It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you miss the most if you could never go to the grocery store again?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Well, being a Wisconsinite, would the Dairy Plants be gone too? That is where I get my cheese.

Extra Sharp Cheddar oooh
Colby Jack oooh
Muenster oooh stinkay
Medium cheddar for sandwiches
Parmesan for my homemade spaghetti sauce
Okay, I could go on about cheese, but I am going up to nuke a burrito cover it in Extra Sharp Cheddar, smothered with Sour Cream sprinkled with lettuce, onions all then topped with Salsa

Oh and the bottles of 4-6 year old Merlot's to wash them down with

Did I make anyone hungry?

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
1) Toasted Sesame seed bagel WITH CREAM CHEESE AND BACON!
2) Cookies
3) Coca-Cola
4) Chips

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
What is it about cheese today???

I would miss the coffee the most. I can grow my own tea leaves, but then I'd have to spike it with the coca beans for that extra KICK

I would also miss the ambiance and music that they pipe in.

It's always relaxing in a grocery store.............No, seriously

Peace

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
What I would miss would be cheese of course and toilet paper.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Doritos and Cokes.... we can make most everything else... but ice cold Coca Colas in the little glass bottles are off the chart. And love Nacho Doritos...oh, and Flammin' Hot Cheetos

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Gorgeous checkout girls. Other than that... nothing. I use a supermarket very rarely nowadays, prefer organic sources and farmers markets. Cheaper and better for you!

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I would miss toilet paper, milk, and shaving cream...in that order

Secure

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
id have to got with the cheese theme and say cheese cake,.....

Also soy milk,
terragon, (since i dont plant my own)
pancake mix
soy sauce and the nog shim ramens
pepperoini slices (((aauugghhh [mouth waters])
and wet wipes, cause those wipe so much cleaner than toilet paper, and are multi purpose,

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
You cheese people are starting to freak me out a little bit.

reply to post by xXxtremelySecure

Good one. I didn't even think of TP and was focused on edibles. TP would be a big one, as well as feminine products. There is washable toilet paper and feminine products in survivalist product lines but I'd really miss the convenient disposable products.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by xXxtremelySecure

Good one. I didn't even think of TP and was focused on edibles. TP would be a big one, as well as feminine products. There is washable toilet paper and feminine products in survivalist product lines but I'd really miss the convenient disposable products.

I could deal with hunting and foraging for my food, I know tons of roots and herbs that can make wild meat taste good. I know of no plants that feel good on your backside...or any plant that make of comfortable to shave. I have found out from personal experience good moral leads to better conditions.

Secure

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

There's actually a huge market - does not have to be survival oriented. In fact, most are oriented around peoples believes in sustainability and economics (the go-green group)... look up sites like Diva Cup and you'll see that a large amount of profit donations will go to helping the women of 3rd world countries achieve improved sanitary and health conditions.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
Well, being a Wisconsinite, would the Dairy Plants be gone too? That is where I get my cheese.

Did I make anyone hungry?

In the book the girls are at home in an isolated spot with no transportation. The last time they went to the store it was mostly empty. They only eat what they have in the house or can find in the forest.

So, you would miss cheese! You made me hungry!!

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by noobsauce13
1) Toasted Sesame seed bagel WITH CREAM CHEESE AND BACON!
2) Cookies
3) Coca-Cola
4) Chips

Don't forget those "all" bagels with everything! I could live on just the 4 things on your list!!

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by GhostR1der
Gorgeous checkout girls. Other than that... nothing. I use a supermarket very rarely nowadays, prefer organic sources and farmers markets. Cheaper and better for you!

Forget the source of the food. If you could no longer buy anything what would you miss the most?

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Potato Chips

Cigarettes

TP

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
TP would be a big one, as well as feminine products. There is washable toilet paper and feminine products in survivalist product lines but I'd really miss the convenient disposable products.

The girls in the book missed feminine products as well and used dried moss, I think.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
Potato Chips

Cigarettes

TP

I don't smoke anymore but I thought of cigarettes (or those little cigars) as well. I know I can buy them if I want. If I couldn't buy them then I would miss them.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
But I learned long ago that it is far cheaper, and better for you to learn how to make and store your own foodstuffs. Be it honey, beer, veggies, meats, sugar(from beets),

How do you make sugar from beets...I know that sugar comes from sugar beets but do you know how to do it? I have tried to search for away to make sugar from them and well I can not find any easy homemade way, would love to know....thanks

It would be M & Ms ( only the green ones ...
) and smokes I would miss the most

edit...top line should have been a quote from another post...I messed it up

[edit on 8-3-2010 by fernx]

[edit on 8-3-2010 by fernx]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Thank you for the applause. It was very nice of you.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by NotThat

Aside from the easy selection of foodstuffs, I'd miss talking with the workers. They all seem to be able to handle subjects that are mostly taboo at typical job sites. I should clarify this: the workers at TJ's seem to be able to handle topics of odd material. At the Jewel, you know better. There are people that have been there since you could smoke and shop who look at you like you are a hardcore junkie if you ask for a refund, not an exchange, for bad meat....

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join