It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shoppers could face VAT on food

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Shoppers could face VAT on food

www.telegraph.co.uk

The feasibility of introducing the food tax is being raised informally between civil servants, industry bodies and retail insiders.

So politically-sensitive is the move that all the talks are occurring "under the radar", according to retail industry insiders.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Well it looks like us British people are going to get screwed even more with a new 3-5% food tax. What ever will LIARbour think of next??? There are already reports that LIARbour is thinking about fining people £35 for not turning off their engines in traffic (even though this uses more fuel).
It is official, Britiain is officially broken and there is nothing any of us can do to fix it.

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SKUNK2

It makes one wonder what will be next, tax you for the air you breathe? Wow, when is this garbage going to stop. They won`t be happy till you just sign over all of your pay to them, will they? Though I live in the states, and all of the debit this country is putting on the people here, it wouldn`t shock me to see this happen here as well. They won`t be happy until they tax the world to the point of being a welfare state. The stupidity and greed they show makes me sick.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Damn..they are still wanting to steal as much as they think they can get away with from us all-even though they have gambled away all that they have already stolen from us.

Doesn't it just make you feel so proud to be British?
All that baloney they tell us about the UK being some kind of wonderful sanctuary of freedom...what a crock that turned out to be.

In actual fact,its become just a place where the government bleeds you for all they can get,and if you don't like it-protest,then they can mace you and beat the heck outta you,and give you a record.

Proper freedom,proper democracy.
Labour style.

Wonderful.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
well that marries into the victims tax they are looking at levying on parking tickets..

All I can say is bring it on... the more taxes the better..

Since the dimwits have obviously forgot the outcome of the ship tax, and a few other similar taxes

[edit on 8/3/10 by thoughtsfull]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Good lord! yuo have to turn yuor car off in traffic in england? how does anyone get anywhere in a timely manner? I am auto mchanicaly inclined, and have learned lots about oil engineering, as a hobby with extreme interest. IMagine how quick yuor starter could die out, andyes, that hardest thing on any gasoline engine, next to not changing the oil often is starting up youor car..that is a fact. The most wear on an internal combustion engine is simply when yuo turn the key.
However, thier is a way to cheat it a little. I like to use Marvel mystery oil, found at any auto parts store. Its been around for many years, comes in a red bottle, relatively inexpensive. It wont help save gas, but what it does is, lubricate the entire fuel system, including pistons. This greatly aids in cold weather so yuor car starts up with no hesitation or stallouots.
The remedy, is 4 ozs. for every 10 gallons. works wonders. Under englands circumstances, should greatly aid thier automobiles.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
Good lord! yuo have to turn yuor car off in traffic in england?

We don't...

Nobody i know has EVER heard of that either.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
They are also floating the idea of raising the baseline VAT from 17.5% to 20%.
It's not a Labour thing either as the Tories are also discussing tax rises, all to pay for the huge borrowing and waste.
Decades of rampant spending, privatisation of utilities and transport (which still receives £Millions in taxpayer subsidy) is catching up with us. LIke the people of Iceland though, why the hell should we be responsible for funding government incompetency, especially when we are denied any oversight on spending and there is zero accountability on the part of the government for $Billions wasted on failed projects.
Bailing out the bankers was, as far as I am concerned, the final straw. Not that it would have been any different with the conservatives in power, despite all the talk from David Cameron and Co.

new topics

top topics

join