It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Godfather Of Taliban" Says U.S. Will Lose War

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
He would look like a sissy if he said "America will win".

I think he just is trying to look cool for his friends.

Eh...who knows?

Maybe he is right.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

And a slaughterer of thousands...he not the Mongols was the one who built pyramids of sculls.

He seemed to enjoy killing non combatants as much as fighters.

He was not a good man....but he was also the last one to invade Afghanistan and win...the British tried 2 or 3 times in in the 19th century and were forced out each time.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
"Tomorrow the Sun will come up", "The World is Round" and "Is the Pope Catholic" go alongside such "Blatant Statement of the Obvious" in regards to the absolute inevitability of this topic.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by iMacFanatic

Yes that is true.

But that is par for the course when it comes to any one who sets themselves up as conquerors.

I know very little about the ancient history of the area.

I guess he was winning the hearts and mind thing in a different manner by building a structure out of his foes skulls.

PS I thought at one point the Afghan war was not winnable but I think now we may pull it off. Slim chance but possible.

Next is North Africa if we stable Afghan.

[edit on 9-3-2010 by whiteraven]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Isn't it suprising that a Russian news channel shows an interview with a terrorist who praises the quality of Russian troops and belittles UK / USA forces.

Blatant propoganda methinks.

Afgahnistan is critical to the stability of the whole region.
The majority of Afghan's do not want The Taliban to regain control of their country and support our role there.
If The Taliban does gain control in Afghanistan then it would probably be only a matter of time before Pakistan followed thus giving TheTaliban control of Pakistan's nuclear arsenal.
India would not allow this and neither would Israel.
What would the result be then?

We need to provide our forces in Afghanistan with the correct equipment and give them the go ahead to do whatever is necessary to eliminate The Taliban threat whilst also ensuring minimum harm and disruption to the civilian population.
Unfortunately it can be very hard to differentiate between civilians and The Taliban.

We also need to ensure that the Afghani's themselves can defend themselves from any subsequent future re-emergence of The Taliban and that they have a stable governemnt system, of their choice, and infrastructure.

Afghanistan and Iraq are very, very different.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I'll not dispute on Afghans poll results (do you know how to construct good sociology poll BTW?). But after 8+ years of occupation, there is NO WAY HOW TO WIN THE BATTLE FOR AFGHAN PEOPLE HEARTS. It is too late. US soldier will be for long time just occupant - same as former USSR soldier. US can dispeople Afghanistan or wage endless battle with so called insurgents - majority of Afghan people see them as freedom fighters and I'm pretty sure that exactly YOU will be on "insurgents" side if you are natural born Afghani. On our soil there were Germans and Russians soldiers - both were occupants. We don't want any foreign soldiers any more. I'm so f**g happy that we have almost no oil wells ... and transit oil pipes.
Territory of USA is well marked by Canada and Mexico borders and by Atlantic and Pacific shore. Please stay in your boarders and rest of world will be happy. Rome empire brought some "civilization" to "barbaric" nations. US government is spreading just dead'n'debt.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by iMacFanatic
reply to post by CanadianDream420

MMMMM...the Jewish resistance fighters under the British mandate attacked a convoy of British soldiers...killed them and then wired them.

Actually while the way this fellows message was delivered is odious historically speaking he is on the right track...

No one since Tamerlane has invaded Afghanistan and succeeded.

Bull#.
Afghanistan is not a "graveyard of empires", that's a complete and utter myth.

www.nypost.com...

www.nytimes.com...

This meme is nothing more than historically inaccurate defeatism bleated by sheep who never bothered to check their facts.

[edit on 3/9/2010 by Doglord]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Doglord

Can not argue with NYT ofcourse! But in your perspective is imperialism OK? That is the crucial question.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

UHH SORRY YOU AGREE WITH THE PEOPLE THAT CUT EACH OTHERS HEADS OFF?
torture woman and dont allow the woman or girls to attend school.

seriously thats sad and the french yep surrender monkeys you say they were waiting for the nazis to leave by that do you mean lend support and then when they lost say they were against them.
I am truly glad you are not on my or any americans side with freinds like you we wouldnt need enemys

Holy cow i really cant beleive you could possibly ehh theres no point i cant even humor this nonsense goodbye...

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Compulsionist

WOW THIS HAS TO BE THE MOST DISGUSTING FORUM YOU PEOPLE WHOEVER OR WHEREVER YOUR FROM COULDNT BE MORE MISGUIDED SUPPORTING THESE FANATICAL PSYCHOS TELL THE FAMILY OF THE REPORTER WHOS HEAD THEY CUT OFF OR THE SERVICE MAN HANGING FROM THE BRIDGE NO HEAD ON FIRE OR THE KIDS WHO DIE IN HONOR OF THERE RELIGON BY BLOWING THEMSELVES UP FOR ALLAH R U FN SERIOUS.

DISGUSTING

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by triplescorpio

YOU are in THEIR country.

Whatever that they do to the occupiers in THEIR country is righteous for them.

YOU can't argue with what THEY are doing because THEY are defending THEIR country.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Emerald The Paradigm
reply to post by triplescorpio

YOU are in THEIR country.

Whatever that they do to the occupiers in THEIR country is righteous for them.

YOU can't argue with what THEY are doing because THEY are defending THEIR country.

Under that logic the holocaust should have been allowed to continue, and the allies should have stopped at the German border.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Doglord

thats not directed at me righ?
t its for the other atser?

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Emerald The Paradigm

they blew up a two building in my country my city killed my freinds but i suppose the united states blew up its own buildings man the 9/11 threads are the most ignorant what is wrong with you? and if those are the values held by the taliban holding women and children as property or worse then i hope we stay for a good long time !!

[edit on 9-3-2010 by triplescorpio]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by zeddissad

Firstly, I'm not American.

Secondly, you blatantly disregard the wider implications if The Taliban regain control of Afghanistan.
That has to be a major consideration when deciding policy.
We can not allow nuclear weapons fall into the hands of a group of people who would use them against their enemies at any perceived insult etc.

And lastly, for now, I think it is fair to say that the majority of The Afghani people DO support the role of UK / USA forces in Afghanistan.
They DO NOT want to see the return of The Taliban.
This is especially true with the urban populace.
Rural Afghani's seem to be slightly more supportive of The Taliban.
This may be down to the limited education etc available in rural areas and where tribal and cultural practices are still a part of everyday life.

The Taliban are a brutal and repressive group who are intent on imposing a particularly harsh and even barbaric imterpretation of Sharia upon everyone.
They are exceptionally uncompromising in their attitude and approach and are prepared to use any tactics possible to achieve their aim.

Taking the moral high ground is all well and good but unfortunately sometimes hard and unpopular decisions and actions have to be taken for the greater good.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Emerald The Paradigm
He says that the Afghani people have 100% faith in God and Winning

Remember what happened last time you used "100%"?

Even more reasons for why the troops should retreat from these useless wars!

Is that the 100% war you were talking about that would happen in February?

Seriously, these guys say a lot of things, baseless threats among them. I stopped taking people like this seriously a long time ago. Anyone remember back in the 80's, when Iran threatened to destroy the US? Still waiting for that

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join