It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asia 'missing' 96 million women: UN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Asia 'missing' 96 million women: UN

rawstory.com

Asia is "missing" about 96 million women -- the vast majority in China and India -- who died from discriminatory health care and neglect or who were never born at all, the UN estimated on Monday.

Female infanticide and sex-selective abortion have caused a severe gender imbalance in Asia, and the problem is worsening despite rapid economic growth in the region, the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) report said.

"The old mindset with its preference for male children has now combined with modern medical technology" that makes it easier to predict and abort unborn girls, said A
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cawinfo.org
www.amnestyusa.org
www.rense.com

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
China and India make up 85 milllion of that number. Something to keep in mind as you're at the store giving your money to butchers.

You never hear of human rights violations coming form China anymore. I guess things have gotten better. Right?...

"An estimated 500,000 people were subjected to punitive detention without charge or trial through 're-education through labour' and other forms of administrative detention."

"Women suffered discrimination in employment, education and access to health care. The trafficking of women and girls remained widespread, particularly from North Korea. Domestic violence continued to be prevalent and was said to be a primary cause of suicide among women in rural areas.

It was reported in May that dozens of women in the Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region in south-west China were subjected to forced abortions under the supervision of local family planning officials, in some cases in the ninth month of pregnancy."
From Amenesty International (2008).

Included below is speech by a Chinese military official that portrays a startling picture of China's real feelings towards the US. Enjoy your child-slave labor products. Because China is the model for the NWO, coming to a town near you.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Maybe it has something to do with prostitution and the way women are treated as objects? Just sayin.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
The best part of this news???

Mother Nature always wins, and the amount female babies born in the West is increasing! Women are beginning to outnumber men and that is great news for men in the West!!

Not belittling the problem in Asia. It is very sad indeed! I just find it a little humorous that they didn't realize what a messed up future they were creating. Imagine millions of single horny men wandering around with no women! Crime, murder, rape, tension, rebellions, anti-government, etc., etc. This is going to be a huge problem for their governments and communities! I read on another site that whole villages of young single men were popping up here and there as are roving gangs of young single men.

I remember being a young single man and if there were no available women, I would have gone insane!! My sex drive is out of this world and I barely stay civilized as it is! Imagine millions of me roaming around thinking with the WRONG part of my psyche or anatomy!

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I am not at all surprised by this. Nor did I think that China improved its human rights, rather they improved their ability to filter information and censor it until there's nothing left.

When you begin limiting the amount of children that couples can have, especially in a country where lineage is so important, I don't really see how you can have any other outcome.

This is why population control via limiting offspring does not work. Eventually you end up completely lopsided.

top topics

join