It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird things happen when I meditate...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
When I meditate, odd things happen.
For instance, when I am sitting in the classic stance 'both arms out, two fingers touching' sort of buddah deal, my arms will gradually start moving upwards, oftentimes without be really realizing it untill they are fully streched- and then i can feel something inside of me sort of start to rise too- like a feeling of something starting at my stomach and moving up through my body, untill it reaches a point where it is feels like it should be realised- my chest rises and I have been trying to let whatever it is thats trying to get out of me out- but I have no idea how- I've tried deep breathing and mental concentration, but I don't really know what else to try.
Any help would be so apprecaited.

I feel as if what ever is inside of me wants to be let out- last night was really intense- my entire chest (i was laying down) was heaving, almost being pulled toward the ceiling and as hard as I tried I felt no realise until I broke off the mediation...

[edit on 8-3-2010 by summerdreary]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by summerdreary

Have you tried not meditating?

It might solve your weird things issue

-m0r

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
But, you see, it is a curious sensation that I wish to understand. And meditating is relaxing.
xD

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Sounds like it could be your kundalini. i just got back into meditation 3 weeks ago, so I'll let one of the experts confirm or deny this.

EDIT: I meant to say WEEKS not YEARS lol

[edit on 8-3-2010 by Subconsciously Correct]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Ok , i want you to try these simple steps , sit Indian style with your back completely erect . Next picture the most comfortable feeling you have ever endured , Then as you progress into this comfort zone there is a gland inside your brains dormant because of the sugar usage ( pineal gland ) You should hum a very low to high frequency (i Use the word love in a low pitch) Focus all of your energy , chakra , to the direct middle of your brain around the eyebrow area in the middle of the brain This humming after about 10 minutes and total concentration vibrates this gland you can directly feel it . Proceed to visualize a sanctuary or bliss After you have mastered these steps your body should feel as some would say as ecstatic . Once in this enlightening mode you can progress what ever your brain deems necessary to meditate on .

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by UnknownAgenda26

It's good advice that I'll try, but it doesn't really answer the question... :/

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by summerdreary
When I meditate, odd things happen.
For instance, when I am sitting in the classic stance 'both arms out, two fingers touching' sort of buddah deal, my arms will gradually start moving upwards, oftentimes without be really realizing it untill they are fully streched- and then i can feel something inside of me sort of start to rise too- like a feeling of something starting at my stomach and moving up through my body, untill it reaches a point where it is feels like it should be realised- my chest rises and I have been trying to let whatever it is thats trying to get out of me out- but I have no idea how-

I feel as if what ever is inside of me wants to be let out

It is not unusual to have your arms "float" or to feel as if your body is floating slightly above your seat.

It is not unusual to feel energy moving within your body. Nothing wants to come out.

You are focusing to much on your body. You might find it easier to relax your mind if you visually focus on a burning candle or a simple object like an apple. Think of your thoughts as a stage and just watch them go past. Don't engage in judging the thoughts or feelings - just watch them go by.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Does it start at the base of your spine and stomach and move up to the top of your head, or does it try to get to the top of your head? Kundalini awakening is the awakening of the "energy serpant" inside of you. It lies at the base and eventually rises up through your body. I know it sounds crazy, but look up "kundalini awakening" and see if this is what you are feeling.

By the way, you may not be feeling symptoms of kundalini awakening at all. It does sound similar though so it is worth a look until someone who is experienced can tell you more.

[edit on 8-3-2010 by Subconsciously Correct]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I might try focusing on your center of gravity or naval "chuckra" Put all that energy in your tan dien. Sounds as if your energy is dissapating. Try harnessing it and keeping it within. Just a suggestion.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
When I meditate, my head slowly moves side to side and my mouth opens sometimes. lol, it'd probably be the creepiest thing in the world to witness.

My body begins to fall asleep, to the point where I cannot feel the lower portions of my limbs any longer. I think that's 'supposed' to happen, though.

Have you ever felt as though your body is levitating or moving about in the air?

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
MAybe your close to having an OBE.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
To release this "feeling" from your chest you need to complete the "circuit" which is done by placing your tongue against the roof of your mouth just behind your teeth.

The energy should be travelling from an area about 1 1/2cm below your naval to your perineum, then coccyx , up your back and to the crown of the head, to the pineal, then the third eye then the throat, chest and then sacral and then back down to the naval.

JT

[edit on 9-3-2010 by Bravo111]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Subconsciously Correct

It depends on the position I'm in, like if I'm lying down, it will try to 'get out' through my chest, and when mediating, it will rise up through my shoulders and into my neck.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bravo111
To release this "feeling" from your chest you need to complete the "circuit" which is done by placing your tongue against the roof of your mouth just behind your teeth.

The energy should be travelling from an area about 1 1/2cm below your naval to your perineum, then coccyx , up your back and to the crown of the head, to the pineal, then the third eye then the throat, chest and then sacral and then back down to the naval.

