It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rabbi gets convicted of sex abuse... judge apologizes to HIM!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Justice Patricia DiMango ordered the rabbi remanded pending sentence. He faces up to 32 years behind bars.

"I understand that there are a significant number of Jewish holidays coming up, and I am sorry," she said.

Read more: www.nypost.com...

So, when was the last time someone who was convicted of sexual abuse got an apology for having to miss spending Christmas with his family? I'd bet my life savings .... NEVER!

I've said enough.. speak amongst yourselves.

source

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Yeah it happens often, have you ever seen a real court room? judges often say things like that.

Justice Patricia DiMango ordered the rabbi remanded pending sentence. He faces up to 32 years behind bars.

"I understand that there are a significant number of Jewish holidays coming up, and I am sorry," she said.

She was saying "sorry" because he is missing hollidays that are not going to be part of his sentance, he is just beingheld in jail till then.

[edit on 8-3-2010 by zaiger]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

Lmao that's the funniest weirdest sad piece of feces news I have heard for a long time and I have no pity for the judge.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

You seem pretty at ease with this whole thing. Perhaps you don't WANT to change permissive attitudes like the one the judge obviously has?

If I were the family of the victim, I would want that judge disbarred yesterday and permenantly. I don't care what the apology was for, sexual abuse of a child deserves NOTHING good in return under any circumstances

Peace

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Well, now wait a minute!!

Some of you act like this judge is giving this rabbi a pass or something. He is going to be in jail during those holidays. Who is to say that the judge wasn't being facetious when she said she was "sorry?" Really......Some of you are too prone to knee-jerk reactions.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Judge just has to make sure the law is followed, the guy will probably get some hard time for what he did.

You seem pretty at ease with this whole thing. Perhaps you don't WANT to change permissive attitudes like the one the judge obviously has?

At easy with what? The guy was convicted and is going to go to prison for a long time for what he did, and i do not have a problem with that.
If you think what the judge did was illegal write the court, if you think what he did ws wrong take him to church. Right/wrong and the law are two different things and most people who do not grasp the basic concept of the law often confuse them. Nobody here was there so you realy have no idea what tone it was said in, and keep in mind the writter of the story (the only version that has the appoogy in it) was written by alex ginsburg.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Well, now wait a minute!!

Some of you act like this judge is giving this rabbi a pass or something. He is going to be in jail during those holidays. Who is to say that the judge wasn't being facetious when she said she was "sorry?"

Sorry, i really cant see a judge being facetious when it comes to religion. especially an Irish judge in New York, where 90% of the attorneys and other judges are Jewish. The judge knows who is really in charge.

SpeakerofTruth, as much as i love you, I must disagree!

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
Sorry, i really cant see a judge being facetious when it comes to religion. especially an Irish judge in New York, where 90% of the attorneys and other judges are Jewish. The judge knows who is really in charge.

Ah the irony of forced prejudice. Anyone care to throw in a 'Well if his family had posted bail' comment or female ( let's make her blonde eh? what the heck) Irish judge says 'Sorry' when she should have said 'Guilty' quip?

She comes down pretty heavy on child molesters and seems to have a following from that Ginsberg reporter. I'd say it's a case of a wit-filled reply rather than one of remorse.

Of course the fact that you stated sorry immediately in the quoted post above makes me think that perhaps you are not being mean-spirited but you just happen to have that in your syntax and so related to it as best you can.

-m0r

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

Hikix, mean spirited? Of course not!! He/she just doesn't agree with your and my analysis of the situation. I see it pretty much the way you do.

I don't think the judge said "sorry" remorsefully.... I almost read it as a quip. Sort of like saying, "Sorry,bud, but you won't be lighting any candles this holiday season."

[edit on 9-3-2010 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by hikix

SpeakerofTruth, as much as i love you, I must disagree!

It's cool. I'd be worried if everyone agreed with me.
Wow....

We just think we have problems in the world now.
Love ya, hikix.

new topics

top topics

join