expressed."

-Thaddeus Golas

[edit on 3/9/10 by silent thunder]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
those who omit to doing that which they feel must be done are those who commit to a life of self torture and pain.

it is a trap, you think you must be this way and so it is a torture that is self-inflicting.

that is the worst pain one can endure, to know they could of made a difference if they had just made that gut decision instead.

these gut decisions are the rope you cling on to as you dangle off the edge of insanity.

with every right decision made you pull yourself higher and higher until finally you climbg up over the edge and back onto to the stable plateau of reason.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
There are probably little things you’ve done that are good, without you realising it. Maybe opening the door for someone, picking up a dropped item and hell, buying a fair-trade product is doing good.

If you however are in doubt, I would start with small things with your family. For instance, helping to cook, putting your shoes away (so parents/partner doesn’t have to), doing some housework...just basic things. These are all acts of good (in a way).

Then if you still think there is more to do – charity work is a great way. Giving donations, even adopting an animal....even volunteer yourself.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Each little good behavior or action you show may have started a chain reaction as BlackPoison said. You opened a door for someone and that may right there have made you day. Too often we try to solve the world by ourselves when we have to realize two things

1. The world is much bigger and stronger than you. It sucks but it is true

2. You can make massive changes through chain reactions. To increase the possibility of these reactions occuring, try being nice and caring to each person you meet. Do a little two second gesture that makes that one moment better and then you've done more than you can imagine.

Some talk show host made this name up so I won't take claim to it...

random acts of kindness....good move there IMO

-Kyo

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I think doing good starts with our intention. Do we really mean well? There is a lot of power in the force of intention, it starts there, you know. If youre intentions are good, you're on the right track!
The next thing is to turn them into actions and sometimes that can be difficult.
But it doesn't have to be something big. A small stone in the water can make large circles, so it is fine to make small contributions. Even something small as smiling. If you aproach people with a smile and a friendly word, you can light up their day. And that is definitely a good thing!

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

the always right move is when you move without means but subjective deep mean to let reality as it is objectively being the living one for itself of course not meaning it for yourself
just try to mean once for yourself being nothing so only you the conscious is there
usually it is the good step that make conscious realize the positive truth

new topics

top topics

join