It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boys in the Girls' Bathroom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I'll admit, I used to fantasise about this kind of stuff when I was in High School. This school is actually trying to allow boys to use the girls restrooms, locker rooms and compete in girls sports just because the boy happens to "self identify" as female.

Gender Agenda: Boys in Girls' Bathrooms

There was a time when boys of easy virtue had to content themselves with sneaking a peek at the girls’ swim team during practice. But social engineers may make this passé with a proposal to allow boys to use girls’ bathrooms and locker rooms.

No, this isn’t the plot of a decadent B movie.

The story comes out of Maine, with a state proposal that would grant boys claiming to be female the right to use the aforementioned girls’ facilities. It may even give such boys the right to compete on girls’ sports teams.

In fact, a boy in the state had already been allowed to use a girls’ bathroom, creating a controversy that led to the current guidelines. Bob Unruh reports on the story at WorldNetDaily.com, writing:

A fifth-grade boy at Asa Adams School had been given permission to use the girls' restroom. He then was subjected to "harassment," according to the Maine Human Rights Commission.

The school tried to reach a compromise by designating a special restroom for the boy, instead of allowing him to continue to use the girls' restroom. But the move brought a determination of discrimination from the state agency.

The Maine Human Rights Commission proposed a set of guidelines that would require schools "to allow young children to have access to facilities of the opposite sex. Under the proposed guidelines, boys who self-identify as female will have access to girls' sports teams and cheerleading squads, girls' bathrooms, and girls' locker rooms."

Shocking though this is, it’s nothing new. WorldNetDaily.com had previously reported on similar measures/laws in Tampa, Fla.; Montgomery County, Md.; and Colorado, all of which may or will allow men access to women’s bathrooms.

Yet this is part of a wider problem still: the sexual confusion characterizing our time. For example, last year I wrote about a Swedish couple that refused to reveal the sex of their two-year-old, believing that “gender” is a “social construction.” Then there was the story of Caster Semenya, the South African runner whose masculine appearance and wide-margin victories over female competitors sparked suspicion that the track star was a hermaphrodite (yes, I know it’s an outdated term, but I’m an outdated guy). Subsequent sex tests proved this to in fact be the case, but what was even more remarkable were the comments left by website respondents prior to that determination. Many actually expressed the idea that if Semenya believes “she’s” a woman, then “she” is. Well, tell that to the female opponents the runner left in the dust.

Read more: The New American

I wonder how the girls who would be forced to share locker rooms and showers feel about this. How can the school be sure someone doesn't use this policy just to get a peek in the girls showers?

What happens if one of these guys suddenly realises he's not female in the middle of showering and it starts to show?

I wonder, if some poor misguided girl decided she "self identifies" as a male, will she be allowed to shower with the boys under this policy?

[edit on 8/3/10 by FortAnthem]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Under the policy, yes, if a girl self-identifies as male, she would be allowed to use the male locker and bathrooms.

There is a part of me that is made uncomfortable about this, simply because it seems rather exploitable. But I think it would be pretty hard for an elementary student to effectively fake self-identifying as female to catch a glimpse of some underdeveloped girls. It takes a lot of work for anyone official to even recognize an adult as identifying as the other gender, and a kid's probably going to have to suffer a lot before they get recognized. No one's going to be taken advantage of.

That thing with the athlete really ticked me off. She was a woman, and it's as simple as that. Had she been a transvestite rather than a hermaphrodite (intersex, whatever) it would have been a different story. Maybe it would've been a little different even if she were TG. But she was a woman.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
What if we really have to go and the male bathroom is closed for renovation??? What option do we have!?

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak
What if we really have to go and the male bathroom is closed for renovation??? What option do we have!?

I've seen that plenty of times at sports events and such.

As long as the girl minds her own business I don't have a problem with it. I do however think women who do this should acknowledge that they are putting themselves at risk. There are plenty of perverts out there who might try to take a peek or something more. A woman who does this better be ready to defend herself if things go bad.

The situation in the article is quite different, it's not a matter of necessity. Personally, I think that until the person has had their junk rearranged, they should use the restroom that conforms to their physical attributes.

I imagine if a man were to attempt to enter a women's room, he would be attacked immediately, long before he had a chance to explain his "gender identification". probably locked up to.

The PC BS has gone too far in this country as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
i think they call ppl like this transgendered......and theres a really easy solution for this that i have found in many places that arent overtly trying to accomodate ppl with gender issues....its called a patron bathroom...and very commonly you will see one with both male and female symbols on the door...the door is lockable and is only for one person. Problem solved....next?

