It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Princehall Masons On Here ??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
HELLO TO THE BOARD...

BEEN LURKING FOR A WHILE, AND I HAVE BEEN GETTING ALOT OF INFO FROM ALL YOU GUYS. I AM A FELLOW CRAFT BUT HAVE NOT MOVED ON TO BECOME A MASTER MASON BECAUSE OF SOME DIFFERENCES WITH MY LODGE. IT'S ALMOST BEEN 2 YEARS AND I THINK ABOUT GOING BACK ALMOST EVERYDAY. DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY ADVICE THAT THEY COULD HELP ME WITH. I NEED TO KNOW HOW DOES THIS SITUATION WORK BECAUSE I HAVE NOT SPOKEN TO ANY BROTHERS WITHIN A YEARS PERIOD.!! PLUS I ALSO KNOW THAT YOU CAN FINISH UP AT ANYTIME YOUR READY UNLIKE OTHER FRATS..

THANKS!

[Edited on 1-6-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Advice: Turn the all CAPS off.

Also, your probably not going to get much out of a post like this, I'm not a Mason, but it sure looks like a troll post to me.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
wow caps! no offence, but you don't sound like a freemason to me.

[Edited on 1-6-2004 by infinite]

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Now, now, I don't think this person is a troll, just someone with trouble with the Caps Lock key.

Brother, I am not a Prince Hall Mason myself, just a non-Prince-Hall type, but with us, you can come back and do your third degree any time, even 50 years after your second, as long as your memory work is done.

There's an old (not very good) joke about a 71-year-old guy who comes to Lodge one night and demands to get his second degree. The secretary doesn't remember him, and asks when he got the first.

"Why, 50 years ago, tonight!"

"50 years ago! Why did you wait so long to come back?"

"Well, in that first degree I was told to subdue my passions... I've finally done it."

(Told you the joke wasn't that good)

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
AlexKennedy, i take it thats a mason joke which a non mason won't understand

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
What about someone who has attained the MM degree, but has been inactive for sometime. Can this man go back, and if so what steps need to be taken besides getting current with the Treasurer. In other words, what can one expect in attept to get back in the lodge. Memory is in tack. Still a stand-up citizen, etc.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Infinite, you Juggalo you, yes, it's a Masonic joke, and I am very pleased to hear that you will be joining us when you reach the full age of 21. The joke only makes sense to people who use certain versions of the ritual, but essentially if one is asked to "control one's passions," it means to not get angry, to stop being lustful, greedy, or gluttonous, etc.

Freeworld, you can always go back to Lodge, provided you have not been suspended for non-payment of dues. Even if you have been suspended, it's not a big deal, you generally just have to make up your last two years of dues with, as you say, the treasurer, and I think you have to get voted back in (never a problem, I assure you).

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
One of the nice things about freemasonary is that you can affilate to another lodge/chapter preceptory etc. I am a member of 2 craft lodges in Scotland and several other orders.

Gerard

top topics

join