It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

survival kit in case of an Earthquake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I wonder what would be a essential kit for urban survival in case of an Earthquake.
Please post your opinions...the kit should include a communication device (few miles) transportation like a bicycle and a power generator like a dynamo in the bicycle...to charge AAA or AA batteries.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Search function.

You'll find endless resources.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

good kit!...very complete

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
First thing I was taught about earthquakes, is that you should have a pair of shoes or footwear that covers the whole foot, available even at bedside.

Those who have been in earthquakes, with all the broken glass and other stuff broken and otssed about, swear by keeping footwear nearby.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Hi all! My aunt who lives in St. Louis and I were talking about this two weeks ago or so. What we decided was keep a tupperware tote next to the front door. Put in your important stuff: Photos, food, water in bleach bottle, candles, flashlights, your breakables, most important paper work,
BOB, money, you know what ever it is you will need...clean underwear, socks, shoes, jacket.... Just pick it up and run out the door with it.
cards, book. matches, jewlery, whatever it is you want.... mabye you want to bury one in the yard full of food too.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
6 pack of beer and some magazines for those lonley nights.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
First thing I was taught about earthquakes, is that you should have a pair of shoes or footwear that covers the whole foot, available even at bedside.

Those who have been in earthquakes, with all the broken glass and other stuff broken and otssed about, swear by keeping footwear nearby.

a pair of shoes or footwear that covers the whole foot is a great idea. We always think about food and medicine but rarely about footwear.

To place the kit near the front or main exit of the house is a great idea too.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Hi Thinking about this some more, all the people who are adicted need to put their items of choice in there: Chocolate, gum, alcohol, cigarettes, nicotine patches, chewing tobaco. First aid kit. A crissus is a terrible time to go through withdrawal attacks. Hard candy for kids, vitamin pills.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalpr

After the 2 dozen threads in the last year on the subject, I just dont think there is anything that will be covered in a new thread that hasnt been covered twice already.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by frugal
Hi Thinking about this some more, all the people who are adicted need to put their items of choice in there: Chocolate, gum, alcohol, cigarettes, nicotine patches, chewing tobaco. First aid kit. A crissus is a terrible time to go through withdrawal attacks. Hard candy for kids, vitamin pills.

In a emergency, the focus should be on life and death items, not on luxeries.

There is also no better way to quit an addiction than not having access that item available.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

After the 2 dozen threads in the last year on the subject, I just dont think there is anything that will be covered in a new thread that hasnt been covered twice already.

good collaboration!

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

good collaboration!

So what you are telling me is that you cant figure out how to use the search function? Or that you want everyone to do your work for you?

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   

good collaboration!

So what you are telling me is that you cant figure out how to use the search function? Or that you want everyone to do your work for you?

wow you're an expert on this subject!

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

good collaboration!

And you are getting a lot of results in your laziness

wow you're an expert on this subject!

top topics

join