It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Center Hotel: Ground Zero Hotel Uses 9/11 Attacks as Marketing Ploy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

World Center Hotel: Ground Zero Hotel Uses 9/11 Attacks As Marketing Ploy

www.huffingtonpost.com

Looking down into the construction site covering the 16 acres where the World Trade Center once stood, some might see a place shadowed by death.

But Cheryl Palmer sees a rebirth and a business opportunity. She's vice president of Club Quarters Inc., the company opening the World Center Hotel and as far as she's concerned, the property's location on the edge of the site of the Sept. 11 attacks is a selling point.

"People choose to be here because they want to be close to it. They want to feel it, they want to celebrate. They want to remember," she said, standing by an open-air patio overlooking the site. "We have a very accessible view on it."
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3/8/2010 by iMacFanatic]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
SIGH!!!

Personally I find this disgusting. I feel that those 16 acres are hallowed ground and should be treated as such. Nothing should be built there. It should be turned over to the National Park Service and made into a national monument. Return the twin Klieg light beacons and make some place to go and meditate and pray.

Screw profits.

Excuse me while I go throw up.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3/8/2010 by iMacFanatic]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

They want to celebrate

WTF???

Gag me with a southern baptist.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Even if I secretly thought this, and figured I had found a way to make much money, I would never admit it. Seriously, this is some kind of sick logic.

Come see! View the site where thousands of humans burned to death, and leapt to their deaths! Celebrate the beginning of the war and the war and the war.

I agree. It's completely disgusting. :shk:

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
The spot is haunted. Nothing that will go there will ever do well.

Case in point they still haven't been able to pull it together to actually build anything there...nor will they.

That is my hope anyway.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I completely agree that using the rebuilding as an advertising pull is atrocious. Just goes to show how low people will stoop to make a buck these days.

However, look up the current plans for the site and you will see there is a very good sized memorial being constructed on and around the footprint of the two towers. The fallen victims of the attacks are being honored, while new towers rise in defiance of the terrorists (or as some of you may wish to think, G.W.).

**edit

And yes, the new WTC 1 is already at around 20 stories, and WTC 4 is rounding up its second floor. If you want some current pictures at this site....forum.skyscraperpage.com...

[edit on 8-3-2010 by CalibratedZeus]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CalibratedZeus

I think a memorial to those who died, and to all of us in fact, because it has effected all of us, is a lovely idea.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Who will want to work on the grave of thousands?

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I agree that clearing out or constructing anew on a site that has seen such horrors must be a hard task. But think of other places hit hard by atrocities, for instance so many towns and areas in Europe ravaged by World War I and II, Hiroshima, etc. Places that have seen loss of life on an even more massive scale brought back to life a renewed.

And here is what the WTC memorial will look like on its completion....[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b691810fda8b.jpg[/atsimg].

I took this picture about a month ago from the small museum they have set up just across from the WTC site. The two waterfalls you see are the exact spots the towers once stood, surrounded by the park. I think it is a beautiful tribute.

**Edit

Argh it cut off the right half of the image, but the pool for the south tower looks identical to what you see in the picture. Here is the direct link to the pic...files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by iMacFanatic

I totally agree. Another selling point she's trying to make is that it's a "secure atmosphere".

It wasn't so secure 9 years ago now was it lady? [ and I use that term loosely ].

This Hotel chain caters to the business traveller. What kind of business would feel secure on the site of the worst attack against America in our history?........ Makes ya wonder.

She can spout on about "re-birth" and "looking to the future" all she wants, the fact remains that right now there is an average of 4k visitors PER DAY at the Memorial preview site, and when the Memorial is done, they estimate 4 million visitors per year. Roughly 11,000 per day.

Want to get to the bottom of a problem? Follow the money.

When she dies, she wont have to worry about going to hell and meeting the devil.......... She IS the devil

Peace

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by iMacFanatic

the company opening the World Center Hotel and as far as she's concerned, the property's location on the edge of the site of the Sept. 11 attacks is a selling point.

