It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opions on Duality ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Everything in life after i have comprehended ying & yang theory of duality seems to correlate to everything! I'm not positive if i believe this theory but what is left in between ? What is equilibrium without duality ? Im puzzled , some people call me a dualitist or what not , i think with a pure heart there is no evil or good just a bliss called purity . Enlighten me with your philosophies or opinions please.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
We live in a polar existence, night and day, negative and positive, good and bad. So much so it's hard for us to imagine an existence otherwise.

You say we live in duality but a "pure" heart is is neither love or hate? Ok, maybe not those words but I firmly believe Love is what we consider to be "good" and lack thereof, disregarding love is hate. Not to seem to attack or anything but a mix is a bliss called purity?

I've heard people rationalize that neither "good" or "bad" is "bad" as funny as that may sound but that it is up to the individual to decide where they wish to resonate and thats "good" for them. I of course do not believe this, as I do acknowledge the difference between good and evil.

You could say there is no such things as our human definition of good and bad as the definition changes from individual to individual. Thus, not actually existing outside of our own conscious mind. We need a unified agreement as to what Good actually is and I believe this to be Unconditional Love. Otherwise its moot for you to tell me killing the man who robbed my house is wrong (or right) because our perception of the definition is not the same.

Thing is, unconditional love cannot be defined by man either, it is something that exists in the universe I believe and IS GOD! God is love. One of the most powerful verses in the new testament. God is the only one who can put in words and define what love exactly is, otherwise it would be up to debate with every sentient creation (which basically is at this point).

"If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."

1 Corinthians 13:1-13

Jesus came and loved perfectly. We have no other examples. Love is truly the only law I can see being fit for humanity. Our only commandment is to love one another as we love ourselves and to love He who made us (or more secularly whatever force it is responsible for our being)

I have faith although struggling (I know my heart and I see my actions, I've got quite a path ahead) I present my view, this is what I see.

[edit on 8-3-2010 by Artanis667]

[edit on 8-3-2010 by Artanis667]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Interesting , Good points , i just wanted to see if anyone would contradict duality some how , thanks for the response though , definitely will put the info to good use + k man

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
It seems to me that duality is the recognition of the way all of the different shades come together to make a painting. The painting can be "good" or "bad" but such labels are based on a perspective and are thus biased.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Yes, that's exactly the point: There is nothing but what is - and by definition, that can only be "different" according to perspective alone. Everything simply is.

What we must learn to do is to accept all things equally. Consider these two poles: first, why do we rejoice at the birth of a child? How do you know what the life of that child will either endure or cause? That child could be the most horrific monster the world has ever known, or just as likely could be that it's life elevates us to greater heights than we had imagined. It could be that the child is marginalized and isolated in an unappreciative society. The child could also be an unappreciative, selfish siphon that only saps resources endlessly, contributing nothing.

So why do we: second, grieve when someone dies? Is that soul not free now? Is that soul's contribution to our lives, our society, our culture, our world not something to celebrate? Even if you are of the mind that we have one life and 'now it's over!', is this still not reason to celebrate even if the person was a complete sh*t as much as one should rejoice at the passing of someone who is now at peace and was a virtual saint?

Poles are deception. We are all aspects of the Creator and thus, we are to cherish ever little difference without reservation, fear, or judgment. There is no perception of joy if there is no perception of pain. There is no light without dark. They cannot be, but neither are they exclusive. They are very much inclusive. Therein lies the understanding of non-duality and this is Truth.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
there is harmony between the duality, just as there is harmony between heaven and earth. That harmony is the equality that exists between the two dualities.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by UnknownAgenda26

i love the clarity of the question it is right in the center of fundamental point

i dont understand how can someone sees harmony in opposites unless he means that i am stupid and so limited, but sorry i cant see any relation point at all between any opposition and surely never in hell and heaven there could be any concept of harmony uniting those realities life

why dont you think yourselves in both then forever, when great harmony of truth is in what relates them, im sorry to be cynical here but sometimes i hear somethings that should never be said

the roots of oppositions i guess is the concept distinguishing objective and subjective

in truth the subjective is the life source of objective and objective is the source of subjective life

now truth become living concepts source when the subjective become objective itself, so here the opposition concept rise for subjective life that cant be objective itself

so the livings subjects mean always the recognition of all objective realities to their superiority that is the source of their motivations as their lives senses, and they mean always to realize objectively that superiority as the living realiteis asserting everything being alive because of their superior life

it is only when there is recognition of truth being source of subjective objective conceptions that duality would break down

now for what says how tears are the source of smiles, i dont agree with that even if at my earliest teens i was sensitive to that expression of musset and i was surprised by myself to think about it in those terms, it is poetic but i knew that i was too young to answer how it is wrong of truth

like i said subjective must become objective reality then the living would be absolutely true, what is absolutely true living dont cry again, maybe for something else means but not the opposite means of smiles,
subjective is a relative certain life now when that subjective become objective reality then certainty life is abstractly of absolute truth
so that one living become a true living one which mean it is a certainty he cant be killed there

