It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Avatar -- Hair Animal Control and... Bestiality?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
So, I haven't actually seen the movie, but, well, this is about a deleted scene so it shouldn't effect much.

My roommate tells me that the Na'vi in Avatar can control animals with what she calls their "hair extensions" -- which are, presumably, just their hair. She then tells me that the Na'vi, in a deleted scene from the movie, er, procreated by... follicle fornicating. Tentacle touching. Hair humping.

And it's confirmed in this news source:

www.movieline.com...

NEYTIRI
Kissing is very good. But we have something better.

She pulls him down until they are kneeling, facing each other on the faintly glowing moss.

Neytiri takes the end of her queue and raises it. Jake does the same, with trembling anticipation. The tendrils at the ends move with a life of their own, straining to be joined.

MACRO SHOT — The tendrils INTERTWINE with gentle undulations.

JAKE rocks with the direct contact between his nervous system and hers. The ultimate intimacy.

They come together into a kiss and sink down on the bed of moss, and ripples of light spread out around them.

THE WILLOWS sway, without wind, and the night is alive with pulsing energy as we DISSOLVE TO —

LATER. She is collapsed across his chest. Spent. He strokes her face tenderly.

Now. They control animals with their tentacles. They reproduce with their tentacles.

Is there a hidden message that Bestiality would permit us to control animals?!

Obviously I am kidding a little, but I still think that this is something to think on. Partly because I am a fan of Robert Anton Wilson, whose novel Schrodinger's Cat Trilogy involves a sequence in which (spoilers ahead!) a scientist (Frank Dashwood of the Orgone Institute) proclaims that every major advancement in human knowledge is accompanied by a sexual revolution... so he gathers a bunch of scientists to test this hypothesis with "Project Pan," in which, well, they engage in bestiality. FOR SCIENCE!

So, Avatar fans: What do you think?

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Well...that scene wasn't deleted in England at least, I watched it in its full 3D glory.

I did think it kind of odd, but, suggesting bestiality? I don't really think so.

This of the hair more as a hammer, you can use it to put nails into things, but you can also use it to break things, you can also use it to help pull nails back out of things. The hair is just a tool with various uses.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I kind of saw it as just what it was...an extension of the nervous system. It wasn't stated, but it's implied that their reproductive organs are in the same place as ours, based on clothing, etc. and would work in a more normal mammalian way...

The direct connection to the nervous system made the kiss more intimate...just as the same type of connection with animals allowed for more instantaneous control.

[edit on 12-3-2010 by Gazrok]

join