I bet they do not block the roof doors on this building
and I bet they will have a stock of parachutes on each floor
I also bet they don't accidentally paint the support steel with thermite.
j/k.

It will be interesting just what this new building will have made public about the structure itself.

And to use the attacks as a way to market it , I think that has actually got to be its highest selling point.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by CalibratedZeus

Just to let you know, if you change the tag from [ img ] to [ atsimg ], (without spaces of course) it will add a scroll bar so that you can view the whole image!

On topic: Agreement on all fronts. This a disturbing idea, from a very sick individual. Celebrate? What exactly is she planning on celebrating? Having a 10 year anniversary with some of her Al-Queda buddies and Mossad agents?

But seriously, I am disturbed by this, I cannot believe the gall of this woman to desecrate a site such as this in the name of her capitalistic greed. Down with the system...

NEXUS

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
This is a prime example of what is wrong with profits at all costs damn the morality mentality that among other things spawned the 9/11 attacks to begin with and has made American business practices hated around the world.

AND before anyone jumps down my throat about it...9/11 and the mentality behind the attacks was as much about American interests running rough shod over the world like we are the only ones that matter as it was about Islamic extremism...

I know the hard right hates hearing this but nothing happens in a vaccum.

[edit on 3/9/2010 by iMacFanatic]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Perhaps this post is off topic, I apologize in advance as I've wanted to bring this up in the past, but never found a good opportunity.

After researching the DUMBs (Deep Underground Military Bases) that have been sprouting up all across the country, and the absurd amount of time that the WTC reconstruction has taken, is it against logic to assume that they may be building some discreet functions within the building? IE: A fallout shelter, military control hub or other?

And as for the hotel, well, I feel as if it's probably a matter of a new owner who wasn't here during the collapse. I'm a native New Yorker and I am constantly directing visiting friends and family to ground zero; Which is always unsettling. The amount of reverence is minimal, and can only be considerable to the same emotion as walking into a Hard Rock Cafe. However, I do know that at least some people go there to pay respects. I'm only speaking of a portion of people that would be lured into the area as ground zero rubberneckers.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Nothing should be built there.

I believe that this is exactly what those 19 Muslims wanted.

I think if we want to show them that they truly cannot shake our foundation - we rebuild the towers exactly how they were.

Down to the last office corner dust bunny.

[edit on 9-3-2010 by Snarf]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by iMacFanatic
Who will want to work on the grave of thousands?

Not only that.

Who would want to work in a tower that is an easy target for an airplane crash and global collapse?

And for the people who say....well, it will be built better. I say, yeah right.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Nutter

So could the Empire State building. She we tear it down? How about Sears Tower?

So you think we should change our way of lives because it could still be prone to attack?

Wow...those muslim idiots did a better job than i thought.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

The empire state building and sears tower are not the spots where 2 terrorist attacks have occured in the past are they?

Yes 2. 1993 bombing and 9/11.

I sure as hell wouldn't feel safe working anywhere near the site.

But, go ahead. Become the next terrorist casualty if you want.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Nutter

The Empire State Building and Sears Towers were not SUCCESSFULLY attacked by terrorists....

March 2007, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed: Mastermind of Sept. 11 and author of numerous plots confessed in court in March 2007 to planning to destroy skyscrapers in New York, Los Angeles and Chicago.

Source

The above Fox report lists every planned/foiled terrorist attack in the U.S. (that we know of) since 9/11. From the looks of it, why ever work anywhere in NYC again? That many planned attacks in the city it would be crazy to be there at any time of day!

That right there would be the terrorists winning.

Take a look at and read up on the construction of the new towers going up. They are some of the safest ever build with Bomb-shelter grade reinforced concrete surrounding stairwells and life-support functions (ventilation, water, etc). The base of WTC1 is constructed with 3 foot by 3 foot steel beams, with a second layer of smaller steel beam webbing about a foot behind the outer wall.

Frankly the only thing that could take down the new towers is a missile. And if we are getting missiles thrown at us we will have much bigger problems then a terrorist act happening.

new topics

top topics

join