so that romantic approach of opposites is due to the knowledge in truth of certainty life, what becomes objective from being subjective absolutely then it becomes superior freedom then certainty itself concept of existence truth because that certainty becoming objective outside real is not only free for being certain but also alive which mean can by abstraction of its reality life certainty still evolving to more absolute free certainty life source

actually the words that i accepted of musset was the only romantic approach of that issue that i accepted, because musset said it right, how tears made us see the most care we have to put it out right

life should perceived as the concept of certainty free reality absolutely, and not subjectively a living happy to exist and move

if life is absolutely truth then imagine what that mean, anything at its point reality objective obvious absolutely is fundamentally because of a certainty freedom sense existing , it is beautiful how all realities could interact of certainties life

the sense of evolutions would replace the sense of superiority and true evolutions would be the reality of positive truth life to a deepest sense as well absolutely of same value for the most superficial objective reality freedom
what matter would be the full in and out certaintly living and itself not compared to anyother reference, so the concept of superiority as the reference of truth would be left forever behind
truth itself would be absolutely living certainty and not the reference of superiority absolutely

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   

sorry for that poor english syntax and structure, i know how in school i used to get very low grades on essays, i use to be happy about some ideas i tried to structure it right, but obviously my expression is too geniunly chaotic as it is maybe of a too free drive

sorry but just ignore my posts

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
There is unity!.... but is typically way beyond the psychological territory of the daily mind. As such it is mostly impossible for you to perceive or understand it - to get your head around it within its typical construct and confines.

Would be comparable to a PC OS on a MAC.

Unity can/may be experienced via a mystical revelation or experience -gnostically/experentially but it is very difficult to translate back into speech and words after the experience.

From my own experience an analogy: Imagine you walked down to the beach and put your hand in the ocean - For as far as it reaches and to the depth it goes, everything the ocean touches/knows is what you touch/know - all at the same time - you are the ocean or you become the ocean (whilst still being you)

It can be very hard to live a normal life after such experiences.

Don't ask me to prove it - for me it has been a repeatable experience. I cant prove love "scientifically" either.

JT

[edit on 9-3-2010 by Bravo111]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Bravo111

love is the most easy to prove anything else you cant prove it in truth, because it is always related to another sources that you cant perceive even abstractly as real

while love is simply the objective you realized as positive reality, your life drive meaning positive certain existing out free
that is why details and very small things realities become so precious because it could be a true perfect reality absolutely free living not related to others facts sources, and the more geniosity of living there is the more truth is the living source of all objective so it is more to evolve positively in rights

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
What a divine inquiry. Pure as the driven snow as Doc Holliday would say :-p

Yes I believe highly in duality from the macro to the micro. From massive concepts like light and dark down to our personalities and the little switches that are turned off or on in our behaviors. Are you an extrovert or introvert? Are you compassionate or not compassionate?

I think as stated by another brilliant post above that polarizing occurs all the time. In my opinion psychology and life should work to achieve balance in the way of Zen and the Buddha. No you don't have to become a Buddhist or pay a guy 1500 dollars to learn transcendental meditation. I think the possibility of reaching zen and balance is within everyone of every walk of life. I push the concept of facing ur shadow archetype and our insecurities and embracing them. Frankly I believe damn near every problem in the world, big or small is due to inbalnce of some spectrum.

Find those balances and you become harmonious. I don't mean this in a spirital, mystical and new0age way either. I mean this purely psychological

(though some people believe psychology to be just as fantastical as the stories of Harry Potter...oh well)

-Kyo

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Thanks i enjoyed reading your inquiries !

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Everyone here made good points and have pretty much summed it up.

I believe without a shadow of a doubt that duality has a huge part in our reality. Negative and Positive applies to everything because you can't have one without the other to reference it against.

Ultimately they aren't good or bad, but just simple is, or necessary. You must have and experiences both ends of the spectrum.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Duality is a very simple way to get a handle on a very complex question. Like the male and female side of anyone as a duality.

They say sociopaths can be very loving of thier children and pets. Is that really Y&Y? Mother Teresa fliping someone off, is that dark side?

Notice that Y&Y is drawn up around ideas having to do with behaivor, norms ect. Y&Y is measured like the old Egyptian weighing of the heart. Jekyll & Hyde takes its energy from this. Just some thoughts.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

there is huge difference between the conception of truth as the source which justify how negative powerful creations end necessarly to a positive balance realities
huge difference between that conception and the one that say how opposites are the source of all existence base truth which is translated by the harmonious zero balance living eternally through as an absolute fact reality

you cannot consider negative being source at the first place, so you cant either consider negative being responsable of life or balance state

considering balance being the end is rejecting always being alive, opposites obviously kill each others so what is the reference of always that balance translate its reality existing
and that is how balance is actually against absolute conception so it cant claim being a reality of it

it is all about truth which mean lies life consequently

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
of course i am not meaning to offend anyone expression or opinion i am just meaning my opinion seriously, thanks for being zen for that

join