It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With all these earthquakes I feel as if

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
It's only a matter of time before a big one hits L.A. or San Francisco....I can't imagine the devastation a 7.5 earthquake would cause in the L.A

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Of course a big one will hit L.A. sooner or later...you didn't think that only countries on the periphery get hit by quakes, did you..?

Here - this should help alleviate some of your fears...

L.A. is Next..!!

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
LA can stop hogging the spotlight -

Don't forget about the the Juan de Fuca plate/Cascadia Subduction Zone...

There's a big one for ya.

It's coming, one day.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I have a fear for the volcanoes around the world.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

There's an 8-9 due for California, that been due for a while now.

Hope I'm not tempting fate by saying that.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx
I have a fear for the volcanoes around the world.

Is Yellowstone super-volcano going to erupt any time soon?

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
It is long overdue as far as I'm aware. I live in Wyoming; it's practically in my backyard. I have very little fear of it though. If she blows, it'll be short and sweet.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Los Angeles is in a LOT of danger if an earthquake hits. Not only has it got a high population density, but it's got a lot of expensive infastructure that could be easily destroyed if the wobble was big enough.

God I hope my hometown (Rotorua, New Zealand) doesn't get hit by an earthquake. It's got a lot of thermal activity that's similar to yellowstone park (not as big), so if a big enough one hit, not only would it shake the living hell out of the place, but a lot of the volcanic area's would most likely erupt, putting 80,000 people at risk.

Here's a fun fact: The South Island of New Zealand is sitting on a massive fault line, it is literally running straight through the middle basically. If a big enough earthquake were to occur on this fault line, all the volcanoes sitting on top of it, would erupt, estimated 6 in total, and there is the slight possibility that part of the West Coast of the South Island could slip into the sea. Causing a umm...a Mega-Tsunami. That would could cause harm to some cities in the Pacific region. The full force of it would be pointed at the East Coast of Australia. Sydney would be especially messed up by it.

Earth's a dangerous force.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
And don't forget Salt Lake City.

top topics

join