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
This would have been a great gimmick when I had to take swimming in high school.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I don't see a reason why they are creating a major issue out of this, considering other places in the world already have transsexual toilets, which would cater for male to female and female to male issues

BBC Linky

However the Thai's are a bit more open about such things, and willing to accept such differences that we perhaps are not.. so going that one stage further and allowing boys in girls changing rooms and girls in boys changing rooms just feels wrong..

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
I don't see a reason why they are creating a major issue out of this, considering other places in the world already have transsexual toilets, which would cater for male to female and female to male issues

I wonder what's the etiquette regarding leaving the seat up/ down in those transsexual toilets.

This alone could be enough reason to keep the boys out of the girls' bathroom. Could you imagine the girls going on the warpath if the guy left the seat up just a couple of times?

And how would they react if he had bad aim and didn't wipe the seat?

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ikonspyre

It's more complicated than them just being transgendered, but you're very right about the ideal solution. Add in unisex bathrooms!

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
The only reason I dont want men in MY bathroom is simple. They dont have the best of aim.

I dont care if all bathrooms transition to unisex. half of the room could be geared to girls the other half to boys with urinals.

Seriously everybody poops man.

Another solution is one woman one man and one unisex bathroom.

Or like above, a locked all sex bathroom.

I always took my boys to the bathroom with me til they were ten or so. Public bathrooms are nasty.

But for transgender issue, unisex would work fine.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Well I've dealt with this sort of issue in the past and I have a simple philosphy.

Use the bathroom that you have the equipment for.

I understand that some males and some females identify with the opposite gender, but this is a bit out of hand don't you think?

I mean sure, let them live free of discrimination, but don't give them special rights just because they want em.

I sound like all the people who argue with me over gay rights, but this to me is just a bit much.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

Originally posted by thoughtsfull

I wonder what's the etiquette regarding leaving the seat up/ down in those transsexual toilets.

This alone could be enough reason to keep the boys out of the girls' bathroom. Could you imagine the girls going on the warpath if the guy left the seat up just a couple of times?

And how would they react if he had bad aim and didn't wipe the seat?

I guess the same problem exists with some of the UKs unisex school toilets.. That has got to get the girls on the war path.. I saw an article on one school that had frosted glass doors on their unisex toilets so you could see if it was occupied! Which I think is more scary than Transexual toilets..

Now this article is bad
BBC linky
Forwarding the idea of NO MORE URINALS!!
I mean we used to see who could go the highest and name writing was not unknown against the steel splash backs

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Well I've dealt with this sort of issue in the past and I have a simple philosphy.

Use the bathroom that you have the equipment for.

~Keeper

You said that so much better than I did earlier in the thread:

Personally, I think that until the person has had their junk rearranged, they should use the restroom that conforms to their physical attributes.

I feel humbled before your eloquence.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I am a nudist/naturist and have dealt with this for years at nude beaches.

Go to a nudist/naturist beach in Germany and sharing bathroom is common and not unusual. Some beaches only have unisex bathroom.

Us nudist/naturist have had no problem with it.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
So they are claiming essentially that gender is a "social construction" and has nothing to do with the physical bodies whe have. I'd like to see the "science" behind this one. Funny how schools raise a big howling mess about the merest trace of traditional religion in the classroom under the guise of science, but seem strangely resistant to biological truths when it comes to these matters.

Perhaps the need to go to the bathroom itself is a "social construction." They should get rid of all bathrooms, then. Problem solved.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Us nudist/naturist have had no problem with it.

That may be so but I'm not going to expect everyone to have no problem with it, especially ten year old children.

Anyways, I'm all for trying to accommodate people but this is a little crazy. Essentially it's accommodating the few at the expense of the many. When I was ten years old, I would not have wanted to share a shower or locker room with a boy regardless of his self perception.

I would think the best idea would be to have a third bathroom like others said.

If a child is having a gender crisis, I think it would be cruel to force them into an uncomfortable situation. On the other hand, I think it's wrong to force the gender they associate with to feel discomfort by having to share dressing and shower spaces with a member of the opposite gender.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I think that the organizers/ations that are pushing to allow opposite genders use restrooms based on self-identity are not thinking through the entire issue. It seems they are pushing for a quick fix solution without considering the emotional/psychological issues that will come with this (for both groups). Consider that a child who is having an identity confusion (for lack better term) who will not only have to face self, but will have to face the judgments of peers... neither group is going to let something like this pass easily and the child in question, will be facing some incredible pressure/harassment/teasing/isolation... The psychological issues will be compounded, not mitigated. Poor solution, very poor. Unisex restrooms are far more appropriate (IMO).

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Only fools claim that it has NOTHING to do with biology. They are very foolish. But the thing is, the link between the two is NON-NECESSARY. It is a tendency, not a guarantee.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Penis = boy

Vulva = girl.

This is plain BS

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

join