It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm not using an Ad-Blocker, possible issue.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Normally I use the popular ad-blocker plugin for Firefox, but I'm not on this browser and I see the ads on this site, but I got a notice telling me that I'm using an ad-blocker when I went to check my U2U. I refreshed a couple times and it was still there. It finally went away but I want to express my frustration with this new features.

For one, I am not using a blocker so it's obviously a little broke.. and secondly, believe it or not, Everybody doesn't have a computer or a connection that can support is extra loading or the resources used by flash...

Do you have numbers showing the loss of revenue due to ad blocking? Do you screen your ads for resource hogging ads?

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I just had this just now too...

I think its ATS way of getting us to lower our personal PC defenses so they can infiltrate the info on our PC's.

You know like remote assistance only they assume we are asking for their help when we havnt and they jump on our PC's and do what they like...

At least thats my honest opinion.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
What the heck

I get the same message too when using Chrome, there is no feature for me to adjust....

I'm here now using Explorer but I don't want to.

Chrome not allowed on ATS now or what???

Why should I be blocked from using Chrome when ads are already blocked for me because of This

[edit on 8-3-2010 by Signals]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
from the owner

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Some users may have received an errant message while new code was propagating between our servers, and during that process, may have been incomplete. I'm very sorry about that! (sheesh)

Just goes to show you how many pages-per second we're serving up.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

link   

Originally posted by Icecoldfm
I just had this just now too...

I think its ATS way of getting us to lower our personal PC defenses so they can infiltrate the info on our PC's.

You know like remote assistance only they assume we are asking for their help when we havnt and they jump on our PC's and do what they like...

At least thats my honest opinion.

Haha really? Wow, you should take off the tin foil hat.

On topic, I got the message, just had to refresh my white list for addblocker and now it's fine.

~Keeper

link   
just had the same problem here, using firefox, reloaded page a couple of times, and restarted firefox and it went away, was very anoying.
p.s., happened after i went to a subscribed thread

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I got it too, ... it seems like alot of people are getting it.

I'm gonna go grab something to snack on while I watch all hell break loose.

take it easy guys.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
So it turns out I don't even know how to add ATS to an exception list in AdBlock Plus,so now this stupid message is going to pop up constantly.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SeeingBlue

Do you see the red stop sign at the top right corner of your browser?

If you do, click that. Then click 'disable for abovetopsecret.com'

That will disable it for the whole site. You can repeat the process for BTS if you go there.

If you don't see that stop sign with ABP, then I'm not sure what to do.

top topics

join