JT

[edit on 9-3-2010 by Bravo111]

Nice, you seem to have a grasp of the basics to self cultivation. You obviously listened to someone carefully. Nice to see. Gi-gong? Tai chi? What's your cup of tea?

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Thanks.

Actually my tea is Ayahuasca combined with a gnostic approach ;-)

Best

JT

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bravo111
Thanks.

Actually my tea is Ayahuasca combined with a gnostic approach ;-)

Best

JT

Cool, even your tea speaks volumes.

I drink high mountain green/oulong. My tai chi instructor has an awesome Taiwanese connection. He's greatly appreciated around here.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
How can meditation be intense? This seems like the opposite to the purpose of meditation.

[edit on 9-3-2010 by Crapsghetti]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Crapsghetti

Its a weird concept, I know.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Nothing unusual.

It will pass with experience, and becoming familiar with meditation.

Please please from someone whos been there done that in this field, with nearly every type, and school, ignore "Kundalini", rising Chi energy or anything like that, get grounded inreal meditation first for a few years. Then explore those things if you want to, but under a teacher who has been doing it for years, and "walks the Walk" not just talks the talk.

The amount of times in my life Ive been introduced to, taught by, or attended retreats etc by "Masters" and such like spouting Kundalini, and other enrgy works...

These supposed masters, and gurus may have lost of fancy diagrams, followers, titles and names, and information on anciant "secrets", do you know something though of 20-30 ive spent some considerable time with only 1-2 were the real deal.

Those other masters were unable to sit and just "be" which is what meditation is, without twitching, scratching, imagining some strange force after 30 mins. He is not a master if he cannot just "be" for at least 30 mins or more. Trust me danger of ruining any progress you have made lies in those fields if taken too early. Anyhow the effects of those energy practises occur naturally with deep meditators who are just "Mindfull" or get into subject/object to total non duality.

Many years ago I was floating up and out, felt like I was going to fly, or levitate in my mediataions just like you.

A buddhist monk laughed when I asked for advice because he had been through it as a child when starting out. His advice to me worked and hopefully it will for you.

I was at the time trying to be mindfull (there is two types of meditation mindfullness and Subject/Object), so he gave me a very very simple thing to do when this occurs or at the beginning of the session. It as well as topping this helped me go deeper quicker, and improved my concentration.

Its a mix of Mindfullness and subject/object, and as the mind cant do these two at once, and then be aware of something else like floating it stops it from arising.

So at beginning of session, or when it occurs in a session breath through your nose deeply, and try and feel the air rush into your right nostril, feel where it passes over one point inside your nostril. A breath in and a breath out, no fancy energies, lights chakras, ignore that pseudo stuff. On the out breath
count in your mind 1.

Keep doing this until you get to 21.

THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT BIT, unless you are very very very and I mean very gifted and have not been meditating for at least 3 hours a day for six months or more you will not find this easy, but the hard work gets the results. When your mind wanders, or you loose count, so that you imagine that night, see the face of a loved one, get distracted by a sound and focus on it, have thoughts like "is this how to mediatte properly" etc, anything that takes your mind from that point inside your nostril, and just experiencing, feeling the air and counting the number at the outbreath you have to start again at 1!

If you pretend it is only yourself you are kidding and it would hamper further progress.

When you get to 21 properly, and I mean properly, with no distractions, pure awareness on the breath and NOTHING ELSE, and you can do it for a few days running.... well as they say in the UK

"the chickens will have come homw too roost" and I am sure that current problem you have will be gone, with a host of others both physical, emotional and mental.

FYI after getting to 21 properly then just sitting and being, in Shi Ne or mindfullness is the next step for the rest of the session.

As to having your eyes open or closed, Unlike most I usually have mine closed, I dont have a very visual internal landscape so the patterns,colours, projections many have when meditating initially which distracts them I am lucky enough to be fairly absent from. But it is said by most real masters to have them open slightly (keeps you awake and not just dreaming/spacing out to), looking down at about 45 degrees looking just past the tip of your nose.

Hope it helps.

Avoid the get rich quick schemes lol, or get enlightened or Chakred/kundalined up charlatans, more danger than good, and that is from personal experience. Also conversations with some very special people who have spent most of their days hours 6-7 or more,over 50 odd years to get to the point of being imho an reliable source.

Kind Regards,

Elf

[edit on 9-3-2010 by MischeviousElf]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Try practicing yoga and doing Kundalini Meditation. I haven't tried Kundalini yoga though.

You might also have better luck figuring out some things in a meditation retreat. But be mindful your experience can't be weird through acceptance.

If you meditate for very long periods and focus on arousing kundalini really weird interesting things happen to you. Like people with infectious or noninfectious diseases will literally shake it out of their system as shakti cleanses your body.

All the material is free online so feel welcome to just hit up google. Im in the process of making an at home course where people don't have to do the same thing that the buddha did. However every no and then its good to leave everything behind and seek again.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join