It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you miss the most if you could never go to the grocery store again?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by NotThat

I would miss my coffee, my husband would miss his meat, my kids would miss their Cheese It's and pocket fruit. We really don't eat a lot of junk food, and I have gotten rid of a lot of food that used to make me fat, like smart food popcorn, soda, and poptarts.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotThat
In the book "Into the Forest" by Jean Hegland, two teenaged girls are left alone in their house in a remote location. As food stores are consumed the girls miss tea and sugar. What would you miss?

During the last winter storm I had lots of food in the house but nothing I really wanted to eat. I wanted cookies, crackers, pretzels-all junk food items. If I couldn't go to the store again I think I would miss chocolate. [/quote

I'd probably miss the ketchup XD.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Those chewy dipps granola bars with peanut butter. I eat like 3 boxes of them a day.

I think I would be dead in a matter of hours if I couldn't get any more of them.

link   
reply to post by NotThat

What I will not miss is arguing with a machine that keeps telling me to place the item that I do not have on the belt.

I would definitely miss Chicago Town Pizza as they beat anything and are my treat, stuffed crust mmmmmmmmmmm

link   
Diet coke, chocolate, shrimp, sushi, meats, eggs. Cheese is good, on the internet there are directions for making your own from goat's or cow's milk. The process looks easy, it's the long wait for it to ferment. I would miss wine too, this is why we planted grape vines and looked up wine recipies on line. Wine bottles can be collected from the recycling stations.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by hoghead cheese

All the old phone books would be perfect toliet paper. They put out five phonebooks every year in our city. What a waste of paper.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by fernx

How do you make sugar from beets...I know that sugar comes from sugar beets but do you know how to do it? I have tried to search for away to make sugar from them and well I can not find any easy homemade way, would love to know....thanks

I would like to know that as well! Beets are red and sugar is white. I am curious how that works.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MeSoCorny
I would miss ice cream....and magazines. Stupid crap-filled magazines of all sorts. I love them.

I think in the book "The Postman" by David Brin, the people get excited about all the junk mail, especially the old magazines.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by hissisterpam
May the gods in their wisdom never bring this about.

Yea, really! I don't want to look back and drool when thinking of old favorite foods that are no longer available.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by hissisterpam
but seriously who the love for cheese? Any thoughts?

Oh, how we love our fats!! Americans grew up with cheese sandwiches and mac & cheese.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno
Aspirin
Coffee
Beer

Asprin, yes. One of the girls in the book got sick.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Mcsweeney's Teriyaki Beef Jerky! (Best snack of all time)

Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom!

www.mcsweeneys.ca...

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I would miss all the pesticide infested fruits and vegetables. I would also miss the over-priced meat and poultry. But what I would miss most is the luxury of having all the food you need in one place. I would also miss the food loaded with sugar, sodium, and fluoride filled gum.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
"SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM..."

Sorry I could resist myself.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I would miss filling my pockets with Swedish fish and sour patch... Im 23 years old and I still do that...

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I would miss peanut butter so much

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotThat
In the book "Into the Forest" by Jean Hegland, two teenaged girls are left alone in their house in a remote location. As food stores are consumed the girls miss tea and sugar. What would you miss?

During the last winter storm I had lots of food in the house but nothing I really wanted to eat. I wanted cookies, crackers, pretzels-all junk food items. If I couldn't go to the store again I think I would miss chocolate.

Generally speaking, I would probably miss junk food the most. However, if I have to narrow it down, my "junk food" I would miss the most is coffee and potato chips (which I consume at different times, mind you). My favorite chips are baked barbecue chips; if they stopped making them, I would be terribly disheartened.

Realistically, though, what I'd truly miss are my smokes. You want to see me on a bad day? Take away my smokes and my coffee.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I would miss apple juice. Actually, I still miss apple juice. Not the kind in big jugs, but the small, yellow, Motts juice box. When my parents and I moved from New York to Illinois when I was 5, we lived at my grandparents until we could find a house for ourselves.

The thing I remember most about coming home from pre-school/kindergarten/first grade, was coming home to S'mores Poptarts, cut into 4 pieces, with the crust cut off. A Motts Apple Juice box, with the little side flaps opened up for me. And the small tv in the kitchen on Nickelodeon, so I could watch Rugrats or Double Dare 2000, or whatever the hell was on.

It was the Motts Apple Juice boxes that I awaited everyday. Also, the fact that it was given to me by the most loving human being who I will ever meet made it that much better. I still go to the store to pick up groceries for my mom if she doesn't feel like doing it, and always make sure to grab a pack of them if I can find them. They don't sell them in Target though, at least the one where I live.

But oh boy, Motts Apple Juice Boxes...greatest drink ever.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
cheese is nice.. and despite my abuility everntually. within those weeks pickles.. I would miss them the most. evebn though i can stand to live with out them 3 years with nary a thought.. As soon as i think about losing one thing in the market. Pickles come up

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
i'd miss condoms. i'd hate to have so many post-apocalypse babies i wouldn't be able to take care of.....

(edit) wait a second, i wouldn't miss condoms at all!!!!

[edit on 9-3-2010 by oldschoolsuper star]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join