It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

arizona ufo video in cnn

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Check out this video of the citizen reporter in cnn in arizona. A repeat of the phoenix lights ????

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Hmm.
well, its 4 pretty balls of light...
What the ufos are however could be those damned chinese lanterns or something like that...wonder if they are making glowing balloons now to fool people.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Sheesh, even though I missed the PHX lights I've seen some really weird things in the AZ sky. I lived there for 21 years until moving up to portland (soon moving back) but yeah, its like when stuff like this is happening, even though I was with people when these things happen even I question and question what it actually was.

I saw at one point (along with 5 or 6 friends after leaving Koi sushi bar) this row of lights coming right at me from above the restaurant (and I mean literally feet above the roof) my heart dropped as I then saw the 4 lights were part of the front of the...., well, I dont know what it was still so I will say aircraft because it was flying. It dipped at me then flew up revealing the underside which had blue lines, I believe 4 of them on the underside going along the length of the craft and went a good 30-40 ft into the night sky. I was in so much shock at first I couldn't even get out "LOOK!" but I pointed it out to my friends and we stood there for what felt like at least 10 min trying to figure out what this thing was.

One friend suggested a kite, one a motor plane, but we couldn't come to that conclusion considering the nature of the craft. It could not have been strings because of the maneuvers it was preforming in the sky, it would have tangled up absolutely. It also could not have been at least propeller motorized (or thrust) due to the fact it was completely silent. Add in the fact the craft had at multiple times flew right above us and stayed in one spot, unless this toy plane was built like a Harrier there's no way it could have done what it did.

It was funny though because as all this is happening, it was like none of us would even say that it was possibly an alien, coming to every other conclusion we could but all ended up leaving with no conclusion. We don't know what it was and don't know where to start to see something like it again.

Sorry if that was terribly off topic, I don't get much chance to share this, they were PHX lights of sorts, lol.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I don't know what they are but let's run a possible scenario.

Kid (Kyle) puts together a square shape re-enforced with cross sections- all made from think bamboo.

Kid ties 4 Chinese lanterns onto the corners of the square and sends it up into the night sky.

Kyle then phones his friend (who's dad is a UFO believer) to come outside and see the lights.

Dad tapes lights, sends them to iReporter and gets some national news.

Somewhere a hedgehog dies from trying to ingest some twister coat-hanger metal twisted around some bamboo structure.

The end.

Is that plausible?

-m0r

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Here is a higher quality video from the CNN website.

[edit on 8-3-2010 by cripmeister]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
That video is only like 6 years old and has only been posted about 600 times! The Youtube title of the video is obviously misleading. It's quite good though, must admit.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
That video is from two years ago... old news dude. I thought Chinese lanters was the explanation for this?

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
UFO Hunters did a test with flares and chinese lanterns and to the witnesses they didn't look like these point source type UFOs in the video or over Tinley Park.

In the interview, did he say they took off one by one ? I'd like to see the video from that, did the guy ever upload the long version ?

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by skywalker_

G'day skywalker

Thanks for posting that interesting video.

I have seen that previously.

Unfortunately, I think the objects are almost certainly chinese lanterns.

I conclude this because of:

- The shape

- The colour

- The faint flickering

- The "flight pattern"

I don't believe any notice can be taken of the observer's height estimate because such estimates are well documented as being extremely inaccurate.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I am not sure if you are aware of ufos that have the shape of chinese lanterns

There is an ancient Indian text by the name of vimanika shastra, which has pictures of ufo things based on mercury, shaped like a lantern.

So much for teh chinese lantern official story

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Artanis667

thats very freaky,,.. and interesting ....

All of us would like to be comfortable within our own tiny conditioning... and wont be willing to embrace reality as it is... reality could be aliens or not having enough money to cross the debt, and choosing a different lifestyle.. yet we would like to be comfortable inside our own conditioned belief systems.. and the whole world has now become like my beliefs v/s ur beliefs.. rather than acknowledging the facts of the matter... sad truth..

Thank you for sharing your experiences... I am sure you never looked at another ufo story with a conditioned skeptics mind after that

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by supyo

gee... didn't know the video was old
But thought it was interesting video which resembled phoenix lights

I still think chinese lantern explanation is like that of norwegian spiral being explained by a hoax missile theory..

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

there are ufos with chinese shapes ... so is it a ufo ? maybe.. maybe not..

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Schaden

no idea my frnd.. didn't find a longer version of the video or the original video..

people say that the video is old... there should be some threads in ATS having it..

[edit on 10-3-2010 by skywalker_]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

Thanks for the link mate !

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

yeah.. plausible indeed...

I don't think the kids are that smart anyways..

how about the following scenario :

arizona is a major center for the secret space command... there are alien interactions going on between the government and the E.Ts.. and the government wants to cover up by throwing the facts of the matter at our face, and making us to believe the "official " story.. instead of allowing us to acknowledge teh fact - or the existence of an E.T race with advanced technology, which could improve our lives for the better..

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Hmm, interesting vid. I think you can almost definately rule our chinese lanterns as the lights sometimes simultaniously switch to red. If these are 4 lanterns, how would you synchronize the switching of colours?

Also there does not seem to be any flickering which would point to a flame as a light source. Of course they could use battery powered lights.

It definately is not an airplane or a helicopter because of the missing position lights.

The thing that puzzles me is the switching of colours at the same time. I really dont know what to make of that.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I saw in the higher quality vid that the changing of colour effect was due to camera movement.

So, I guess the lanterns are theorietically back in game.

It would be nice to see something in the background to get an idea of the size of that thing.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Well, whether it's old footage or not I wonder if anyone at the time, ever thought to contact the pilot and passangers of the plane to see if any of them actually saw anything.

Woody

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   

the man said they were much higher up than a plane that was passing by...can those venus refracting ball lightning powered swamp gas filled chinese weather balloon lanterns do that?

new topics

top topics

join